E
Originally Posted by byc
[Linked Image]
Lovely. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Mr.O first of all I want to say I am not offended by your comments. This is America and your in titled to voice your opinion just as every one else is. Also everyone comes to their conclusion on the subject from a different road and experience.

But I will have to disagree with you when comparing God to the tooth fairy. I know people personally who have been healed from sickness and disease by prayer in the name of Jesus. I personal have had someone prayed for me in the name of Jesus and pain left my body in minutes that had been there for months. I have never been or do I know anyone who has been healed in the name of the tooth fairy. Obviously you haven't had a experience like that.

No judgment from me my man, just sayin, maybe be a little more open minded and entertain the though of just maybe it might be possable that their is a God. One that Loves you. Or you could just tell me GFY. Either way up to you...

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Intractable issue. We'll never agree.

But how about this. How about, "In the Rule of Law We Trust" as a bumper sticker on cop cars?

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Nope.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Those decals have been on all our SO and City cop cars for at least two years.

But........ we burn an atheist every blue moon so they don't do anything to call attention to themselves.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by ribka
But Jeff ( Feel the Bern) O is not anti-gun anymore guys. whistle He's changed

Ha ha I crack myself up laugh

Not a "Bern" supporter and I'm at least as pro-gun as anyone on this forum.

You lying POS!

Voting for O and pro-gun are not exactly the same! Kagan and Sotomayor, both young enough to haunt the pro-gun world for decades, and you are pro-gun???

Unfugging real! You should go smack your head again!

Can I get an AMEN!

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
AMEN

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Jeff_O,

how about this. How about, "In the Rule of Law We Trust"

You might believe in the rule of law, but I happen to know Loretta Lynch is Attorney General.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I see that happening a lot. I'm a Christian, but the way I look at it this is a form of using Gods name in vain. You only see Sheriff's doing this, not other LE vehicles. They are elected officials and they are using Gods name to help get re-elected. I don't think God approves.

I have no problem with the phrase on US coins. It was put there in 1864 for the right reasons. The phrase wasn't put on paper money until 1957 and was done for political gain then, just as it is being used now. Prior to 1957 our national motto was E Pluribus Unum (which means "out of many, one." and had been since our nation was founded. It was changed in the 1950's in order to get votes.

Used properly the phrase is fine. It is the spirit in which it is used in that determines right and wrong. I question the real purpose behind this now.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Why should I care about a meaningless religious phrase plastered on government property that all citizens, irregardless of their held beliefs, are forced to pay for through taxes?

It's no skin off my nose one way or the other, but when they start putting "Allahu Akbar" stickers on police cruisers, I don't want to hear a peep out of the Christians on the fire. Y'all keep your mouths shut and pay your taxes like good little patriots.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
JMR40,

It was changed in the 1950's in order to get votes.

Dwight D. Eisenhower was already president when he wanted that as a motto.

Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by justin10mm
Why should I care about a meaningless religious phrase plastered on government property that all citizens, irregardless of their held beliefs, are forced to pay for through taxes?

It's no skin off my nose one way or the other, but when they start putting "Allahu Akbar" stickers on police cruisers, I don't want to hear a peep out of the Christians on the fire. Y'all keep your mouths shut and pay your taxes like good little patriots.

Or how about "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law", on Police Cruisers?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JMR40
I see that happening a lot. I'm a Christian, but the way I look at it this is a form of using Gods name in vain. You only see Sheriff's doing this, not other LE vehicles. They are elected officials and they are using Gods name to help get re-elected. I don't think God approves.

I have no problem with the phrase on US coins. It was put there in 1864 for the right reasons. The phrase wasn't put on paper money until 1957 and was done for political gain then, just as it is being used now. Prior to 1957 our national motto was E Pluribus Unum (which means "out of many, one." and had been since our nation was founded. It was changed in the 1950's in order to get votes.

Used properly the phrase is fine. It is the spirit in which it is used in that determines right and wrong. I question the real purpose behind this now.

Maybe Sheriff's do it because as the only constitutionally appointed peace officers in the country they hold the oath of their office in highest regard.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

It's not being paid for by taxes,which you would know if you had read the OP.

When there's as many Mosques in this country as there are churches I suspect there will be some "Allah Akbar" stickers and the Muzzies can pay for them. Until then majority rules and all others can STFU.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

When there's as many Mosques in this country as there are churches I suspect there will be some "Allah Akbar" stickers and the Muzzies can pay for them. Until then majority rules and all others can STFU.

NO,

I will not be silenced.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Suspect the Muzzie phrase might be on Sheriff cars in at least one Michigan town any time now...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Until then majority rules and all others can STFU.

What a "christian" looser! You are certainly letting your light shine before men so they can glorify God the Father.

Everyday Hunter
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

The car and office itself are paid for by tax dollars, not the sticker.

Well then, when you become part of the minority, you will have the perfect opportunity to take your own advice.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

The car and office itself are paid for by tax dollars, not the sticker.

Well then, when you become part of the minority, you will have the perfect opportunity to take your own advice.

That seems to be the way it's headed.Until then I'll enjoy the status quo. Trying to please everyone all the time is a major fault in this country. Actually now it's more about pleasing the most obnoxious minority.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Change it to, "In imaginary deities we trust" and I'm all-in.

There you have it folks. Next the whole Declaration of Independence gets a facelift to make the "pro gun" azzhat happy.

I'm sure the Bill of Rights is safe, since the "pro gun" voter has a problem with all men being created equal now....

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (1OntarioJim, 10Glocks, 1234, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 60 invisible), 2,601 guests, and 1,127 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,314
Posts18,468,326
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.