Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
My daughter came home today and I asked her what she did at school. She was telling me about science, and how they're learning about Evoloution. I asked her if she believes in eveoloition and she said "no God did it."

She said her teacher also said "I don't believe in this but I have to teach it to you anyway."

I'll be dipped...

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
She can teach it but others have the right to their opinion. All students have a right to disagree. My two kids flat out said they did not believe it. They were bold enough to surprise the teachers. Admitting creation can not be "proven " but neither can evolution so , both are indeed theories. The is no way to prove neither. Creationists have simple theory. It is so vast and mysterious that only God could have created it. Evolutionists have a problem. They change their theories about every decade. The more one changes their theory the more the theory has suspicion.

Last edited by ihookem; 02/10/16.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The scientific evidence supporting evolution is overwhelming and logically consistent. The men who wrote the bible may have been inspired by God, but had no understanding of science or the scientific method and attempted to answer the mystery of the origins of life. We should understand that they did their best at this problem, but we know better.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...Search/true/Evolution_Proof?#Post8255381

Last edited by ConradCA; 02/10/16.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by ConradCA
The scientific evidence supporting evolution is overwhelming and logically consistent. The men who wrote the bible may have been inspired by God, but had no understanding of science or the scientific method and attempted to answer the mystery of the origins of life. We should understand that they did their best at this problem, but we know better.

You're entitled to your opinion just like everyone else, but that doesn't make you any righter.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I am simple minded when it comes to this discussion. I simply look at the growth of humans in the womb from egg to birth. That is clearly an evolving process. I believe God created all life, but question if he created it to remain as first introduced. Could he just as easily have created us to evolve on Earth, as in the womb, to become what we are today. In my mind, both evolution and creation are in conjunction with each other and both support the others point of view. And, I thank God every day for this wonderful gift.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
No scientist has ever claimed the the "theory" of evolution had ever been proven. It is one of many theories that are always taught as a theory. Nothing at all wrong with that, but some Christians get their undies all tied up in knots when the subject is brought up.

For the record I'm a Christian and believe God created the universe and man. I also know that God chose not to provide all of the details of how he created everything in the bible, it is only a rough draft.

I don't believe there is any conflict between the bible and science. Science will someday be able to explain all of the wonders of the bible. God did after all create the science and many of his wonders can now be explained by science. Just because we can't explain creation now only confirms that God is smarter than we are. When he wants up to know the details they will be revealed to us.

When Christians get all up in arms thinking that someone is challenging the bible when the theory of evolution is brought up shows a lack of faith in God to me. There is no doubt that evolution exists in some from. I just have to trust in God and believe he did in fact create everything. I don't sweat the details of exactly how he went about it.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
jMR40. The last half of your closing paragraph is a good answer.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I agree with the others who said you're entitled to your opinion, even if it is a bunch of stupid horse [bleep].

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JMR40
No scientist has ever claimed the the "theory" of evolution had ever been proven. It is one of many theories that are always taught as a theory. Nothing at all wrong with that, but some Christians get their undies all tied up in knots when the subject is brought up.

For the record I'm a Christian and believe God created the universe and man. I also know that God chose not to provide all of the details of how he created everything in the bible, it is only a rough draft.

I don't believe there is any conflict between the bible and science. Science will someday be able to explain all of the wonders of the bible. God did after all create the science and many of his wonders can now be explained by science. Just because we can't explain creation now only confirms that God is smarter than we are. When he wants up to know the details they will be revealed to us.

When Christians get all up in arms thinking that someone is challenging the bible when the theory of evolution is brought up shows a lack of faith in God to me. There is no doubt that evolution exists in some from. I just have to trust in God and believe he did in fact create everything. I don't sweat the details of exactly how he went about it.

Good post.

NRA Patron Member
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by ro1459
I am simple minded when it comes to this discussion. I simply look at the growth of humans in the womb from egg to birth. That is clearly an evolving process. I believe God created all life, but question if he created it to remain as first introduced. Could he just as easily have created us to evolve on Earth, as in the womb, to become what we are today. In my mind, both evolution and creation are in conjunction with each other and both support the others point of view. And, I thank God every day for this wonderful gift.

The process of growing in the womb has nothing to do with evolution proper. You clearly must misunderstand what "evolution" entails as an explanatory philosophy of origins.

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
So if we evolved from apes, of which there are millions of today, and millions of humans today...what happened to the supposed ones in between?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

I agree with the others who said you're entitled to your opinion, even if it is a bunch of stupid horse [bleep].

Please prove this.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
its a lot easier to hold proof of evolution in your hand then it is to prove anything the bible says.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by srwshooter
its a lot easier to hold proof of evolution in your hand then it is to prove anything the bible says.

Perzactly!

pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The scientific evidence supporting evolution is overwhelming and logically consistent. The men who wrote the bible may have been inspired by God, but had no understanding of science or the scientific method and attempted to answer the mystery of the origins of life. We should understand that they did their best at this problem, but we know better...

This. And they were trying to "explain" this to uneducated and superstitious people.

Scientific theory and faith in God can coexist. Unless one has his head up his azz.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by tzone
My daughter came home today and I asked her what she did at school. She was telling me about science, and how they're learning about Evoloution. I asked her if she believes in eveoloition and she said "no God did it."

She said her teacher also said "I don't believe in this but I have to teach it to you anyway."

I'll be dipped...

AMazing isn't it. Although lately I'm starting to believe we may have had both the way some races act...

Kudo's on you for raising your daughter very well!

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by JMR40
No scientist has ever claimed the the "theory" of evolution had ever been proven.

We see evolution in progress all the time...politicians are very adept at it...

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
My hope certainly isn't in evolution.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ihookem
Evolutionists have a problem. They change their theories about every decade. The more one changes their theory the more the theory has suspicion.

Changing the theory is a result of discovering new evidence that may or may not contradict the old theory. Nothing is static, especially what there is left to learn. We learn new things everyday even in the modern world.

We once thought the earth was flat. Discovery of evidence to the contrary cause the flat earthers to change their theory.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

726 members (1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 160user, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 163dm, 72 invisible), 3,099 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,582
Posts18,454,200
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.