Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
AcesNeights,

It's not coincidence that ALL life starts as a single cell...

It's called design. Based on all the scientific tests since scientific tests started hundreds of years ago life comes from life.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I agree. That first single cell created by God, by his design evolved into life forms that have been extinct for millions of years and yet life continues to evolve into other life forms.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
AcesNeights,

Mutations are evolution.

Mutations are mistakes in the DNA. They are NOT evolution in the mice to men scenario.

Mutations that are compatible with life are potential evolutionary traits being expressed.

What beneficial mutations are you familiar with that can be passed on to the next generation? All scientific tests show there is a limit to how much change is in the DNA. If it goes beyond that the fetus aborts.

The first fish with legs was laughed at by all his aquatic friends until the ocean conditions changed.

Were you there? What a silly anthropomorphisaion.

Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Malaria resistance.

TOne of the genes that governs bone density in human beings is called low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 5, or LRP5 for short. Mutations which impair the function of LRP5 are known to cause osteoporosis. But a different kind of mutation can amplify its function, causing one of the most unusual human mutations known.

This mutation was first discovered fortuitously, when a young person from a Midwest family was in a serious car crash from which they walked away with no broken bones. X-rays found that they, as well as other members of the same family, had bones significantly stronger and denser than average. (One doctor who's studied the condition said, "None of those people, ranging in age from 3 to 93, had ever had a broken bone.") In fact, they seem resistant not just to injury, but to normal age-related skeletal degeneration. Some of them have benign bony growths on the roof of their mouths, but other than that, the condition has no side effects - although, as the article notes dryly, it does make it more difficult to float. As with Apo-AIM, some drug companies are researching how to use this as the basis for a therapy that could help people with osteoporosis and other skeletal diseases.he classic example of evolutionary change in humans is the hemoglobin mutation named HbS that makes red blood cells take on a curved, sickle-like shape. With one copy, it confers resistance to malaria, but with two copies, it causes the illness of sickle-cell anemia. This is not about that mutation.

As reported in 2001 (see also), Italian researchers studying the population of the African country of Burkina Faso found a protective effect associated with a different variant of hemoglobin, named HbC. People with just one copy of this gene are 29% less likely to get malaria, while people with two copies enjoy a 93% reduction in risk. And this gene variant causes, at worst, a mild anemia, nowhere near as debilitating as sickle-cell disease.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
AcesNeights,

I agree. That first single cell created by God, by his design evolved into life forms that have been extinct for millions of years and yet life continues to evolve into other life forms.

What evidence do you have for this statement? Certainly not the way the God of the Bible created. God says He created everything fully developed and ready to function in its present condition; except for the degradation God forced on His creation. Death does not create. God says the last enemy that will be destroyed is death. God says, "By sin death entered the creation."

Everyday Hunter
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
A mutation is almost exclusively an insertion or deletion of a protein in the DNA sequence. To think that all mutations are bad or deleterious to the host is incorrect. They certainly can be harmful or fatal but aren't always.

Sherpas are born with substantially larger lungs than non Sherpas. That's an evolutionary change not a function of acclimatization.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
AcesNeights,

Malaria resistance.

If both parents have cycle cell anemia all their child do not survive.

This mutation was first discovered fortuitously, when a young person from a Midwest family was in a serious car crash from which they walked away with no broken bones. X-rays found that they, as well as other members of the same family, had bones significantly stronger and denser than average. (One doctor who's studied the condition said, "None of those people, ranging in age from 3 to 93, had ever had a broken bone.")

Remember I mentioned the evolutionist and the creationist have the same info. You and I see the info about the bones differently. I see what the majority have is the result of a deleterious mutation causing weaker bones. The family you sighted is like two of my friends. Both of them can see what normal people see with 7X binoculars. One can see in the dark almost the same as we see in the day.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
AcesNeights,

A mutation is almost exclusively an insertion or deletion of a protein in the DNA sequence. To think that all mutations are bad or deleterious to the host is incorrect. They certainly can be harmful or fatal but aren't always.

That is your preferred belief. It is not supported by investigative science.

Sherpas are born with substantially larger lungs than non Sherpas. That's an evolutionary change not a function of acclimatization.

See the above statement about my friends who can see like 7X binoculars. Those who had the good lungs survived and kept up with the group. Those who didn't didn't and died.

Everyday Hunter
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I honestly don't care what other folks believe. I'm sure most of my hunting buddies adhere to evolution and that's fine. There is a reason why my beliefs require faith.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by tzone
My daughter came home today and I asked her what she did at school. She was telling me about science, and how they're learning about Evoloution. I asked her if she believes in eveoloition and she said "no God did it."

She said her teacher also said "I don't believe in this but I have to teach it to you anyway."

I'll be dipped...

I used to think evolution was a natural progression of man. But, after reading some of the postings on this forum, I know that some here have not evolved since God created Neanderthals! smile

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ro1459
I am simple minded when it comes to this discussion. I simply look at the growth of humans in the womb from egg to birth. That is clearly an evolving process. I believe God created all life, but question if he created it to remain as first introduced. Could he just as easily have created us to evolve on Earth, as in the womb, to become what we are today. In my mind, both evolution and creation are in conjunction with each other and both support the others point of view. And, I thank God every day for this wonderful gift.

