Well then wear shorts when you die, it's going to be hot. grin

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by gitem_12
So if we evolved from apes, of which there are millions of today, and millions of humans today...what happened to the supposed ones in between?

The large majority seem to be here on the 'fire.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Some folks confuse evidence with proof.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What's wrong with believing that both are correct? God created life and humans as part of that ... and over time, we have evolved from how we were created then, into what we are now?

No need for anyone to have to fight over which is true, then they are not mutually exclusive conditions.

-WGM-
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
stevelyn,

As species evolved into a new and improved models, the inferior ones died off because they couldn't adapt or compete.

The belief in evolution, like creation, is a belief system. Facts are different. Here is something to consider:
"Using this known data about mutation rates, a variety of researcher have used computer simulations to model the accumulation of mutations in the human genome over time. It was found that over 90% of harmful mutations fail to be removed over time and are passed on to subsequent generations."

Emphasis by the writers.

These results were developed from both evolutionists and creationist.

What this shows is natural selection does NOT eliminate harmful mutations. Certainly this would apply to all species.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Middlefork_Miner,

We didn't evolve from apes...though related, we're a different species...Just like [bleep] c h i m p a n zees are related but an entirely different species than Gorillas...At some point in the history of planet, we Probably were the same species...we also share genetic DNA with pigs & other mammals. We're in our infancy in figuring it all out, but I suspect that if mankind can survive for another couple thousand years, we'll have a much better grasp on the origins & evolution of life...

We share 50% of our DNA with bananas. All that proves is 50% of our DNA and a banana are the same. Without counting I would bet big money that 75% of the letters in your post and mine are the same. That proves nothing other than we use most of the same letters. Your post and mine came from an intelligent mind. (I use the term loosely here.) There is evidence all life came from an intelligent mind. Scientific info suggests order can not come from chaos.

Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
What type of genetic mutation is passed along? An insertion of a protein or a deletion? A mutation can itself be evidence of evolution.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ConradCA,

It is not an opinion. It is supported by millions of facts and is logically consistent. I believe that the way people should think about this is that God created animals and people using evolution.

This is patently false. Evolution is NOT supported by millions of facts. Creationist and evolutionist have the same facts. It's a matter of interpretation.

The description of creation in the bible is the best that the people who wrote the bible could do without science. I am a believer in: give unto God what is God's and give unto scientists what is science.

The theory of evolution was developed to get away from The Creator. The vast majority of scientists who brought us out of the dark ages were creationists. If you lay out the theory of evolution next to the Bible creation story you see contradiction after contradiction.

The idea the ancients were ignorant compared to us is falsified by the pyramids and walls in central and South America. We don't know how they achieved these feats. I remember reading about a brass spring found in some sedimentary rock. Some scientists put a modern spring and the brass spring in a machine. After a few million moves the steel spring broke. They put another steel spring in there and the same thing happened. The unknown manufactured brass spring lasted millions of times longer than our best steel springs. Another artifact was a pick found in sedimentary rock. It should have been rusted, but it wasn't. They discovered it was combined with chlorine instead of carbon like we do today.

Out Of Place Artifacts is a fairly new science. For me the artifacts are not out of place. Modern man is so full of himself because we have by and large been brainwashed since watching cartoon through graduate school and here on the social net that we are more intelligent than ancient man.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dutch,

Point of order, but Biblical creation is a belief, evolution is a theory.

It's only that way to a brainwashed person. They are both faith positions. No one was there to observe either beginning. At least with Bible creation we can appeal to An Infinite Intelligent Energy. Evolution has to start with nothing producing something. Tell us which is more scientific: A result being greater than its cause or a cause being greater than its result.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tzone
Well then wear shorts when you die, it's going to be hot. grin

ill class up the joint, its gonna be full of fire members and will need all the help it can get :-D

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by justin10mm
Originally Posted by ironbender
These threads are never not fun!

The fact that in today's world there are still people that honestly think the earth is only 6000 years old is distressing to say the least.

This is not a fair characterization at all. It's not that the world is only 6000 years old, it's that the world has only been round for 6000 years. Before that it was flat. Anybody with an 8th grade education knows this...

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
jdm953,

I idea that if I let go of something and it will hit the ground is pretty much a fact.The reason for it may be a theory but its happening is fact.I can watch it over and over.

A creationists scientist discovered gravity.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I came in here hoping to see pictures of an attractive lady and here its old dudes arguing points they can't prove and no one will ever agree with them. Leaving saddened.

Speak for your group. I know some who have changed their minds.

Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
It's not coincidence that ALL life starts as a single cell...

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Valsdad,

To further this discussion,

How do "we" know God is a "he"?

God tells us He is a spirit and those who worship him worship Him in spirit and Truth. We have no idea Who or What exactly God is. We do know from history God is very loving and extremely harsh. Consider Noah's Flood and killing His Own Son.

Is there physical evidence to support that line of thinking?

At the same time God says He took on the form of a man and looked us in the eye experiencing the same things we experience without our faults. The most documented legal historical fact is the life death and resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth. God, The Rule Maker, tells us if you don't accept His Gift of His Son, Jesus, He will be very offended. He will be so offended he will torment us for eternity. It is a Free Gift. But we must ask. Of course this requires something most of us don't even strive for: Humility!

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
acooper1983,

I believe in evolution a lot more than i believe in a bunch of books that have been translated a ton of times,

Ever hear of the Dead Sea Scrolls? Your ignorance is showing.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
WGM,

What's wrong with believing that both are correct? God created life and humans as part of that ... and over time, we have evolved from how we were created then, into what we are now?

No need for anyone to have to fight over which is true, then they are not mutually exclusive conditions.

People who have not study say this sort of thing.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
AcesNeights,

What type of genetic mutation is passed along? An insertion of a protein or a deletion? A mutation can itself be evidence of evolution.

Here's the problem with mutations. They are like getting on a plane headed for Hawaii when you want to go to New York. You're going the wrong direction. There are no known beneficial mutations. I read just last week if the mutation rates stay at the present rate humans will be extinct in 2,000 years.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
kingston,

This is not a fair characterization at all. It's not that the world is only 6000 years old, it's that the world has only been round for 6000 years. Before that it was flat. Anybody with an 8th grade education knows this...

Here's the problem with your belief. The book reputed to be the oldest in the Bible teaches the earth is round. Columbus was a Christian who believed his Bible. He was convinced he could sail to India by sailing WEST despite it being east of where he was.

Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Mutations are evolution. Mutations that are compatible with life are potential evolutionary traits being expressed. The first fish with legs was laughed at by all his aquatic friends until the ocean conditions changed.

Have you read the book The Science of God by Gerald Schroeder?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

482 members (17CalFan, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 1lesfox, 10ring1, 39 invisible), 1,785 guests, and 1,041 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,179
Posts18,465,614
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.