In flight missile maintenance!

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by teal
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
love what I do but it ain't for everybody

has its downsides though, being surrounded by hot 20 something chicks is no place for the faint of heart.

Own a hair salon?

used to, now a school for such

my wife runs the salon part, she just got back from New Orleans to receive her award from our main trade rag. They got selected as one of the top 200 salons in the nation.

pretty good going considering our lil burgh is at the end of the road

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by pal
Been a self employed boat builder for most of my 72 years. Before that a career in design engineering. Ran a Northwest diesel shovel in my teens.

I changed my mind. I want to do this. smile

kwg

k--thanks. smile

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have associated with cows and horses for all my 70 years, except for 3 years in the army and 10 months driving a damn dump truck. Raised on a cow ranch in northern Cal, went a cowboy college( Cal Poly) graduated from the U S Army. Got drunk, got married, shod horses to pay the bills. The bank and I owned a couple hundred cows. Shod horses to support wife, kids and cows. Got divorced and had to sell cows lol. Learned to build custom saddles and ran cows for other folks. It has been a great life. Ed

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Space shuttle door gunner... Job is long gone no more space shuttles😭

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Professional fish squeezer. In the field 15-20 days a month at times. Hike and camp a lot. The fresh air and scenery get old at times smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't have a job. I have a business. When my mother asks me what I do I tell her I run around waving my arms in the air.......

Let's see, today I reconciled accounts, harassed a customer for money, drove truck, made three sales calls, fed the fish, arranged for a drug test for the new driver, unloaded the feed from the trailer, designed the plumbing on our new tank, negotiated a sale with one customer, discussed holding facilities requirements with another, reviewed scientific papers for our breeding program with our operations manager, then drove the semi and trailer to the shop for a new ECM and come minor repairs. And made dinner.

I'll bet tomorrow's going to be just as boring.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Weatherman, lie and get paid for it.

And suffer no penalty ..................

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Dutch
I don't have a job. I have a business. When my mother asks me what I do I tell her I run around waving my arms in the air.......

Let's see, today I reconciled accounts, harassed a customer for money, drove truck, made three sales calls, fed the fish, arranged for a drug test for the new driver, unloaded the feed from the trailer, designed the plumbing on our new tank, negotiated a sale with one customer, discussed holding facilities requirements with another, reviewed scientific papers for our breeding program with our operations manager, then drove the semi and trailer to the shop for a new ECM and come minor repairs. And made dinner.

I'll bet tomorrow's going to be just as boring.

You watching too much breaking bad??? whistle

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Dan_Chamberlain
Home health nurse. But it's not that cool.

But damn necessary and damn tough. A high school bud has had a very satisfying career doing the same.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A friend of mine that passed away a few years ago had a pretty good gig. For about 20 years, from about 1965 until 1985 he owned a successful strip club in San Francisco.

Besides making a pretty decent living, money-wise, he said that hardly a single day went by that he didn't have some pretty young thing knocking on his office door, begging to take off her clothes and apply for a job by demonstrating her dancing talents and showing off her assets right there in his private office. I suspect that some of the interviews got rather in-depth.

Surprisingly, some of these girls were accompanied by boyfriends or husbands, urging them on. Apparently the guys couldn't wait to brag to the world that their girl was hot enough to be a paid stripper.

He laughed when he told me that the guys that most wanted their girl to get the job brought in the least attractive or overweight girls and he could tell that it was almost all the guys idea. I guess they thought that it would validate their taste in feminine beauty and stroke their egos if other guys would drool over their girl and stuff dollar bills into her g-string.

He said he would politely tell the plain and ugly ones that he didn't have any openings so as not to hurt their feelings. He said he had no trouble being very picky and hiring only very hot girls because he had a continuous flow of well qualified applicants. That helped make his club quite successful.

He eventually sold the club and retired and moved to the Lake Shasta area where he spent most of the summers on his big houseboat, and competing as a senior water-skier.

He said that he enjoyed his business career and never got tired of the view, or of being around beautiful girls that appreciated their job and the relatively clean and safe environment he took pride in providing. As he said, with a smile, "It was a tough job, but somebody was going to do it, so it might as well be me."

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I find and kill king salmon for a living. Both commercial and guiding. It's all I do to pay the bills anymore.. Substitute teach a lot at the elementary/middle school in the winter to keep from driving my wife insane. I worked my way up to being one of the most sought after subs. The $85 a day they pay is kinda embarrassing considering fishing money, but it's more to get out of the house than anything else.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Calvin
I find and kill king salmon for a living. Both commercial and guiding. It's all I do to pay the bills anymore.. Substitute teach a lot at the elementary/middle school in the winter to keep from driving my wife insane. I worked my way up to being one of the most sought after subs. The $85 a day they pay is kinda embarrassing considering fishing money, but it's more to get out of the house than anything else.

Cal,

Have you thought of guiding and outfitting Brown Bear hunts there?

Total ripoff business with HUGE dividends and NO liabilities or responsibilities. The State requires your services as a BB guide for non-residents. Why not join the rest of America's business model?

Another thought..........open a sobriety clinic in Tenakee Springs and/or Hoonah. Rich-a-mundo.

Last edited by Hombre; 02/11/16.

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by teal
love what I do but it ain't for everybody

has its downsides though, being surrounded by hot 20 something chicks is no place for the faint of heart.

Own a hair salon?

used to, now a school for such

my wife runs the salon part, she just got back from New Orleans to receive her award from our main trade rag. They got selected as one of the top 200 salons in the nation.

pretty good going considering our lil burgh is at the end of the road

That's not true. That road runs clear up to Fox! wink

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
This cool enough?

[Linked Image]RickMulhernSprayingCotton2005 by Rick Mulhern, on Flickr

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've been doing fire protection engineering for over 18 years now. Has been a good gig, got to do some travel and have learned a lot.

Through a combination of events in the past couple months that's turned into starting my own consulting firm, becoming a adjunct professor and working part time for a friends engineering firm.

Having a strictly desk job drives me nuts and I wasn't getting enough field time to stay sane. The new gigs seem to have enough balls in the air to keep me engaged.

There are a lot of things I've done as hobbies I'd hate as a profession.

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I always thought being a bra fitter at Victoria's Secrets might be a pretty fun job.

This, of course, brings up the case of the "diesel fitter".

Damn!

Because of the time difference over the Atlantic, 5sdad beats me to it this time!

Great minds think alike...

John

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
gynecologist to the stars

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Fishing charter captain

[Linked Image]

You have to love it Chartering is hard work

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Ice manufacturer would be cool.

Last edited by poboy; 02/11/16.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1234, 10Glocks, 1lesfox, 1eyedmule, 61 invisible), 2,567 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,562
Posts18,453,715
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.