This.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by ConradCA
The scientific evidence supporting evolution is overwhelming and logically consistent. The men who wrote the bible may have been inspired by God, but had no understanding of science or the scientific method and attempted to answer the mystery of the origins of life. We should understand that they did their best at this problem, but we know better.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...Search/true/Evolution_Proof?#Post8255381

Not so!

Science does not support Darwinian Evolution. Hence the term "theory."

Darwinian Evolution fails to explain the evolution of the different "kinds" of cratures.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WGM
What's wrong with believing that both are correct? God created life and humans as part of that ... and over time, we have evolved from how we were created then, into what we are now?

No need for anyone to have to fight over which is true, then they are not mutually exclusive conditions.

What happened over eons to us could well have happened in "the blink of an eye" to any God or first mover.

Time is relative, and any discussion of evolution should keep sight of that.

Ever think that just maybe our universe it a mere speck of dust in a larger one? shocked

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by justin10mm
Originally Posted by ironbender
These threads are never not fun!

The fact that in today's world there are still people that honestly think the earth is only 6000 years old is distressing to say the least.

This is not a fair characterization at all. It's not that the world is only 6000 years old, it's that the world has only been round for 6000 years. Before that it was flat. Anybody with an 8th grade education knows this...

LMAO!!! laugh laugh

wink

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ro1459,

I am simple minded when it comes to this discussion. I simply look at the growth of humans in the womb from egg to birth. That is clearly an evolving process. I believe God created all life, but question if he created it to remain as first introduced. Could he just as easily have created us to evolve on Earth, as in the womb, to become what we are today.

You are conflating the word "evolution" in this paragraph. In your first use I agree completely with the word because it is merely change according to a program. The other use is molecules to man which is not supported by observation.

In my mind, both evolution and creation are in conjunction with each other and both support the others point of view. And, I thank God every day for this wonderful gift.

You say this because you don't take God at His Word. You want to elevate man's opinion above God's Word because you've heard evolution since cartoons. Once I had a conversation with a college educated friend. I asked, "Are you an evolutionist or a creationist?" He said, "I haven't given it any thought." "Then you are an evolutionist," I continued, "because believing in creation requires thought to over come all the brainwashing from years of evolutionary indoctrination."

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman
ro1459,

I am simple minded when it comes to this discussion. I simply look at the growth of humans in the womb from egg to birth. That is clearly an evolving process. I believe God created all life, but question if he created it to remain as first introduced. Could he just as easily have created us to evolve on Earth, as in the womb, to become what we are today.

You are conflating the word "evolution" in this paragraph. In your first use I agree completely with the word because it is merely change according to a program. The other use is molecules to man which is not supported by observation.

In my mind, both evolution and creation are in conjunction with each other and both support the others point of view. And, I thank God every day for this wonderful gift.

You say this because you don't take God at His Word. You want to elevate man's opinion above God's Word because you've heard evolution since cartoons. Once I had a conversation with a college educated friend. I asked, "Are you an evolutionist or a creationist?" He said, "I haven't given it any thought." "Then you are an evolutionist," I continued, "because believing in creation requires thought to over come all the brainwashing from years of evolutionary indoctrination."

As opposed to your religious indoctrination...

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I agree that people often do choose their own form of indoctrination...

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Ok, I hear people all the time say Christians are wrong when we tell how it began. The evolutionists pick it apart, we defend it but I have NEVER heard an evolutionist tell anyone exactly how it happened. Tell me , and I will pick it apart to no end. Carry on , now it's our turn. Oh, and start from the beginning , and not some long brain dead a hole atheist that out argued a creationist. . I want evidence and proof. If you have no evidence and proof , it is indeed a theory, but it is portrayed as PROOF in the public schools, by the same liberals that believe we came form apes, a star blew up , or some dumb assz idea from some dumb asszz that will no doubt vote for Bernie or Hillary and believe we should give up our guns. Now, start from the beginning on how it all started and I will pick it apart to no end.

Last edited by ihookem; 02/12/16.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
luv2safari,

As opposed to your religious indoctrination...

You don't get it. Because I did so much reading I discovered all evolutionary positions are refuted by another evolutionist. It took a lot of reading to conclude there is an Infinite Intelligent Energy. After a few years the faith I had in evolution came to rest on the God of the Bible. I was "indoctrinated", not from the schools like my good buddy, but rather by my own research.

That's why I occasionally challenge evolutionists to come up with a Ph.D creationist physical scientist (not a theologian or philosopher) who became an evolutionist and I will come up with a hundred Ph.D evolutionists who became creationist from the field research and laboratory work.

Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I think God is just the best scientist ever. He created us and let us evolve.

The evolution from monkeys is a bunch of crap! Unless your from Ferguson, MO and the like...

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (10gaugemag, 300_savage, 6MMWASP, 44automag, 5sdad, 10 invisible), 2,130 guests, and 764 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,174
Posts18,465,401
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.