Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
NC sheriff puts 'In God We Trust' decals on patrol cars thanks to local church

Published February 12, 2016
FoxNews.com

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/02/1...thanks-to-local-church.html?intcmp=hpbt2

A North Carolina sheriff’s department began placing large “In God We Trust” decals on its patrol cars this month in a project officials are quick to say won't cost taxpayers a dime.

The phrase is being added to marked vehicles used by the Rutherford Sheriff Department and with the Fairview Baptist Church in Golden Valley picking up the $400 tab, it could head off complaints from atheists that the decals amount to illegal government support of religion.

“We’re not doing to this to thumb in the eye anyone. We’re trying to do this for unity’s sake."

- Rev. David Ledford

“We looked at it as an opportunity to show our patriotism,” Sheriff Chris Francis told Fox Carolina. “I want to make sure that my deputy sheriffs know what ‘In God We Trust' means and how blessed we are to be citizens in America, to live in western North Carolina and to be able to support our nation’s motto.”

Wisconsin-based atheist group Freedom From Religion Foundation has clashed with dozens of police departments around the country over similar stickers.

"FFRF reminds the agencies that citizens trust law enforcement officers to attend to their secular duties, not spend taxpayer time placing religious messages on patrol cars to the exclusion of the 23 percent of Americans who are not religious," reads a letter the foundation sent to departments, including Rutherford.

Foundation Co-President Annie Laurie Gaylor concludes the letters asking the departments to remove "In God We Trust" from their vehicles to "respect the rights of conscience of all citizens, including those who in good conscience reject belief in a god."

But Rutherford officials believe the church paying for the stickers removes any reasonable objection. The church funding will pay for decals on the department’s fleet of 50 marked vehicles and any additions or replacements.

Francis said he expects the decals to draw positive feedback fron many but acknowledged that not everyone will be happy.

Nevertheless, he said he hopes other sheriffs will follow suit.

“I wish that more localities would show their patriotism, show what they believe in,” he said. “I think our nation would be in a different place if they would.”

Fairview pastor the Rev. David Ledford told FoxNews.com he has been surprised at the reaction, including some criticism on social media.

“We’re not doing to this to thumb in the eye anyone,” the pastor said. “We’re trying to do this for unity’s sake.

“The way we look at it, if somebody is against it, well they carry money in their billfold that says ‘In God We Trust’ on it,'" he said. "Its’ contrary to say we can’t put something like that on government building or a government vehicle.”

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Good luck to the good sheriff, but the easily butt hurt will not give up their incorrect interpretation of the 1st Amendment without a fight.

I'm always ready for good 1A fight. grin

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You want to talk about twisted panties....just wait until Flint Michigan patrol cars are rollin' around with alla akubar or some other durkastan bullchit.

You'll need pliers to untwist those panties!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I was fully expecting this to be about some hot perp complaining about a thong wedgie caused by the back seat of some new model patrol car.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What happens when BLM wants to buy signs and advertise on city/County vehicles?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Change it to, "In imaginary deities we trust" and I'm all-in.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

Jeff Zero rides again.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Put a Tooth Fairy and/FSM reference on there, and I'll pay for the suckers myself! Two per car! Door signs! Magnets! Uniform patches!

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jeff_O,

You're not familiar with our National Matto?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
But Jeff ( Feel the Bern) O is not anti-gun anymore guys. whistle He's changed

Ha ha I crack myself up laugh

IC B3

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I love it and I hope the Sheriffs in other N.C. counties follow suit. The message reflects those that live in Rutherford County.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
All Missouri Sheriff's recently voted to do the same. My county has recently began adding the motto to their marked units. People here are loving it.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ribka

Not a "Bern" supporter and I'm at least as pro-gun as anyone on this forum.

I am, however, anti-State-promulgated religion. Particularly in the case of LEO's and the Courts. But you aren't! So you guys should have no problem with my proposal to PLASTER cop cars with all manner of religious hoodoo bullshit, right? Let's get this party STARTED!

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
For all of you cheering this remember it when they put Allah Akbar on you dollars. Complete separation protects all of us. I personally believe the States should not give out marriage licenses either. Only civil union licenses and if you want to get married then go to a church and do so and it will be recognized by God and your church and keep the State out of religion period.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dave, that's crazy talk.

The more we mix religion and State, the better.

This would be a better country, if we all were compelled to be Christians by whatever means necessary. I think, some sort of permanent mark on the body should be required to show compliance- say, a tattoo. There should be panels of religious experts that screen everyone for proper levels of "religiousity" before a citizen is allowed to own property, vote, get a mortgage, driver's license, bank account, a freaking Safeway card, etc. Anyone out of compliance- ungodly sons of bitches that they are- should be relegated to a third-world, fringe existence. Or just shot.

In this way we will insure that our citizenry is morally upright and sin-free.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Maybe Jeff_O needs to look at the money in his wallet. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jeff_O,

I am, however, anti-State-promulgated religion. Particularly in the case of LEO's and the Courts. But you aren't! So you guys should have no problem with my proposal to PLASTER cop cars with all manner of religious hoodoo bullshit, right? Let's get this party STARTED!

Still don't get the National Motto do you. Which religion is the motto suggesting?

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jeff_O,

Maybe you should read some of the founder's letters and documents. They were not saying a separation of God out of the government. If the opposite was true you would not have loads of Bible verse carved and painted on the walls in DC. The idea was there would me no national religion.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by ribka

Not a "Bern" supporter and I'm at least as pro-gun as anyone on this forum.

You lying POS!

Voting for O and pro-gun are not exactly the same! Kagan and Sotomayor, both young enough to haunt the pro-gun world for decades, and you are pro-gun???

Unfugging real! You should go smack your head again!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (007FJ, 270winchester, 22250rem, 12344mag, 270wsmnutt, 3040Krag, 49 invisible), 2,202 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,239
Posts18,466,760
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.