Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Ringman Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The post about the sheriff cars made me think:

If about 10% of the population is atheist, why are the other 90% concerned so they constantly capitulate? I include agnostics in the 90% because if they truly agnostic they couldn't care less.

I also think if the atheist were really atheist they wouldn't care also. They are not really atheists. Atheist should be totally apathetic to what the rest of the people do. They are anti-God-of-the-Bible. When's the last time you heard these atheist bad mouthing the god-of-the-Koran?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
GB1

U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
generally:

atheist = actively anti-religion

agnostic = don't care

I think the former makes a stink because there's actually a separation of church and state written into the constitution and they want to keep it that way

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Go read the Constitution.Court decision made it what it is today.
Originally Posted by UtahLefty
generally:

agnostic = don't care

I think the former makes a stink because there's actually a separation of church and state written into the constitution and they want to keep it that way

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rich, we both know that these things are always a spiritual battle. The God of the Bible vs. The Evil One, and his many minions.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman

If about 10% of the population is atheist, why are the other 90% concerned so they constantly capitulate? I include agnostics in the 90% because if they truly agnostic they couldn't care less.

I also think if the atheist were really atheist they wouldn't care also. They are not really atheists. Atheist should be totally apathetic to what the rest of the people do. They are anti-God-of-the-Bible. When's the last time you heard these atheist bad mouthing the god-of-the-Koran?

Doesn't matter what anyone says; you already have decided your answer to the question before you posted it.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
generally:

agnostic = don't care

Not sure where to find that.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I'd disagree with the definitions offered.

Atheists (it means "without god") simply don't believe in any god or religion. It doesn't necessarily make them militant about it.

Agnostics aren't sure if there's a god. The doesn't mean they don't care if there is or not, just that they can't decide.

One can certainly have militant theists (90% of the world;s problems stem from religions fighting each other) and one can imagine militant atheists. But there can't be a militant agnostic.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Ringman, good to hear we are getting under your skin, other wise you wouldn't want us to shut up.

First Atheist are not monolithic. Atheism address the question of a single proposition, do you accept god claims, or not. Atheism is a question of belief, and agnosticism is a question of knowledge, so technically all agnostics are atheist.

Your idea that atheist should not care is absurd. Beliefs inform actions, and mistaken beliefs cause sub-optimal actions. The idea that I shouldn't care if some Muslim suicide bomber kills my daughter a quest for his 72 virgins dismisses all responsibility of the religious for the effects of their actions on those who do not share their fairy-tale beliefs.

It's not that we are "anti-bible", it's that we are Pro-Truth, and Pro-Reality. The Bible, Koran, Hadiths, and Book of Mormons are nearly equally false. The only real difference is we have contemporary evidence that Joseph Smith actually existed.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Everyday Hunter
generally:

agnostic = don't care

Not sure where to find that.

Steve.

Its in the same section that grants the right to abortions and healthcare.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
UtahLefty,

Line please.

Everyday Hunter
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Atheists are just another activist group seeking their 15 minutes of fame, nothing more, nothing less

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
"Separation of church and state" is a phrase used by Thomas Jefferson and others expressing an understanding of the intent and function of the Establishment Clause and Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States. Either way, the "separation" phrase has since been repeatedly used by the Supreme Court of the United States.

The First Amendment to the United States Constitution provides that and Article VI specifies that "no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States." The modern concept of a wholly secular government is sometimes credited to the writings of English philosopher John Locke, but the phrase "separation of church and state" in this context is generally traced to a January 1, 1802 letter by Thomas Jefferson, addressed to the Danbury Baptist Association in Connecticut, and published in a Massachusetts newspaper.

which,leads to:

the Court ruling in the case of Everson v. Board of Education stated "the clause against establishment of religion by law was intended to erect 'a wall of separation between Church and State.'"

A quarter century later, the case of Lemon v. Kurtzman further defined this separation when it established the Lemon Test to determine if a law violates the establishment clause of the First Amendment. Every ruling since has confirmed that, in the view of the highest court in the land the Constitution created a separation of church and state.

of the 112 SC justices, 92 have been christian, 0 atheist, and all 112 have interpreted viewed this separation to the constitutionally grounded

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Atheists are just another activist group seeking their 15 minutes of fame, nothing more, nothing less

Actually the loss of faith is growing....

