Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by isaac
Hope I'm wrong.
--------

No worries, Mike. You are.

I called it right with 'Bammy the first time, and despite assurances here, called it right the second time around too frown

May be because most of my immediate kin live back East, maybe because I teach in a large public school.I feel like I got a finger on the pulse of how the rank and file out there thinks.

Trump PO's a lot of people, especially women. All Hillary's gotta do is accuse him of being sexist whatever, that will be enough, all she has to do is quote him.

Hillary gets the bitter, disappointed no-longer-young woman vote, which is huge.

Her running mate will be the mild-mannered Juan Castro. All he will need to do is smile a lot, parade his young family, and be the nice, accessible and non-threatening Hispanic that he is. He's been taking Spanish lessons so he will also give speeches in Spanish so as to seem authentic. He will also deliver the Starbucks crowd since he IS one of the Starbucks crowd.

So that huge voting block in America that doesn't vote based upon gun rights, Pro-Life or morals, doesn't really have a strong opinion about anything, will get to feel good voting for a woman AND a Hispanic in yet another historic first.

Cruz sweats a lot and wears a natural frown. Worse he's been praying a lot in public lately, and the Evangelical votes don't counteract all those turned off by such antics, especially back East.

Only guy who could make inroads with the low-info middle-of-the-road majority of the American public is Rubio, and he is being written off, and would be boycotted by many on the Right even if he did get the nomination.

Already we've seen the Trump brand begin to fray with his whole boycott-the-debate fiasco. After a few months of his bluster 24/7 along with innumerable magazine covers of an old guy with a bad comb-over along with some crash-and-burn quotes of his and we'll ALL be tired of him by November, even those of us like myself who would HAVE to vote for him.

JMHO,
Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Already we've seen the Trump brand begin to fray with his whole boycott-the-debate fiasco
-----

I guess that's why he's just risen in the polls.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Right now my wife says she'd have a difficult time pulling the lever for Trump. She says Cruz is her choice.

I don't know why sane people love you.

As she said, Trump is very 'off putting' towards women, and women vote.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Hope I'm wrong.
--------

No worries, Mike. You are.

I called it right with 'Bammy the first time, and despite assurances here, called it right the second time around too frown

May be because most of my immediate kin live back East, maybe because I teach in a large public school.I feel like I got a finger on the pulse of how the rank and file out there thinks.

Trump PO's a lot of people, especially women. All Hillary's gotta do is accuse him of being sexist whatever, that will be enough, all she has to do is quote him.

Hillary gets the bitter, disappointed no-longer-young woman vote, which is huge.

Her running mate will be the mild-mannered Juan Castro. All he will need to do is smile a lot, parade his young family, and be the nice, accessible and non-threatening Hispanic. He will deliver the Starbucks crowd since he IS one of the Starbucks crowd.

He's been taking Spanish lessons so he will also give speeches in Spanish so as to seem authentic.

Cruz sweats a lot and wears a natural frown. Worse he's been praying a lot in public lately, and the Evangelical votes don't counteract all those turned off by such antics, especially back East.

Only guy who could make inroads with the low-info middle-of-the-road majority of the American public is Rubio, and he is being written off, and would be boycotted by many on the Right even if he did get the nomination.

Already we've seen the Trump brand begin to fray with his whole boycott-the-debate fiasco. After a few months of his bluster 24/7 along with innumerable magazine covers of an old guy with a bad comb-over along with some crash-and-burn quotes of his and we'll ALL be tired of him by November, even those of us like myself who would HAVE to vote for him.

JMHO,
Birdwatcher

I think that's an excellent assessment. The only thing that can save us is for people to vote for freedom, but it doesn't appear that freedom is a popular as it used to be. People have become addicted to instant gratification would rather say they "won" today, even if it means they will lose for the rest of their lives.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Right now my wife says she'd have a difficult time pulling the lever for Trump. She says Cruz is her choice.

He's "off putting" to sixty-something percent of Republican voters and that is not going to change.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Already we've seen the Trump brand begin to fray with his whole boycott-the-debate fiasco
-----

I guess that's why he's just risen in the polls.

