Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Wtxj

Once set up the Direct TV controller will be the only one you use.
Not the TV one.

That's what I have now and that's fine.....the "once set up" part is where the problem lies....

Originally Posted by Archerhunter
I HATE that black bar on top and bottom.
Everything is squished. A tall slender chick looks short and fat.
A fat girl looks like a beached whale.

WTF?

I think it's the other way around....when I switched to DTV from Dish last year it included HD but since my old TV doesn't have HD all the people suddenly became tall and skinny....I assumed that the purpose of HD was to make all the fat ass's in Hollywood look skinny....

Originally Posted by BigDave39355
this all you old farts need

[Linked Image]

That right there is exactly what I need.....where can I get one....

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
those are custom made grin

by grandkids who are tired of gam gam hitting the source and setup button

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I just spent three hours trying to set up a new ROKU cube in the guest bedroom.
Phone call after phone call to tech help with ROKU, Netflix, Sling, Hulu, and the TV manufacturer.
I am afraid I was so flumuxed that I raised my voice to the pakistani kid with ROKU tech.
I need another Bourbon..........

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
I'm not as concerned with the other stuff....mainly I just want the DirecTV remote to turn the TV off and on without having to call and talk to Habieb....

Your DirectTv remote will take care of on and off for both the TV and the box.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Charlie, Funny you should mention a Trinitron, thats what we replaced a few years ago. And damn, that thing was heavy.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Get a "smart" TV, Blu-ray, learn Wi-Fi, a smart phone and more, and learn how to use em, or the next thing you know you want to do things and be completely lost.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Lonny
Charlie, Funny you should mention a Trinitron, thats what we replaced a few years ago. And damn, that thing was heavy.

Yea Lonny...those Trinitrons were the gold standard back in the day...they dam sure last...that's for sure.....

Originally Posted by 700LH
Get a "smart" TV, Blu-ray, learn Wi-Fi, a smart phone and more, and learn how to use em, or the next thing you know you want to do things and be completely lost.

That's not likely....ask Lonny....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH

He's lost now... how much loster, do you want him to be?

(FG, I got your back)

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Research shows that fewer than one in three people actually use the "smart" functions of their TV sets. I'm one of them. All I want is TV. I don't give a rat's patootie about streaming HULUFlix or any of that other crap.

I turn on and control my set with the DirecTV remote, but have to turn off the "smart" function with the TV remote every time I turn it on. PITA but since I can't turn the "smart" feature off (or haven't a clue how to if it's possible) I'll just hit that big colorful button every time.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Can you imagine hanging a 27 in Trinitron on the wall? How big would the lag bolts have to be?

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Don't get a cheaper Westpoint if you want your DTV remote to operate it. We were given one as a warranty replacement and the remote will not program for it.

FJB & FJT
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Archerhunter
I HATE that black bar on top and bottom.
Everything is squished. A tall slender chick looks short and fat.
A fat girl looks like a beached whale.

WTF?

Why is this horseshit the default setting?
Is it to make short armed round guys and fat broads (most Americans) feel better about themselves?

Seems to me default setting should be NORMAL that uses the entire screen.

And all you short squat fat fuggs that want to feel better about yourselves need to get you fat asses off the couch in front of your big flat screen and find something other to do than sit around getting fatter.

I think this is backward. Movies are filmed in sizes that don't match your TV, sometimes. If you fill the whole screen, then the picture will be distorted.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I can set some aspects of aspect ratio (how short how fat) on our Dish controller but sometimes I have to go to the Sony Bravia TV controller to get it fight. Circles should be circular.

Last edited by 5thShock; 02/07/16.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
762 members (10ring1, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 72 invisible), 2,989 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,716
Posts18,400,390
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.