Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Those of us who are not enamored with Mr.Trump have been trying to understand why his fans are, for months. We have been confounded by the fact that his past is of no consequence and that his refusal to commit to any agenda other than "Make America Great Again" is enough for so many to carry his torch. It has been said by many that the reason they like him is that he is too wealthy to be corrupted, but that just didn't make much sense. Corrupted from what? Being a democrat? A rival campaign blamed it on "celebrity", and I bought into that for a while, but who watched his game show? If they did, who liked his character?

I've figured it out. The reason a Trump fan can't be convinced that he is a bad man is because they know he is a bad man. That's what they like about him. He is condescending, rude, and mean and they are hoping to project their own anger through him.

Everything else be damned.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
GB1

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Maybe so, Pat. Maybe so.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Could be that some people are so sick and tired of the GOP giving us RINO after RINO that we'll take anyone that offers a break from the status quo, even if that anyone is a brash egomaniac.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Sounds eerily similar to hope and change. A cute little motto, with no substance. It's amazing to watch mature, intelligent, grown men fall head-over-heals in love with the 21st century version of PT Barnum. laugh

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
+ Yup !
Just a boorish richbich saying out loud what the sentiment of many people is re muslims, illegal immigration...the border. If a regular guy was to say any of this out loud, he'd be jeopardizing his job.
Cruz has said all of these things ...but...with CLASS

And that's the difference between a "populist" and a "leader"!

You can tell a lot about a man by who his friends are!

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Trump appears to be occupying a rather large space in your brain.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I can't speak for anyone but myself.

But let me explain my position best I can Pat. Based on platform alone, I'm a Cruz man. Have been from the jump. Could get firmly behind Carson as well.

But there is more to it than that. Could I have been sold a line of schit? maybe. Could I have been duped? Time will tell. But I like the fact he's a dick. We've had too many puzzies in the oval office. I don't like the idea of a boor, or crass peckerhead representing my country. But that being said, there are a couple things that have made me SOLIDLY pro Trump.

1. He's the only one driving the illegal alien debate. Only one that hasn't crawfished on it. Only one standing strong saying get the phugg out. Even under heavy criticism. And the wall.

2. In the most recent debate I saw he was asked about waterboarding. He said he'd do a lot worse. grin

3. He is not owned by billionaire donors or sponsors or special interests.

There is no perfect candidate. They don't exist. Personally, I'm actually energized by this race. It's the first one I've followed I can actually get behind a candidate and argue on their behalf without reservation. And more curiouser, there are more than 1 candidate I'd be happy to vote for.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I believe you may be onto something pat. Anger at politicians who better to represent that anger than an azz hole

And I get it. I'm damned sick of all the niceties between those in congress calling each other honorable when they're anything but.

I don't condone it but I get it

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
The "everything else be damned" has been about four election cycles too late...

Seems like lawyers and wanna be lawyers and judges have [bleep] up what's left left of the republic, so if some want to hire something else Im really not going to question motives at this point...other than the wanting to hire more of the "precendent BS/ living breathing document' community...

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Intuitively I'm a Cruz guy.

But as one Boston radio talk show host said the other day..."I like a guy who walks into the room and kicks the table over".

That's Trump.

I think Trump supporters (of a conservative bent) recognize he is not the ideal conservative candidate. But I think they are also shell shocked from being lied to by the Republican Party during the last eight years,and so, are gravitating to the nuclear option.

Angry? You bet. But what's funny is that Trump won NH in every single demographic group that they polled in exit polling...think about that.

Young, old, low, middle and upper income. College educated,high school educated,blue collar, white collar workers....even on ethnic and gender,he beat them all in every single category.

People want a change and they don't want a poised politician. They want hard nosed guy who will kick the table over.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He acts stupid, and lots say "See, he's one of us".

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Trump is probably unethical. He started with cash and is not a selfmade man. He is mean. However we are in mean times. In other times, a nice guy like Rubio or Kasich would be fine. Trump goes down to his work site and gets his political advice from his construction workers. Its not educated but it isn't meant to be.

There are 1.3 Billion members of the Islamic faith roughly 400 million could be consider radical islamists and all of these want a Islamic Caliphate and Sharia law. They want an end to Israel and to the United States. Look around you. People are not tough like they were during WW2. They play candy crush on their cell phones. You should see how many backpackers punch out for rescue when they bruise their toes or get scared by bears. Inside, we are a tough and mean people. Lets face it Cruz is a very Christian guy but is he mean enough to take out the rug muncher and slick willy.

