-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jeff, just bring a dozen of the best ones.

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I would look at northern part of zone 1 .

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

First weekend in September starts archery season in Montana, but I would show up if there were 99s displayed and or for sale..Just sayin'..

Even the best of us have inadequacies.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
What would the requirements be to host one of these? I might be willing to host this if there was enough interest to do it in mid-August in the Wellsboro, PA area. Its a beautiful area, near the Pennsylvania Grand Canyon, affordable, and while remote, near enough to population dense areas for many of us to drive. Thoughts?

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Good idea. Close to the eastern Savage guys to draw a crowd.

Consider the attendance at the fests at Jed's.

Last edited by crowmagnum; 02/07/16.
IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I could make that one, Joe.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Me too, for sure. About a 5 hour drive for me.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Me too, for sure. About a 5 hour drive for me.

Travel through Massachusetts and New York would be a no go with guns.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Need a secure, gun friendly, heat/cooled building that will hold around 30-35 tables. Time frame Friday afternoon till Sunday noon. Will need tables, chairs, meals brought in works best (an on site kitchen works well). We have found someone to spend the night in the building at past events. A nice motel where we can stay that is not to far from the event. We ask for donations to help with cost but the host will end up eating some cost but they don't have to travel to get there (1600 mile drive for Rory and me).

That will give you a ruff idea. Others that have hosted will probably have some input, as well.

Savage...never say "never".
Rick...

Join the NRA...together we stand, divided we fall!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think the location and time would be good. Should draw some eastern folks. Understand the traveling with guns concerns but they could still bring memorabilia items and paper and set up a table. It is a great opportunity to meet new folks and put a face with the name. Count me in as a supporter. Feel free to PM or call me with any questions about how to get it done. Rick's outline is pretty complete and accurate about what it takes. Only other ingredient necessary is about 4-6 enthusiastic supporters who can come early Friday and help with setup etc.
John

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I am seriously considering doing this. Spoke to somebody a while back, and it sounds doable for me. It really is a beautiful area. Will start looking for a facility. How many days??? Arrive on Friday nights and depart on Sunday afternoon? Is that about right?
Regarding CT and NY states, it is my understanding that as long as you can demonstrate that you are "driving through" the state, to a specific event, guns are not an issue. That should not be difficult to substantiate. For those that don't know the area, Wellsboro, PA is located roughly 3 hours north of Harrisburg, PA, and an hour southwest of Corning, NY, if that helps.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 1899guy
I am seriously considering doing this. Spoke to somebody a while back, and it sounds doable for me. It really is a beautiful area. Will start looking for a facility. How many days??? Arrive on Friday nights and depart on Sunday afternoon? Is that about right?

Close. grin
In 2014 we setup at noon Friday with Fest following. Full day Saturday with tear down/clean up on Sunday. Lots to see and talk about.
Do what works for you, but, more time is better.

"Every day above ground is a good day."
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Looks like about a 15-16 hour drive for me. Probably not going to make it. But I would recommend stopping by the Little League World Series in Williamsport, PA on your way. Even if you don't have kids, it's something to see. It doesn't cost anything, and I think the timing might be close.

Brian

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The first 2 Fests were in New York state, can't see where anybody should be too worried about that.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Times have changed since then Rory. Indiana, Ohio and PA may be firearms friendly but don't break down in IL. Worth the extra time to drop down and go through MO through KY and then up. Had a hell of hassle in northern IL a while back when I got pulled over by a stater and he saw a gun case in my back seat. I'm still pulling for a zone 1 Fest but that's because I live on the left coast with a midwest attitude. grin

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Id try to make a fest in PA if its not in OCT. just depends on my funds at the time, maybe ride down with someone.

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Wellsboro is within spitting distance of where I hunted and fly fished for many years. Beautiful country.

It would be like going home for me. Of course I'll go!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I know it's been suggested in years past, but why not two Fests- one for the anointed followers back East and one for the unwashed masses out West? Then, every couple years or so have a big one in the middle of the country (I suggest Rick's house at Christmas, or Rory's house on Opening Day.)

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Who would even show up to FestWest? George and I would end up drinking all the beer! grin

LOL
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is it decided? PA? If so, count me in. And I will bring some firearms as well. PA is nice country.

Rick: Once we have a place and time for sure, could you post it with a sticky?

Thanks,
Jeff

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

113 members (6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 1_deuce, Ackman, 257wthbylover, 16 invisible), 1,596 guests, and 907 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,513
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.