What? A majority of Americans LIKE Trump? Or is it among just those willing to express support for any Republican candidate?

We know we got 40% of the vote regardless. We know the Dems also got their 40% Is Trump gonna deliver another 15%? I don't think so.

JMHO,
Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Pure nonsense. And, what does that say for Cruz?

36 more hours for the reality check.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

He's "off putting" to sixty-something percent of Republican voters and that is not going to change.

I still am not convinced he wants to 'go the distance'. This whole thing is very odd. What is unfortunate, is that this should be a year that the dems are easy to beat, on paper anyways.

I truly believe the goal is to always have the legislative and executive at odds with one another. There is FAR more money to be gained that way.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Sieg Heil Reichsfuhrer Donald von Trumpen!!!!

Just to make some of you roll your eyes way back in your heads.....

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
EthanEdwards: YOU... mis-spoke!
Maybe you SHOULD have said "indeed "the hildabeast" should be indicted but probably won't be".
"Done deal ("the hildabeast's) indictment" (your quote - thats wishful thinking.
As of today I am convinced there is a less than 10% chance "the hildabeast" will be indicted (before the upcoming Presidential election) by barrack hussein obama's regime!
Sad that.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

New Hampshire is New Hampshire. Trump's not the only ubber-rich liberal candidate that should landslide New Hampshire. If he and Clinton don't...they're in real trouble.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

New Hampshire is New Hampshire. Trump's not the only ubber-rich liberal candidate that should landslide New Hampshire. If he and Clinton don't...they're in real trouble.
Are you going to get behind Trump when he's the Republican candidate?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
He was just on with Chuck Todd & handled himself quite well...If he'd stay on topic & expound on his "Great" ideas. He could very well win over a lot of support...but all his "trust me it's gonna be great" crap just doesn't cut it.

That's why I don't see Trump winning, if even getting the nomination. He has no specific answers for all he's promising and when the number of candidates dwindles down more, the questions will become more and will get more pointed. I may be wrong, but I think when that happens, he's going to be exposed as all talk and no or little substance.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Of course. As I've said for years, I want the most conservative candidate that can win. Right now, that's Cruz, Rubio and Trump, in that order. I still think Trump could beat Clinton, but he won't beat Rubio, so that's a moot point. He wouldn't beat Sanders, because they share the same base plus the usual Democratic voters. I will always vote for the lessor of evils, but now is the time to attempt to promote the least evil candidate for the nomination.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
try to stop with the hyperbole.

A Trump supporter talking about hyperbole! laugh

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Personally I think Sanders base is the young "diversity is our strength" college kids and the hard left side of the progessives who think Clinton is just left of center if not slightly right leaning. He also will get a lot of the younger "libertarians" who prioritize sex/drugs/abortion.

Trump on the other hand I think is getting a lot of support from people who are tired of having everyone but Americans priorities first. His base may not see themselves as conservatives, but they do see themselves as Americans. They are more worried about jobs/immigration/taxes.

we'll find out soon enough I suppose.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dodgefan
Personally I think Sanders base is the young "diversity is our strength" college kids and the hard left side of the progessives who think Clinton is just left of center if not slightly right leaning. He also will get a lot of the younger "libertarians" who prioritize sex/drugs/abortion.

Trump on the other hand I think is getting a lot of support from people who are tired of having everyone but Americans priorities first. His base may not see themselves as conservatives, but they do see themselves as Americans. They are more worried about jobs/immigration/taxes.

we'll find out soon enough I suppose.

I agree with all of that. Though I do think Sanders base is a bit more wide spread and carries much of the union vote.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sander's base consists of establishment haters that don't want to vote for a true conservative. Same as Trump.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Pat wil.

Will you back anyone other than Trump if they are the candidate? That is the question to you and about 4M knuckleheads in swing states.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
ltpowell
I agree they are both getting the anti-establishment vote. I Just think they are anti-establishment for different reasons and therefore different bases. If you sort everyone into Conservative and not Conservative piles then you're right in your assessment.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

660 members (1minute, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 66 invisible), 3,098 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,701
Posts18,456,746
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.