Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O

pin the tag on this donkey

Phoney, Sleazey and a Narcissist

Donald Trump Isn’t the Biggest Narcissist in the GOP Field. Ted Cruz Is.

I know a televangelist candidate when I see one.
By CURT ANDERSON December 23, 2015
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
To hear the pundits and experts in Washington tell it, the problem with Ted Cruz is that he doesn’t play well with others in the Senate, he’s too hardheaded and he doesn’t compromise. In other words, he’s exactly what the Republican primary voters want.
On this score, I side with the Republican primary voters. If Cruz’s problem is that he is a conservative who has no regard for senatorial decorum and fights too hard for the right things, I’m all in.
Story Continued Below
But there is a far bigger problem with Cruz: Donald Trump is not the most self-absorbed Republican running for president—Cruz is. Whether you like Trump or not (and I don’t), at least Trump makes no effort to hide his narcissism. In that sense, Trump is oddly genuine.
Cruz, on the other hand, takes great pains to be whatever he thinks you want him to be. And the troubling thing is he’s really good at it.
Occasionally, he offers a glimpse of his vanity and his need to be loved—such as the hilariously painful 15 hours of B-roll footage his campaign put on the Web for use by his super PACs. My favorite part of that footage is the multiple times he and his family practiced the prayer scene before a meal … once more, with feeling. There is nothing quite as genuine and humble as a rehearsed, made-for-TV prayer.
The other revealing scene is when Cruz is sitting on the couch with his mom and he says, “Not a day goes by that my mom is not lifting me up in prayer.” Then mom agrees saying, “It’s true.” But then, Cruz can’t help himself and he adds, “for hours at a time,” after which mom can’t take it anymore and very tellingly gives us a roll of the eyes that says it all.
My dad was a preacher for 40 years—a great one I might add. He gave me some sage advice: “Never trust a preacher who wears makeup.” There it is. Cruz is the televangelist candidate. (To be clear, not all televangelists are phony, just most of ’em.)
There is no denying that Cruz is a smart and gifted orator. But if you listen closely you will find that he sells everything with the exact same level of zeal. Whether he is condemning the Islamic State or ordering a ham sandwich, the invective is identical. When a speaker oversells everything, it calls everything he says into question, and it begs questions regarding authenticity and genuineness.
And when it comes down to it, Cruz does not stand by all that he so dramatically defends. For example, he proclaims he’s always faithful to the most conservative positions. Yet he found himself in 2013, when the political winds on immigration seemed to be blowing toward a softer approach, including legalization, earnestly advocating for a pathway to legal status for illegal immigrants already in the country.
Similarly, just this week a recording from a private fundraiser in Manhattan reveals Cruz assuring gay rights supporters that he won’t really be a pest on gay marriage.
But Cruz will never tell you he made a mistake or changed his mind. We never see an authentic Cruz because we never see a vulnerable Cruz. He’s perfect—just ask him. He’s pure—just ask him.
Cruz’s view of himself was on full display in the CNBC debate in Colorado in October. All candidates were asked to show some vulnerability by sharing a few thoughts on their biggest weakness. Cruz answered first with a joke by saying, “I’m too agreeable, easygoing.” The crowd chuckled. So far, so good. But then Cruz got down to business, telling the watching nation about his biggest weakness—“You know, I think my biggest weakness is exactly the opposite. I’m a fighter. I am passionate about what I believe. I’ve been passionate my whole life about the Constitution.” There you have it. His biggest weakness is that he is wonderful. Oh, and in that 30-word riff, he managed to use the “I” word five times and “my” twice.
In fact, Cruz has failed in every cause he has championed—and it is never his fault. Failure to defund Planned Parenthood, failure to repeal Obamacare, failure to stop the Iran deal—and the list goes on. That is his Senate career. Of course, all conservatives want these battles to be fought, even if we lose. But it’s not really the issue or the cause that Cruz is championing. No, he just wants to be the one leading the cause—and wants you to see him doing it. Cruz is a perpetual martyr.
To be clear, I have many friends across the country who are conservatives, many of whom are evangelical Christians, as am I. Many of them are either supporting or considering supporting Cruz. Will they and other conservative Republicans fall for the Cruz shtick and propel him to the nomination? I hope not, but they might.
Here’s the problem—our country is in real trouble, this is no time for contrivance and theater, we need authenticity and results. We do not need a leader who loves to play the martyr, because the thing about martyrs is that they always die.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/12/ted-cruz-2016-ego-213460#ixzz3zzX9tnNE

