Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by KFWA
I never really thought much about why Cruz sounds like an AM radio televangelist.

His path to the nomination is trying to wrap up the evangelical vote.

I doubt there is anything actually sincere about this man.

Unlike Trump, he's not a big supporter of affirmative action, but I realize that kind of stuff doesn't matter to you guys.

for anyone paying attention, there isn't much that matters to Cruzettes at this point either

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
GB1

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
All these dumbass writers make everything too complicated. It will boil down to liberal vs. conservative as always. Republicans nominated liberals the last two elections and lost their (our) ass. George W. Bush won easily, because the voters THOUGHT he would be a conservative, after Clinton fatigue. How'd that work out?

Liberalism is killing America and it doesn't matter whether it is Republican or Democrat.
Yup.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I never really thought much about why Cruz sounds like an AM radio televangelist.

Unlike Trump, he's not a big supporter of affirmative action, but I realize that kind of stuff doesn't matter to you guys.

for anyone paying attention, there isn't much that matters to Cruzettes at this point either

Only conservatism. Rubio would work. Or Carson. Paul was good too. It's not about Cruz. It's about saving the country.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Only conservatism. Rubio would work. Or Carson. Paul was good too. It's not about Cruz. It's about saving the country.

so you're not voting for Trump if gets the nomination

might be a rock and a hard place to push the idea that a real conservative wouldn't vote for Trump

Last edited by KFWA; 02/09/16.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've already answered that, but it's beside the point. A liberal is a liberal...Republican or Democrat, the results are the same.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pat, there is a chance that were Trump to take the POTUS that Cruz could be nominated to the SCOTUS. I'd take that trade.

With Hitlery or Sanders, we will get SCOTUS nominees that make Kagan and Sotomayor look "moderate", and those two will be the face of a 5-7 vote majority on the SCOTUS for decades.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
ABC

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Don't get your britches in a knot just yet...It's only the first primary. North east was pretty much a given in voting liberal....nothing more nothing less.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 4ager
Pat, there is a chance that were Trump to take the POTUS that Cruz could be nominated to the SCOTUS. I'd take that trade.

With Hitlery or Sanders, we will get SCOTUS nominees that make Kagan and Sotomayor look "moderate", and those two will be the face of a 5-7 vote majority on the SCOTUS for decades.

I'm not worried about Cruz. I'm worried about liberals. I've supported Cruz because he's the least liberal. Liberals are the death of us.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've already answered that, but it's beside the point. A liberal is a liberal...Republican or Democrat, the results are the same.

My frustration is that any Republican voter would vote for a liberal before a conservative. I have nowhere to go. My team wants the other side to win, ultimately.

IC B3

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Your frustration is isolated more towards your confused,misplaced labeling of viable Republicans.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You're right, with "viable" being the key word. I am frustrated that the only candidates "viable" to Republican voters are those most like Democrats.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

might be a rock and a hard place to push the idea that a real conservative wouldn't vote for Trump

I don't know why it's so hard for some of you guys to understand that Trump is nothing but a jackass in an elephant costume...it's really pretty simple when you look at his PAST support of liberal candidates & issues....

In regards to the 2A issue, I seen a post yesterday that said Trump "walks the walk" because he's got a concealed carry permit...well so does Chucky Schumer & Dianne Feinstein...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All you have to do is win a republican primary.
dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yea, but hes our jackass.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Sad but true

conundrum is WWTD(what will Trump Do)

Right now he's all big talk,vulgar talk for 2A, torture the likes not seen since medieval times or Pulp Fiction,Build a wall,throw illegals back,kill ISIS,get tough with N Korea and China....sounds like a dream conservative candidate right?

But previous actions over a sustained period of time makes one wonder what happened did Scrooge's ghost come and show him the light or is he just saying what we want to hear to close the deal after all he is the master manipulator and great deal maker it's art according to Trump

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
We have to avoid the arrogant presumptions and in party divisions caused by an unwavering and undeserved belief that all republican voters must believe exactly as I do or suffer the risk of being foolishly labeled a liberal or non-conservative.

The arrogance and presumptions of the inner factions of the GOP is it's own worst enemy. This is partly what has lost us elections and what has made the democratic party as successful as it has been against our party.

In fact, the GOP, in looking only at the tree rather than the forest, are arrogantly incapable of becoming cognizantly aware of the dynamic or realize how the dems have capitalized upon this self inflicted party turmoil and they'll continue to have the upper hand until we do figure it out.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I think Bob just called us stupid.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Right now he's all big talk,vulgar talk for 2A, torture the likes not seen since medieval times or Pulp Fiction,Build a wall,throw illegals back,kill ISIS,get tough with N Korea and China....sounds like a dream conservative candidate right?
-------

Except for the "vulgar" talk and the wall, what above is different than what Cruz has talked during his campaign?

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think Bob just called us stupid.

Not stupid; just arrogant and foolish.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

87 members (35, B52RadarNav, 44mc, Ashworth, 11 invisible), 1,428 guests, and 836 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,060
Posts18,463,260
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.