Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
You won't like this, but I think you will be lucky to get $800. Nothing wrong with the rifle, it's the economy. If it was priced right it would have sold. Nice rifle, but you have to find someone with exactly the same taste as you. Like many things, when you customize you don't get your money back. Applies to guns, cars or motorcycles. Put it back in the safe.

It's hard to get what you paid for, for really cheap rifles and customized rifles. That's why I buy good honest rifles that are easy to re-sell. Hint....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Only shot 20 times to break in, due to dads shoulder not accepting the recoil of the gun. Don't really know what it will do as it was never really shot enough to see how well it will shoot.

Yes it does have a lot of customization completed on the gun, at the time dad had all this work done he wanted an all weather big game gun, since then his shoulder has failed him and his body won't let him handle it.

Sorry bsa but, not everyone can afford to shoot top end guns daily. Some of us have to slump it and shoot model 70's.

Thanks for the hint

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by jack1122
Only shot 20 times to break in, due to dads shoulder not accepting the recoil of the gun. Don't really know what it will do as it was never really shot enough to see how well it will shoot.

Yes it does have a lot of customization completed on the gun, at the time dad had all this work done he wanted an all weather big game gun, since then his shoulder has failed him and his body won't let him handle it.

Sorry bsa but, not everyone can afford to shoot top end guns daily. Some of us have to slump it and shoot model 70's.

Thanks for the hint

I "slump" it every day, then, with my old model 70's. Good honest rifles are easy to sell. Some guys shy away from custom jobs, but if you find just the right person that wants that exact rifle it should sell. Also remember that one man's opinion of "upgrades" is another guys, "What the fu ck did you do that for????". A John R. Sundra laminated stock is not my idea of an upgrade, when the orginal walnut stock was probably just fine/just as good. An upgraded stock is more in line with a good Mcmillan or Brown Precision.. List it on gunbroker or gunsinternational. You'll get far more people looking at it and it will probably sell. Post a lot of pictures and give as many details as you can. Also, don't be afraid to just sell the barreled action and then sell the "upgraded" stock on ebay or the likes. Good luck with it..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
The stock is nothing special.... It's just a simple Boyd's laminate stock that was pillar and glass bedded, with checkering cut in it. I never tried saying the stock was something special at all. We knew before it was being put up here the stock was useless and would make it worth anything extra at all.

I'll just buy it from him and put another barrel in it and let my kids wear the new barrel out shooting at paper.

Thanks for slumming it and shooting those cheap rifles sometimes with the rest of us.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I bought an all original 338 win mag SM model 70 with two stocks the original plastic stock and factory wood stock for $600 bucks... And it's a 5 digit too.. So,,,,,,,,,,,, why would one buy yours for a grand when one can shop around and pick them up for 6 bills

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B2

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The stock is nothing special.... It's just a simple Boyd's laminate stock that was pillar and glass bedded, with checkering cut in it. I never tried saying the stock was something special at all. We knew before it was being put up here the stock was useless and would make it worth anything extra at all.

I'll just buy it from him and put another barrel in it and let my kids wear the new barrel out shooting at paper.

Thanks for slumming it and shooting those cheap rifles sometimes with the rest of us.

I have an original synthetic stock for your model 70 if you want it let me know. Surprisingly those synthetic stocks are not too bad...

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by 79S

I have an original synthetic stock for your model 70 if you want it let me know. Surprisingly those synthetic stocks are not too bad...

Thanks but I have a synthetic stock for it already.....

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S

They are really not too bad when you glass bed them right too huh John... grin

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 79S

They are really not too bad when you glass bed them right too huh John... grin

Pretty good shooters too..

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (12344mag, 10ring1, 1337Fungi, 1beaver_shooter, 1941USMC, 16penny, 58 invisible), 2,676 guests, and 1,124 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,306
Posts18,468,155
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.