Print Thread
Hop To
R
RJY66 Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Never have been able to figure out what Trump's angle is. Why would a man of his age and wealth want to be President? It is pretty hard to buy the whole "Mr. Smith goes to Washington" thing about wanting to "give back" and "make America great again". If he really wanted to be President, he should and would have started working on it in his 40's not now in his 70's. He very easily could have.

Then there are his actions on the campaign trail. He has done incredibly well and just when it seems he is going to lap the field he does something crazy like skipping the Iowa debate, dropping f-bombs, acting childish, etc.

The potential answer hit me last night watching the debate. Cruz was giving his spiel about building a wall on the border and Trump snickered at him into his mic. Cruz then said "and I know who I will get to build it" and gestured Trump's way...and Trump smiled that little Cheshire cat smile of his.

That might be the plan folks, hidden in plain sight. Trump is using his fame and a little (very little) of his money to run a campaign that is highly entertaining, getting a lot of attention, and bringing in many potential new voters. But he may not be running for president but rather running for a shot at building the "great wall of Trump" on the border. That would be worth a several billion dollars.

All he has to do is to continue to run but at some point, for some reason, quit and throw his support behind one of the others, probably Cruz, and get him nominated and elected. President Cruz then awards the contract to build the wall to Trump Inc....and boom goes the dynamite! The art of the deal indeed!

Its a great year to do it because the democrats are in such terrible shape and odds favor the GOP this year anyway....but billionaires hate leaving things to chance.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Don't know if you are correct about Trump's motives, but I hope you are right about the election outcome. God help us all if Hilldog or Whackdog win !

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
It's good you said 'maybe'.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
http://www.politifact.com/punditfac...ps-campaign-contributions-democrats-and/

Data from the Federal Election Commission and state elections offices provided by the two websites show that Trump has given $584,850 to Democrats and $961,140 to the GOP over the last 26 years.

The difference in donations is almost entirely captured in Trump’s recent giving. Since 2012, Trump has donated $463,450 to Republicans and just $3,500 to Democrats (California Attorney General Kamala Harris and New York Assemblyman Michael Benedetto).

--------------------------------------------

2012 the repubs regained the senate, 2014 they continued to hold both houses.

Trump put up real money to help reverse the current cockfoolery... his money was wasted on the same cockfoolery from the repubs.

His intent is obvious, neither dems or repubs are worth a chit and running this country off the edge, he feels he can fix it himself.

Kent

40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Read the first pagaraph of the first page of the first chapter of his first book. (Dealing: A week in the life.).

Do people even bother reading anything besides forums anymore?

"What I was saying is if my kin folk 400 years ago had guns, we wouldn�t be having this conversation. I�m in favor of guns and encourage everyone I know to have them because the last time we didn�t have them we were abused.�
Rep.Mitchell.
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by krp
http://www.politifact.com/punditfac...ps-campaign-contributions-democrats-and/

Data from the Federal Election Commission and state elections offices provided by the two websites show that Trump has given $584,850 to Democrats and $961,140 to the GOP over the last 26 years.

The difference in donations is almost entirely captured in Trump’s recent giving. Since 2012, Trump has donated $463,450 to Republicans and just $3,500 to Democrats (California Attorney General Kamala Harris and New York Assemblyman Michael Benedetto).

--------------------------------------------

2012 the repubs regained the senate, 2014 they continued to hold both houses.

Trump put up real money to help reverse the current cockfoolery... his money was wasted on the same cockfoolery from the repubs.

His intent is obvious, neither dems or repubs are worth a chit and running this country off the edge, he feels he can fix it himself.

Kent

BUT BUT BUT Bowazzwipe and Rob Jordan said otherwise. Notice how Jordan almost disappeared right after IOWA.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
They just leave stuff out, which is their prerogative... they also just cut and paste some talking head instead of spending 5 minutes researching real numbers on their own.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
RJY66,

Entertaining. You might be correct.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
You are actually quite close. Trump is running as the attack dog, saying things that need to be said, laying groundwork for what needs to be done.

He can get away with it.

He can't get elected but the eventual Republican nominee win benefit greatly from Trumps campaign.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Harry M
You are actually quite close. Trump is running as the attack dog, saying things that need to be said, laying groundwork for what needs to be done.

He can get away with it.

He can't get elected but the eventual Republican nominee win benefit greatly from Trumps campaign.

Again, we agree. Unfortunately, he is taking votes away from the conservative and not the establishment candidate. I don't know if that is by design, or just bad luck on behalf of the country.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B3

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Harry M

He can get away with it.

If this is even remotely true I wished he had gone this far in 2012. But oh wait...then he may have taken out Obama. wink

Hmmmmmmmmm!!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Q: When a woman argues what is she trying to get?

A: An argument.

Don't overcomplicate it. He isn't Machiavelli he's The Donald and his ego requires attention.

He NEEDS to win so he'll make a scene and drop out if he's polling behind and find a way to claim a win, possibly by lawsuit.

If he does win only he knows what kind of POTUS he'll be. I assume zero's temperament, sitting up high and issuing decrees will be his model but I could be wrong.

The issue is never the issue. The issue is always the revolution.

David Horowitz, Saul Alinsky and every woman I've ever argued with.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
He will win. Especially if he drops out. That's why he's in to begin with. There is no such thing as bad publicity in show business.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (1OntarioJim, 219 Wasp, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 222Sako, 204guy, 48 invisible), 2,042 guests, and 1,136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,069
Posts18,463,518
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.