-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
TBR is a company out of New Zealand and I wondered if any of you folk have used their products, particularly their synthetic stock stabilizer kit.

GB1

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Try asking the guys on this forum. I know some of them have used TBR products.
http://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co.nz/forum.php

"The 257 Roberts, some people like to call it the “.257 Bob.” I think these people should be hung in trees where crows can peck at them." - David Petzal
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I spoken with Nathan multiples times. He seems like the real deal. I've never used his products though.

The biggest reason I did not buy it was the shipping. He does not have a US distributor and the shipping was like $40+ if I remember correctly.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've used Nathan's bedding compound and it is excellent. I will be trying out his stock stabilizer in the next few weeks- I can't see him putting out a product that wasn't great.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
When you have used it, will you let me know what you think?

How is the cost of shipping from NZ to US?

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Will do. I can't recall the cost but it was significant compared to domestic freight. I ordered several kits to make it worthwhile. Nathan's level of service makes the cost worth it- if you're a beginner, he'll literally talk you through the job via Skype or phone. Call 3M on Sunday afternoon and see how that goes!

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
No doubt. He's more than helpful.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I don't know about the products he sells but I wish he would stop writing about cartridges on his website. Every fool is linking to them even though he plainly hasn't even shot some of the ones he writes about.
Anyway, I am always wary of someone who recommends or condemns using a cartridge or bullet based on the weight of the animal.

I sent him an email once, and immediately was hit with a demand for money as a payment for replying.
I have better charities to give to.

"A person that carries a cat home by the tail will receive information that will always be useful to him." Mark Twain
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Beautiful Country down your way. How is the weather?

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
The summer weather has been great except for the last two days. Wanted to sight in my new Kahles 2-7x36 yesterday but it was blowing and raining. Maybe today.

"The 257 Roberts, some people like to call it the “.257 Bob.” I think these people should be hung in trees where crows can peck at them." - David Petzal
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Every time I think of New Zealand I remember the old dead-eye dick cartoon of dead-eye standing naked under a cold shower,his feet in a bucket of ice and a fan blowing on him full tilt whilst he is standing there shivering and aiming his rifle straight up in the air.

Apparently getting acclimatised for a hunt in New Zealand.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Three trips to/through NZ have amounted to a total of about 8 weeks in the country - much of that in the south island and about 2 weeks in the lower half of the north island. Mostly Spring and early summer and the weather was glorious for the most part. One or two rainy days at Lake Taupo and one day of rain in Dunedin/Otago area. NZ is a very good place to travel via small motor home but, if a rental, you may not be able to ferry it from the SI to the NI.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
29 deg this evening, and that's in the closest bit to antarctica.
Dont be fooled though, tomorrow will be 15 deg and its going to rain.:)

"A person that carries a cat home by the tail will receive information that will always be useful to him." Mark Twain
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by CarlsenHighway
I don't know about the products he sells but I wish he would stop writing about cartridges on his website. Every fool is linking to them even though he plainly hasn't even shot some of the ones he writes about.
Anyway, I am always wary of someone who recommends or condemns using a cartridge or bullet based on the weight of the animal.

I sent him an email once, and immediately was hit with a demand for money as a payment for replying.
I have better charities to give to.

He's a real chump, it'd be nice if people would stop apparently caring what he thinks about anything.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 61 invisible), 2,961 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,347
Posts18,468,810
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.