Print Thread
Hop To
N
N2TRKYS Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
I did some accuracy work ups yesterday. This is using the Magpro in Model Seven SS 7 SAUM with 22" barrel. The speeds from top to bottom is 2780, 2800, and 2840. I was using a 160 grain Accubonds.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Looks like you might have a bedding issue. Getting 1-2 groupings. Shoot 5 shots and see if you get 3-2 groupings... You asking a question in regards to your accuracy or lack thereof or what???

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Looks like you might have a bedding issue. Getting 1-2 groupings. Shoot 5 shots and see if you get 3-2 groupings... You asking a question in regards to your accuracy or lack thereof or what???

Lawrence you don't think messing with the seating would help?? Then again the op didn't give much info on the gun I'm going to assume it bedded.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Lawrence you don't think messing with the seating would help?? Then again the op didn't give much info on the gun I'm going to assume it bedded.

Good point. You may be on to something there.. However, I don't assume anything is bedded around this joint... OP still a little vague..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
N
N2TRKYS Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
These are some of my first reloads. I probably haven't loaded 30 rounds yet. I still got alot to learn.

IC B2

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by N2TRKYS
These are some of my first reloads. I probably haven't loaded 30 rounds yet. I still got alot to learn.

Is your rifle bedded?

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by N2TRKYS

If its 3 diffrent loads, I would take load 3 vary the seating depth 5 thou up and 5 thou down,then take it out to the 2 or 300 if possible and see how they do.
2 tight and one out for a hunting rifle isnt bad.

Swifty
B
B
To me, it appears he is reloading by the Nosler book to saami spec in a factory rifle, so with out measuring to the lands and then measuring the loaded ammo to the ogive, by having him move the bullet in and out would not be advisable. A factory gun and factory duplicate ammo is most likely .120 or more off the lands to begin with.

If it is a box gun shooting per the book handloads , his group isnt that bad, could be better with a different powder, but it is still what one could expect from a box gun shooting basic handloads from a 22in barrel.

More information about the gun and the hand loads would help, but Id hesitate giving much advice with out more info.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hunting rifle + hunting load = plenty accurate for big game hunting !

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by buckfvr
To me, it appears he is reloading by the Nosler book to saami spec in a factory rifle, so with out measuring to the lands and then measuring the loaded ammo to the ogive, by having him move the bullet in and out would not be advisable. A factory gun and factory duplicate ammo is most likely .120 or more off the lands to begin with.

If it is a box gun shooting per the book handloads , his group isnt that bad, could be better with a different powder, but it is still what one could expect from a box gun shooting basic handloads from a 22in barrel.

More information about the gun and the hand loads would help, but Id hesitate giving much advice with out more info.

Sometimes you go with what info you have. More on the rifle and loads would help, but as BSA said earlier 3 shot groups really mean nothing. 5 shots are more helpful, but then again so is a little distance which is why I suggested the 2 or 3.

load development target for 110 accubond out of 25.06 at 200.

[Linked Image]

Target 1= 5 thou longer than Nosler book.
Target 2 = 5 thou under
Target 3 = Nosler book
Target 4 = 15 thou under
Target 5 = 25 thou under and 5 Thou longer than the proven 117 Sierra load.

Swifty
IC B3

B
B
As you move beyond 100 yards, shooter ability/influence/error increases. That is why at this point to shoot at 100 yards reduces shooter error and allows focus to be on gun/load.

If you read in the Berger book about seating depth test, they indicate seating depth nodes of .040 as a starting point then refining from there. We generally go with Bergers manual since they have pretty much been one of the key innovators of the "load long " movement.

Our above post on the Ruger Precision Rifle .243 shows our tests as well, just we kept it to 200 yards for reasons of development of ES/SD so we are good to go beyond 600 yards.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by spalding
Hunting rifle + hunting load = plenty accurate for big game hunting !

I see Larry the douche-bag is back..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

634 members (1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 1234, 160user, 61 invisible), 2,319 guests, and 1,218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,619
Posts18,455,052
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.