Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
dassa

Anyone who thinks that electing a single person will change the trajectory of this country is a fool.

You been asleep for the last seven years?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This country has been on its trajectory for a lot longer than seven years.

Obama is merely a symptom of the problem, not the cause.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
How many 69 year old men born, raised and lived their entire life in Queens/Manhattan New York as a liberal Democrat, would you venture all of a sudden after SIXTY SEVEN YEARS changes to a Republican?

Trump IS a Democrat, pulling the wool over peoples eyes. Why you ask? We don't know yet, and hope we never find out. But rest assured there is a reason.

Who do you want appointing 3 or 4 Supreme Court Judges in the next term?

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
The GOP nominee.

If you're that worried about the SC appointments, I'd focus on the Senate rather than the president.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Anjin
Originally Posted by saddlesore
I think he will do at some of the things. Congress swill block others.The most important thing,as Steelhead mentioned is the appointment of 2-4 new Supreme Court Justices.It a Democrat gets in and he/she gets to appoints those justices, the United States as we know today is doomed, if it is not already from the current POTUS .

In my view, based on what I know about him and from those I know who have interacted with him, he is a good man with all the principles and weaknesses that one might expect from a successful businessman, I have myself known and interacted with more than a few of those, and believe me, I have known much, much worse.

I see him as in it to win.

I take him seriously about wanting to clean up many aspects of government that are totally screwed up and he really does have a talent for surrounding himself with talented advisors. You know the points; he has mentioned them often enough. (Economy, national security, military, tax system, health care, etc., etc. )

Thus I do believe that he could accomplish much that we all want and would try hard to get there. I also think that he would get more results than the others.

You are dead-on that the biggest single issue is cleaning up the Supreme Court. I have personally known and spent time with the two good ones and to a slight degree back in law school with Ruth Ginsberg whom I do not favor. Some scholars and pols may say that Constitutional principles permit flexibility and change to honor developments in mores and values. I know all about that, but in many respects that argument has gone way too far. Trump would strike a good balance in getting candidates who respect the original principles.

Now, he may not succeed. There are other decent ones. If he does, though, I'd love to see Cruz on the Supreme Court to face up against Roberts.

He wouldn't accomplish SQUAT!

Congress, full of career politicians, won't allow it. Besides, he's a liberal; open your eyes.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Ringman
dassa

Anyone who thinks that electing a single person will change the trajectory of this country is a fool.

You been asleep for the last seven years?

I've been awake a lot longer than that. Obama didn't invent deficit spending. He didn't create over reaching government regulation. He didn't create dependence on government largesse. He just accelerated the downhill spiral. The trajectory is set; it's only a matter of time til we crash and burn. It will take a lot more people getting elected than one to turn it around, and too many voters are too dependent on government to ever elect enough people to change that downward trajectory.

Yaaawnnnn, I'm tired.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

487 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 160user, 56 invisible), 2,923 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,276
Posts18,467,549
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.