Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I understand the sentiment but if you tracked back where every dollar corporations send money to and support, your home would be bare.
The Country is already in the crapper.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I don't think I have had a Pepsi in 50 years

me..not quite 50 yrs...that schidt will rot out your innards.....

drink beer......

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not promoting Pepsi here but what ever happened to good ole fashioned male chauvinist Superbowl ads?

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Snyper
Yeah, we should all protest because our 1st Amendment rights ...............wait..........what?

Freedom for all who agree with me!!!!!!!!

Where do you get this stuff???????

One has a right to say what they want....and individuals have the right to react to what was said as they wish.

It's not a difficult concept.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Not promoting Pepsi here but what ever happened to good ole fashioned male chauvinist Superbowl ads?

Those producers were all sent to the re-education camps.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
go fishing....

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Boycott away Men, I don't drink that chit anyway, will do a bit of research on what other co's they own though.

Trump Won!
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Yeah, we should all protest because our 1st Amendment rights ...............wait..........what?

Damn! You post some of the most illogical crap I've ever read.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
First of all, I did see it. Seems you ought to at least do that to have an opinion on it. Watching it I didn't see any race related issues. Neither did anyone else I was watching it with.

It was a bunch of black dancers looking like black people. I'd say they did a pretty good job of it.

As far as boycotting pepsi products, you just might be surprised what that involves. I don't drink Pepsi but I do indulge in Lays, Quaker, and Tropicana, so it's probably not going to happen.

Turkish Airways was a big sponsor of the SB. I'm not flying on them.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RifleDude

People claim the right all the time, until someone else uses it, and they disagree.

Then they want to curtail their speech.

I really don't care what anyone says, since we are all entitled to our own opinions.

I just think it's silly to protest against her protest because you don't like her saying what she doesn't like

See where this leads?

It's not like y'all were buying her records anyway

This is a non-sequitur. Unless I missed it, nobody said anything about anyone wanting to curtail free speech. I've found an interesting constant that those who scream "tolerance" the loudest seem to be the least tolerant among us.

Having the freedom of speech doesn't exempt someone from facing the consequences of dumb behavior. Just as Beyonce and Pepsi, or whomever have the right to express any opinion they wish, consumers likewise have the right to their opinions as well. By extension, consumers can vote with their wallets whether or not they support the message being sent.

Would you have it any other way? Should anyone be forced to buy a product if the company promoting the product sends a message one finds distasteful?

Freedom is a two way street.

I like the way you said it.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by toltecgriz

First Amendment freedom doesn't apply to private sector...unless the government says it does. Pepsi had the right to control the content. So did the NFL for that matter.

People claim the right all the time, until someone else uses it, and they disagree. Then they want to curtail their speech. I really don't care what anyone says, since we are all entitled to our own opinions. I just think it's silly to protest against her protest because you don't like her saying what she doesn't like. See where this leads? It's not like y'all were buying her records anyway

Yeah, snyper, I see where it leads - to the assessment that you are an ideological and illogical obfuscating numbskull.

No one here expressed a wish to curtail any speech rights - you made that up. They simply do not like the Pepsi speech - their right to dislike.

Because Pepsi is a commercial enterprise that chose to spend its profits advancing a socio-political agenda, Pepsi exposed itself to critique by those who don't like their agenda. You spend your profits to send your message. If some folks don't like your message they have the right and opportunity to speak back. That's a protest, - got it? In this case. the protest might be to decrease the profits that paid for the message being protested.

It has nothing to do with curtailing speech rights - it has to do with being forced to take responsibility for what one says. Try it !!

It's all about curtailing speech when you want to punish one group for something someone else said.

You want to bully them into promoting your point of view simply because you disagree with what she said.

She didn't diss cops any more than a lot of people here do every day.

You're still just whining because she exercised her rights, just like you want to do

You don't like it, so you want to try and shut them up, just like I said, but you're putting a lot of effort into denying it while at the same time stating it.

Last edited by Snyper; 02/08/16.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You don't like it, so you want to try and shut them up, just like I said, but you're putting a lot of effort into denying it while at the same time stating it.

Kind of like you putting a lot of effort into trying to shut us up about Planned Parenthood, Snypercrit?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i boycotted pepsi and all soda pop years ago.haven't drank any of that crap for 25-30 years.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Had a Pepsi once. Yuck!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RWE

Kind of like you putting a lot of effort into trying to shut us up about Planned Parenthood, Snypercrit?

I haven't tried to stop anyone from saying anything.

I stated many times I don't care what you say at all.

I'm not boycotting anything to try and keep you from doing anything.

All you've got is silly name-calling and some delusions

Feel free to talk about anything you choose.
I will do the same.

If you think you not buying a Pepsi now and then will affect anyone other than you, feel free to do that too.

But don't deny the real motive

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Hey, Snyper... if your next door neighbor called your mother a whore, would you reward his behavior by buying life insurance from him?

Simple market forces at work. If one doesn't like the product being sold/promoted, one has the freedom not to buy said product. And, whether you admit it or not, there WAS a product being pitched. It's no different than voting for political candidates who best represent your values. In this case, the "ballot" is one's $.

Again, freedom is a 2-way street...or at least it should be.

I personally don't believe most boycotts work, but I'm still not going to knowingly support causes or companies whose products or message I find distasteful or I'm diametrically opposed to. I'm betting if you're being honest, you don't either.

But, this is such a basic, common sense concept that I suspect you're just trolling.

Ted
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE

I haven't tried to stop anyone from saying anything.

I stated many times I don't care what you say at all.

I'm not boycotting anything to try and keep you from doing anything.

All you've got is silly name-calling and some delusions

Feel free to talk about anything you choose.
I will do the same.

If you think you not buying a Pepsi now and then will affect anyone other than you, feel free to do that too.

But don't deny the real motive

Actually, you've tried time and again to have people NOT post things that you disagree with by saying (over, and over, and over) that they should just "mind their own business".

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RifleDude
Hey, Snyper... if your next door neighbor called your mother a whore, would you reward his behavior by buying life insurance from him?

Simple market forces at work. If one doesn't like the product being sold/promoted, one has the freedom not to buy said product. And, whether you admit it or not, there WAS a product being pitched. It's no different than voting for political candidates who best represent your values. In this case, the "ballot" is one's $.

Again, freedom is a 2-way street...or at least it should be.

I personally don't believe most boycotts work, but I'm still not going to knowingly support causes or companies whose products or message I find distasteful or I'm diametrically opposed to. I'm betting if you're being honest, you don't either.

But, this is such a basic, common sense concept that I suspect you're just trolling.

Of course he's trolling. He's not intelligent enough to actually hold a conversation.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by gunner500
Boycott away Men, I don't drink that chit anyway, will do a bit of research on what other co's they own though.

Anyone ever heard of a little brand called Frito-Lay? And Pepsi also owns the bottling rights to Mtn. Dew in most of the country.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As well as Aunt Jemima... whistle

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

86 members (444Matt, 44automag, 35sambar, 10gaugemag, 6mmCreedmoor, 6MMWASP, 13 invisible), 1,967 guests, and 827 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,660
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.