-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Just saw an item on the internet that Forcillo has been found guilty of attempted murder. For those not familiar this is the cop who shot a young man on a street car in Toronto a couple of years ago. The act apparently took place 50 seconds after Forcillo arrived on the scene. None of the other police in attendance fired their guns.

As yet don't know when sentencing will be. In my personal opinion if he had not been found guilty of something it would have been equivalent to giving the police hunting licenses on the streets.

Thoughts?

Jim

GB1

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yup, he's as guilty as guilty gets....

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I only know what I read in the papers
Guy on the bus with a knife--cop shoots him 3 times waits 5 seconds and shoots him 5 more times--then another cop tasers him.
Could have been 'suicide by cop' I reckon
I haven't watched it but I hear they got the whole thing on tape.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Glad to see he was held accountable. Who was the investigating agency? Who did he serve with?

As a retired officer, I was thrilled whenever a matter could be resolved without the use of lethal force.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Brother Keith;
Good evening to you sir, I trust this finds you and yours well and it's good to see you about once more.

We saw the video and heard about the verdict on the evening news about an hour ago.

What was unclear to my wife and I - and apparently the jury - was the necessity for the second volley.

I absolutely believe that all Canadians - LEO included - should have the right to protect themselves from lethal force. That being said, there has to be checks and balances - which this may well have been.

Anyway it's tough to comment from a few seconds of video alone and that's all we saw.

All the best to you and yours this year sir.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
According to the evening news some of the commentators think the verdict was a compromise. Apparently if he had stopped shooting after the first 3 shots he would have been acquitted. It was the final 5 or 6 shots which got him convicted of attempted murder. There also seemed to be some question of the testimony of Forcillo and other officers as to whether or not they were trying to justify what he had done.

The head of the police union thinks the verdict was "chilling".
After watching the various videos many, many times I think it would have been more chilling if he had walked away scot-free.

It is all moot at this point anyway since they are going to file an appeal which will allow this matter to drag out for who knows how many years.

As a side note the family has filed a civil suit which I suspect will destroy the officer in the end. The family is being represented by a very well known civil lawyer from Toronto.

Jim

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
As a former member of a major police force in Canada, I can tell you that the decision on whether or not to use lethal force is not one to be taken lightly. We were required to submit a use of force report any time we even drew our weapon, and each case was investigated and a decision was made on whether the force used was justified, and if disciplinary action was required, it was taken.

In this case, the officer was charged criminally, and tried by a court composed of a judge and a jury. He was convicted of one of the offences, and acquitted of the other. What happens from here on, appeals etc -- is all part of the legal a process afforded to any person charged and convicted in Canada. May justice prevail.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He gunned down that stupid kid.[google the video]the kid was standing on a bus and wasn't even coming down the steps to get out the door.

Found guilty of 'attempted murder' is a flipping joke. You kill someone and it's an attempted murder. What next!!

This one is almost as bad as the kid in BC that got shot in the back of the head by an officer defending himself...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter
This one is almost as bad as the kid in BC that got shot in the back of the head by an officer defending himself...

You mean the one that the media made a big stink over but in the end the kid was choking and beating the crap out of the officer?

You must be a Trudeau supporter......

Gerry.
IC B3

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by gerrygoat
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter

You mean the one that the media made a big stink over but in the end the kid was choking and beating the crap out of the officer?

You must be a Trudeau supporter......

grin

Brother Keith

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (1234, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 50 invisible), 2,636 guests, and 1,144 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,503
Posts18,452,541
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.