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
antelope_sniper,

You posted some fun words. Alas most of it is non sequitur.

Those who are pro Truth accept the reality that nothing can not become something. Those who are pro Truth accept the idea that a cause is greater than its result.

A Muslim attacking others has nothing to do with the original question. But I will go off on your rabbit trail. If I was suddenly king we would go back to the Constitution the way it was meant and then some. I would go beyond Trump and deport Muslims. They are antagonistic to assimilating. The logistics would have to be worked out by the Islamic countries they were dropped off in with a parachute.

Everyday Hunter
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I don't know why so many things bother so many people. Everything is about intent to me. If someone says 'Merry Christmas' they are only wishing someone well, it's not as if they are saying '[bleep] off'

People have too much to worry about. I'm not a religious guy, don't believe in Jesus but none of it bothers me, unless you push me.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
antelope_sniper,

You posted some fun words. Alas most of it is non sequitur.

Those who are pro Truth accept the reality that nothing can not become something. Those who are pro Truth accept the idea that a cause is greater than its result.

A Muslim attacking others has nothing to do with the original question. But I will go off on your rabbit trail. If I was suddenly king we would go back to the Constitution the way it was meant and then some. I would go beyond Trump and deport Muslims. They are antagonistic to assimilating. The logistics would have to be worked out by the Islamic countries they were dropped off in with a parachute.

Once again you are just wrong. The "snowball effect" is an example of a small cause have a great effect. A week artery in the wrong place is a "small cause", but has the "Great effect" of you being dead from an brain aneurysm. A single lantern burning down the city of Chicago is another example of an effect greater then the proximate cause.

As for your second assertion, why should an Atheist not care if someone murders people as a result of their religion?

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
antelope_sniper,

Once again you are just wrong. The "snowball effect" is an example of a small cause have a great effect. A week artery in the wrong place is a "small cause", but has the "Great effect" of you being dead from an brain aneurysm.

The weak artery is a result of a lot more than its local experience. Again a non sequitur.

A single lantern burning down the city of Chicago is another example of an effect greater then the proximate cause.

Again you are forgetting all the greater cause to have the city.

As for your second assertion, why should an Atheist not care if someone murders people as a result of their religion?

I don't remember saying an Atheist should not care about murderers whether they are religious or not.

Everyday Hunter
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
"Separation of church and state" is a phrase used by Thomas Jefferson and others expressing an understanding of the intent and function of the Establishment Clause and Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States. Either way, the "separation" phrase has since been repeatedly used by the Supreme Court of the United States.

The First Amendment to the United States Constitution provides that and Article VI specifies that "no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States." The modern concept of a wholly secular government is sometimes credited to the writings of English philosopher John Locke, but the phrase "separation of church and state" in this context is generally traced to a January 1, 1802 letter by Thomas Jefferson, addressed to the Danbury Baptist Association in Connecticut, and published in a Massachusetts newspaper.

which,leads to:

the Court ruling in the case of Everson v. Board of Education stated "the clause against establishment of religion by law was intended to erect 'a wall of separation between Church and State.'"

You fuggin' ignoramus. The First Ammendment mentions nothing about a wall, a church or the state. It only limits CONGRESS.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
another question might be; if the communists take control of the US, who will our enemy be?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Bluemonday,

Either way, the "separation" phrase has since been repeatedly used by the Supreme Court of the United States.

Until 1949 the Supreme Court always went the historical way. Then in 1949 the Court came up with the foolishness we have now. Why do you think the Bible was in schools all over the country. I remember one history lecture when the speaker told us one had to explain the First Half of John Chapter One in order to graduate. Up until about 1900 a primer was used to teach grammar school kids. It started off with something like A is for Adam, C is for Christ who died for our sins, etc.

Read the First Amendment and discover the separation of church and state.

Everyday Hunter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (160user, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 02bfishn, 63 invisible), 2,462 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,225
Posts18,466,565
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.