Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
From his wife:

Jeff Quinn Update:
Hi friends...I really am stunned at the genuine inquiries coming in from all over the world.
I can actually feel the warmth of the prayers in this room. Its hard to describe but the prayers and kind thoughts provide a calm atmosphere in the day's whirlwind of activity as well as in the stillness of the night.

And so, for those who ask...here 'ya go so I communicate the same thing to everyone:

2nd dialysis completed this evening with a total of 6 liters / 14 lbs of fluid removed.
Another treatment may lie ahead in the next 48 hours.
Heart rate and blood pressure improved.
He's still heavily sedated and hands restricted due to the numerous tubes in his body and especially the throat leading to lungs and stomach.
The ventilator continues to breath for him.
Needless to say, when words such as "life-support" started being used, my tears dampened his bed as I prayed all night for Jeff to go home to see the grandkids again.

The Drs explained today that the life support is in place at this time to allow Jeff's body and his lungs a good rest as they begin to heal. The machine is doing the work for him. His lungs are kind of on vacation after being labored so much the past 2-3 weeks.
Weaning from the ventilator should begin within 48 hours depending on the strength & ability of his own lungs.

When Jeff does on occasion begin to ease out of the sedation, he attempts to communicate with hand signs...or that uni-brow frown I'm so used to. But those times are fleeting. He does follow the nurses simple verbal commands as they work with him

I'm here at all times in case he eases awake and I can talk to him hoping he hears my voice.
When he recovers from all this, I will be anxious to see him do a video recounting his thoughts and or dreams the past few days.
Because...as he lays perfectly still..I see his trigger finger moving. Squeeze, release, squeeze, release, squeeze, release.....
I kid you not!

Thanks again all. With warm gratitude,
~Souette

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
God and prayers do work in mysterious ways ! smile

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
never heard of him but will sure say a prayer! Thats a tough road he is one.

Pray for the bumps to be smoothed out.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Prayers and good thoughts for him. His gun reviews are always very well written, with excellent organization to cover all the points and also correct grammar to make things understandable. I hope he returns to work soon!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Prayers on the way. Gunblast rocks...

Regards,

Tom
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Done...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Done, in the name above all names.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Prayers sent.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
May his recovery be overseen by our Good Lord.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Most current update Prayers are working:

Jeff Quinn UPDATE:
Well, my FB prayer warriors of all faiths from all over the world...you folks really stepped up to the plate on this one.
Jeff was weaned off his sedation meds and came up fighting. He and tubing do NOT agree. After some wrestling and his negotiating with the nurses via hand signs...the tubes and release from life support came around 2:00 am. A day earlier than planned.
The plan was to have him sitting up by 5:00 am. BUT again, Jeff negotiated and promised he would follow nursing orders and he was up at 3:00 am taking care of his own "whore bath" as he calls it.
By 4:00 am, he was fresh in fresh bedding and wanting a summary of the past 3 days. Still frustrated with struggling to hear, things were becoming clear to him as to what he'd been through. The staff and I are writing the longer communication pieces.
Although his hearing is still not present, he is wide awake and watching every move of staff members.
Oh...and to bring him a little ray of sunshine in all this....somebody snuck him some chocolate milk! NOT ME!!!...but maybe somebody that kinda looked like me.
A huge thank you and virtual hugs to all those who have followed and supported us in any way over the past 10 days.
But it's not over yet, healing still needs to continue and prayers for the return of his hearing will be much appreciated.
I pray all of you have a wonderful Monday and your own personal needs and wants can be fulfilled to bring you contentment.
~Souette

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
IC B3

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
May God bless and keep him

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
From his wife:

Jeff Quinn Update:
Hi friends...I really am stunned at the genuine inquiries coming in from all over the world.
I can actually feel the warmth of the prayers in this room. Its hard to describe but the prayers and kind thoughts provide a calm atmosphere in the day's whirlwind of activity as well as in the stillness of the night.

And so, for those who ask...here 'ya go so I communicate the same thing to everyone:

2nd dialysis completed this evening with a total of 6 liters / 14 lbs of fluid removed.
Another treatment may lie ahead in the next 48 hours.
Heart rate and blood pressure improved.
He's still heavily sedated and hands restricted due to the numerous tubes in his body and especially the throat leading to lungs and stomach.
The ventilator continues to breath for him.
Needless to say, when words such as "life-support" started being used, my tears dampened his bed as I prayed all night for Jeff to go home to see the grandkids again.

The Drs explained today that the life support is in place at this time to allow Jeff's body and his lungs a good rest as they begin to heal. The machine is doing the work for him. His lungs are kind of on vacation after being labored so much the past 2-3 weeks.
Weaning from the ventilator should begin within 48 hours depending on the strength & ability of his own lungs.

When Jeff does on occasion begin to ease out of the sedation, he attempts to communicate with hand signs...or that uni-brow frown I'm so used to. But those times are fleeting. He does follow the nurses simple verbal commands as they work with him

I'm here at all times in case he eases awake and I can talk to him hoping he hears my voice.
When he recovers from all this, I will be anxious to see him do a video recounting his thoughts and or dreams the past few days.
Because...as he lays perfectly still..I see his trigger finger moving. Squeeze, release, squeeze, release, squeeze, release.....
I kid you not!

Thanks again all. With warm gratitude,
~Souette

Glad to hear he is getting better. I pray a strong recovery continues.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
God is the great physician. May god bless and heal him.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel
God is the great physician. May god bless and heal him.

Amen. He should never have gone to the hospital to begin with..

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Any updates lately?

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Jeff Quinn UPDATE:
Mr. Gunblast was paroled from the hospital at Noon today.
He is now home for the rest of his recovery and the grandkids are the best medicine for him.
I'm scooting around town picking up prescriptions and necessary items to get us back into the groove. He still has a couple of weeks of healing.
Thank you to each of you that took a moment of your time to support him over the past two weeks.
I firmly believe that our family, friends, aquaintances and people we've never met...of all faiths, prayed Jeff through this. I felt it. I KNOW IT! Prayer is amazing!
Continued prayers are still welcome and I know Jeff will post his own thoughts when his voice recovers and his stamina for being at the computer is stable.
With a warm embrace,
~Souette

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
-Mark Twain
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Good news but I am guessing that the medical professionals may have had something to do with his healing.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

142 members (257wthbylover, 300_savage, 5sdad, 2ndwind, 17CalFan, 21 invisible), 1,805 guests, and 971 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,506
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.