Cruz has been tough in court. But he has lost cases. In the Senate, he has held tighter rein than Rubio but was washed over by others.
Trump is the pitbull. He is beholden to no one and if those folks, or the Chinese or the European Union decides to unload upon us we will have the meanest bugger on our side.

Just my view of Course. I like Cruz second best and I hate the fact that I can't send Trump talking points like in SC he should get down to the FN Winchester Plant and Columbia, SC and ask why they manufacture the barrels, actions and stocks there but assemble them in Portugal and ship them back.

Have a great night...all!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I've figured it out. The reason a Trump fan can't be convinced that he is a bad man is because they know he is a bad man. That's what they like about him. He is condescending, rude, and mean and they are hoping to project their own anger through him.

That explains a LOT of his followers, but not all. Steelhead? Sure. Bob? No.. that one I don't get.

I think you can split them into 2 groups. One that want somebody to take revenge on the other side. Not make things better, just make them suffer. That's the group you're talking about.

On the other hand, you have others that think a man who made himself richer is going to wave a magic wand and transform the federal gov't so that everybody can have a business that makes them richer. Just like 99.99% of soldiers would make lousy generals, they don't realize that many of the qualities that make a man wildly successful in business is also going to 99.99% of the time make him an absolute trainwreck as a commander in chief.

Revenge and reward.. be a fitting motto for Trump's campaign.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Those of us who are not enamored with Mr.Trump have been trying to understand why his fans are, for months. We have been confounded by the fact that his past is of no consequence and that his refusal to commit to any agenda other than "Make America Great Again" is enough for so many to carry his torch. It has been said by many that the reason they like him is that he is too wealthy to be corrupted, but that just didn't make much sense. Corrupted from what? Being a democrat? A rival campaign blamed it on "celebrity", and I bought into that for a while, but who watched his game show? If they did, who liked his character?

I'll vote for either Cruz or Trump if they are the man. I ain't going to overthink it. I said immediately that I kinda liked it when he lied to the MSM about the Megan Kelly/Period thing. The MSM lies to us ALL THE TIME. They are not interested in the truth. The truth does not abide in them. I had to snicker when they usually can just back somebody up and tear them down over something that everybody used to be able to say but now cannot because of PC. Trump just casually lied to their faces and then, "next question". I'm not a liar and I don't like lies, but I thought this was funny as hell.

Recently Trump either said or mouthed "Go [bleep] yourself," pertaining to companies took their operations elsewhere and abandoned American workers. Trump basically said he'd make them want to come back here and then in essence tell them we didn't need them. I try not to curse in front of kids, old folks or in Church, etc. I don't condone it. But I certainly liked the sentiment and liked the fact that somebody had enough passion about standing up for Americans that they'd get that worked up. In these obvious end times, I can't get too worried about somebody using some salty language. People need to get madder than they are.

I believe in free enterprise and working hard and being able to enjoy the fruits of your labors. But I don't blame all the [bleep] going down on a bunch of poor people who are one step away from being lead to the boxcars and made into soap. I do blame the ultra rich.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Calhoun

That explains a LOT of his followers, but not all. Steelhead? Sure. Bob? No.. that one I don't get.

Bob is a trained professional...an expert at appearing to keep his cool, but you underestimate his passion and emotions.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Calvin
Trump appears to be occupying a rather large space in your brain.

Not Trump. My friends that support him. IMHO, one of the keys to happiness is knowing people and loving them anyway.

I feel pretty stupid that it took me so long to figure this situation out.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Calhoun

Bob is a trained professional...an expert at appearing to keep his cool, but you underestimate his passion and emotions.

And he meets the three descriptors perfectly. He just does it slicker than the rest.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Snyper
He acts stupid, and lots say "See, he's one of us".

They don't say that at all. They say "He doesn't GAF about anybody and those dickheads in Washington deserve to get a dose of their own medicine". These guys aren't stupid. They're angry.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
That and he is a 'can do type' person, and a lead, follow or get the heck out of the way person.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Trump is just more hope and change repackaged as Make America Great....backed by an inexperienced liberal politician(and yup Trump IS a politician) (BTW he's liberal too)

Kind of reminds me of what's going on here...

Pat.....................................................................Bob

[Linked Image]

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 222Sako, 222ND, 10Glocks, 1234, 67 invisible), 2,648 guests, and 1,343 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,669
Posts18,455,992
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.