Hop To
#10944497 02/09/16
J
JMUPT Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Anyone have any experience with the noreem bn36? I picked one up this past weekend, I had never seen them before. Mine is chambered in 25-06. I know they made an ar style rifle in 338 lapua, but didn't know about these. I will hopefully be able to shoot it this weekend weather permitting. It's only supposed to be a high of 16 degrees. Let me know if you have any experience with these. Here is a link to Noreen's website.
http://onlylongrange.com/bn36-long-range-assassin-30-06/

GB1

J
JMUPT Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
A little update on the rifle. I finally took it out of the box and looked it over, I only briefly looked at it at cabelas where I purchased it. The trigger is gritty with a good bit of creep in the first stage and second stage is heavy but it breaks crisp. The major issue I found is the muzzle brake. It looks like a 5th grader worked on it. Looks like the tool they were using to cut the ports were dull, or they just went to far with it. That or the tool they used to tighten the brake was cranked on with excessive force, and it pushed a metal burr up on the first 2 ports top and bottom. I called them on Friday and they told me to send pics to tech support, so I did. Well I got a response back today and it was disappointing to say the least. They said this was a common issue with the early production rifles and that it will not affect the function of the rifle, and that was it. I then replied asking if it was a known issue could I get one of the new brakes that didn't look like crap. Their response was no, unless I wanted to purchase it. I was both surprised and disappointed that they would do absolutely nothing on a firearm that was nearly 2k dollars. I plan to call on Tuesday to see what I can accomplish. [Linked Image]]photobucket[/url]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That disappointing. Are you a Veteran it might help if you are. They responded when I told them I was a Vet and stated the do have discounts for Vet's.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I am not sure how to take this. I am sure Ruger would send you a new part and not even require a photo. But they are big boys and been around long enough to know how things like this bug people.

This is used and you got it like this. I would guess the price, used, reflected the condition. If it shoots like crap due to a lemon barrel are they expected to replace that also? Not exactly the same, similar idea. I always assume a used gun to be as-is and take a chance to save some money.

I would call back. Absolutely and mention that this is posted online while you are at it. But; end of the day, I would not be pissed at the company any more than at my self for screwing up on the purchase.

If that is a stainless part is is super easy to chuck up and clean and polish on a lathe or even carefully with a file and successive sand paper and scotch bright.

J
JMUPT Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
This was a brand new gun, still in the sealed box. I called today and spoke with the same tech support guy that I had been emailing with. He finally agreed that I could send it back and they would fix or replace the brake. Said they couldn't just send me a new one becase it take a special tool to install it. I find it funny that I could purchase a brake from them and a specail tool isn't needed but for them to send me one it is. Anyway I hope that I don't have any other issues with this firearm, because my faith in them to take care of it willingly is severly deminished.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
tell them you want your money back....

for real dude I can see a desire for a 25-06 on the other hand you should have done more research before buying.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (1lessdog, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 1234, 64 invisible), 2,841 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,341
Posts18,468,725
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.