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Love the Rehearsed Prayer Scenes and his Batshit crazy wife saying he is the face of God.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I thought you were going to change that avatar. You know your just desensitizing me. Before long, I'm gonna wind up with a bumper sticker with that guy's face on it on my truck.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Why take it down he likes Bernie?

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by kingston
I thought you were going to change that avatar. You know your just desensitizing me. Before long, I'm gonna wind up with a bumper sticker with that guy's face on it on my truck.

Yeah forgot about doing that

IC B2

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
So much for Ricky and his premature over the abyss fail.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Why take it down he likes Bernie?

Yeah genius , I have voted straight republican since Barry Goldwater but you go on .

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by isaac
Crazy likes company. Pretending to be anti-establishment and then quoting a R establishment consultant. If you stand for nothing (Trump), You'll fall for anything (GOP establishment lies).

Carry on, girls.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by RickyD
Crazy likes company.

----------

Heidi's not that bad.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O

I just find it hilarious that his main supporter here, a cop and an otherwise decent guy should have better instincts supports this phoney bible thumping, sleaze bag who is out solely for himself.

SMH

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I love how all the Trump guys just are loving the liberal web sites.

This is from Politico.

Guess that explains why they don't like Cruz. RINO's usually don't.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Written by a Republican. Oh BTW Cruz is unelectable

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
DId I mention that the guy that wrote that article is an Evangelical Christian?

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Don't confuse Calhoun with facts and force him to post some more canned talking points.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh horsechit.

Cruz took a tough question, calmed the guy down, and without bullchitting him explained why his approach was better.

Lots of politicians would have dodged the question - if their handlers would even let the question be asked. And none of them, including Trump, would have given the guy a thoughtful 7 minute answer. Showed genuine respect for the citizen, IMO.

You have to have a thick skin to be a politician. Cruz no doubt has a healthy ego and ambition, but I think he's pursuing the office out of a genuine sense of duty, not because he craves power.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

I just find it hilarious that his main supporter here, a cop and an otherwise decent guy should have better instincts supports this phoney bible thumping, sleaze bag who is out solely for himself.

SMH
Better instincts? Really. lol Coming from a guy who chooses to believe a fat cat lieberal buddy of the Clintons, Obama, and every lieberal cause he can throw money at, who a few months ago says "Hey, I'm running for POTUS as a Republican and I'll build a wall and make Mexico pay for it". And you say, "Daddy!".

Something stinks for sure but it's got nothing to do with instincts.

The only thing it can all really mean, is the world is coming to an end. I'm good with that. Just sucks for my kids.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Do you need help picking out a new picture? Please no Hillary POV shots.

BTW: While I usually eschew writing serious posts in political threads, I posted this in another thread this morning.

"If asked which presidential candidate I trust the least, I would respond "Cruz". He comes across as completely fake."

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Written by a Republican but no respectable conservative or neutral web site would publish it?

Yeppers... keep trolling those liberal web sites for old Republicans who hate Cruz and are terrified of having to run against him.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

RCP Average: Clinton: 47.0 / Trump: 42.3 == Clinton +4.7
RCP Average: Clinton 46.0 / Cruz 45.8 == Cruz +0.2

Pure, unadulterated self-inflicted blindness is what it is..

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
As opposed to ltffoowell, who went to page 88 of Google to find an article that mentioned DT and organized crime 15 years ago?

You Cruzzies dish, but can't take.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

199 members (338reddog, 10gaugemag, 358WCF, 1_deuce, 280shooter, 204guy, 31 invisible), 1,918 guests, and 1,140 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,162
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.