Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
79inpa Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I've been driving truck for the last few years. I'm getting sick of sitting and delivering product. I'm looking for a job that doesn't require a ton of sitting, lifting, or require extra long hours....HAHA anyone have any recommendations for me? I'm not opposed to going to school for a few years to get where I need to be.

GB1

21 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Brain surgeon comes to mind, pays well I assume. From the brains I'm around daily out in the world, heavy lifting wouldn't be required.

"Never force anything, just get a bigger hammer".
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Machinist
RN

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Weatherman, lie and get paid for it.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Hooters Server

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

IC B2

U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
I kinda like my job most days - yesterday I did 4 surgeries in front of a 9th grade biology class on a field trip to the clinic, including one on a prairie falcon smile

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
hmm - I'm on the other end of your job. I find carriers to haul freight for my client.

My client makes condoms (amongst other things) but being able to say "I shipped 40,000 lbs worth of rubbers today" is kinda cool.

I guess you could say I cover loads - twice.

Me

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
You ship loads and catch loads?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Information Technology "Help Desk".

Not much sitting and plenty of interesting folks to meet.... over and over and OVER.

AND.... there isn't any real expectation of a fix for the difficult things, just take the computer and replace it with a look-alike.

P. S. Free food too... if you don't mind shaking it out from the inside of a keyboard first.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
There was a time I told people that I worked in the AIDS lab and I'd keep an eye out for their name on a specimen.

We also did rabies evaluations which entailed necropsies on critter heads - everything from mice to cats and dogs, wolves, coyotes, and all three flavors of bears.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DaveKing
Information Technology "Help Desk".

Not much sitting and plenty of interesting folks to meet.... over and over and OVER.

AND.... there isn't any real expectation of a fix for the difficult things, just take the computer and replace it with a look-alike.

P. S. Free food too... if you don't mind shaking it out from the inside of a keyboard first.

I thought "Turn it off and back on" was the only way to do that job?

Me

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
If I had to do it again, based on my interests more so than economics, I'd look hard at machinist. I guess in certain areas of the country you can make a decent living at it. But having access to a lathe and being able to create items for your own hobbies would be fun.

"Honey, when I die, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jmo1754
You ship loads and catch loads?

I can also say I've shipped truck loads of KY Jelly and KY brand materials.

Trying to get them to send me some samples of the beads and a sling shot to get in trouble with around the office.

Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Weatherman, lie and get paid for it.

Same qualifications for politician. whistle

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Work in prudhoe bay, some pretty cool jobs in the winter. grin

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 79inpa
I've been driving truck for the last few years. I'm getting sick of sitting and delivering product. I'm looking for a job that doesn't require a ton of sitting, lifting, or require extra long hours....HAHA anyone have any recommendations for me? I'm not opposed to going to school for a few years to get where I need to be.

Piano player in a whorehouse, girls downstairs, pot grow upstairs? grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Fishing charter captain

[Linked Image]

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I just left a job I hated for a job I love. I was a electrician for a company that did mainly commercial wireing. I am now in maintenance. The only time I get pissed during the day is when I'm doing something electrical. I have done plumbing, electrical, flooring, hung drywall you name it but I was in the electrical trade for 20 years and it's by far the most aggravating. I do a lot of fabrication now and really like it. I even get the chance to weld on occasion now. I don't,do a lot of lifting but a little.

Hope you find something you will enjoy, your quality of life increases 100 fold when you don't wake up every morning wishing someone would shoot you. It was like f'n groundhog day!

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Fishing charter captain

[Linked Image]

You, sir, are a very blessed man... laugh

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I have finally landed the best job I have had in 40 years. Today I handloaded for a 44 Mag sixgun, a 375 H&H and an 8x57. Then I hung a cabinet in the garage to get my powder storage out of the house. I just sat down with a drink after canning a couple of jars of garlic/habanero pickles.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

375 members (160user, 222ND, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 34 invisible), 1,659 guests, and 1,053 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,226
Posts18,447,692
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.