Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S

The wife thought it would be a good idea to mix the puppy's food with adult dog food last night... And didn't tell me until after he ate.

OMFG !

Not sure if I have any nose hair left today.

GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
After a safari in Namibia years ago, I was being driven to the Windhoek airport for the flight back home. In the Land Cruiser were the safari company owner, her son and their two dogs, a Jack Russell and a black lab. What we didn't know was that the two dogs had gone down to the village and stolen some game meat that had been drying on a fence for some time. WOW! About halfway through the drive those dogs started to gas us out. Suddenly all of us were shouting and rolling down windows. It wasn't so much the smell as it was the burning eyes.

RS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pix or it didn't happen...

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
With my dogs its cow or other such hooves. We used to feed the good, ski on Ambassador hotdogs to our K-9. The dog was no dummy and held out for the good stuff to break its training of not accepting food from other than its handler. The officer absolutely hated that. It was best done in the winter or on an devilishly hot and humid day in the summer as it was almost as painful to open the windows as to keep them closed.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Uglydog2
With my dogs its cow or other such hooves. We used to feed the good, ski on Ambassador hotdogs to our K-9. The dog was no dummy and held out for the good stuff to break its training of not accepting food from other than its handler. The officer absolutely hated that. It was best done in the winter or on an devilishly hot and humid day in the summer as it was almost as painful to open the windows as to keep them closed.

That's awesome!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It's probably some sort of heresy to inject a cat into the discussion, but I'm going to do it anyway. When I was a kid, we had cat who was in the house when we were and out of it when we were out of it. His favorite spot was behind the couch, where he could lie on his back, held up by the couch one one side and the wall on the other, and sleep. This cat loved raw liver. The butcher had a large box where he threw bones, trimmings, and meat that had been in the case too long. Customers were free to sort through this for pet food. One Saturday night, Dad came home with some beef liver from the box, much to the delight of the cat. Move the clock ahead to Sunday night when the folks had people over after church for coffee. As soon as the door was opened when we got home, the cat darted in, unnoticed, and headed for his place of repose. A bit later, as the living room was filled with church-folk eating cake and sipping coffee, the room was suddenly infused with an almost visible green cloud of the most ungodly odor - words are totally inadequate to describe it. While notice of this event was impossible to miss, the good people of the Evangelical Covenant Church pretended to ignore it, to the (very possible) death, if necessary. When Dad came in from the kitchen with the coffee pot, he instantly deduced the source of the wave that enveloped him. Setting down the pot, he strode purposefully to the end of the couch, bent over, reached behind, grabbed the cat by the scruff of the neck, opened the front door, tossed the cat into the outer darkness, closed the door, retrieved the coffee pot, and went about his rounds. Never a word was spoken by anyone; everyone went on with the consumption and conversation like nothing had taken place. I am pretty sure that the smell permeated their clothing, went home with them, and was probably still noticeable the next morning.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This is my kind of thread.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We have a Boxer. 'Nuff said.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
I know that cat odor all too well, rich food does not sit well with them. One a similar note, the last cat I owned (actually, it owned me) was pregnant with kittens when it decided to move in. Several weeks after birth of the kittens, we ate at a very nice restaurant where I ordered stuffed lobster not knowing what it was as my dining experience was pretty limited for a 10 year old.

It did not meet my taste expectations and we brought it home in a doggy bag for my mom to eat later. Well, she forgot to put it away and the cats found it.

Not only did we have 7 kittens and one momma cat with a bad case of gas, but we had them all adding to the smell from both ends due to the richness of the food. Almost as bad as cleaning everything up was trying to get the shell parts from the kittens. At their age they were pretty wild and fought like madmen to keep their bounty. I got pretty scratched and bit up over the next week taking shell parts from the kittens but it was necessary as my mom did child care at home and we could not have the kittens clawing the kids.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
They can be sensitive to food LOL.. Have had it happen a lot when changing diet. Funny thing is to watch them when it happens, will get the wife and I in stiches.. Actually happens to me as well..

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Our bitch Airedale used to drop some silent bombs from time to time when we were in the den watching TV. The accusatory look on her face for my wife and I was priceless!

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
I love it when dogs are startled by their own farts, jerking their head around and looking toward their butt like, "What the heck was THAT?!"

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

146 members (163bc, 44mc, 257 mag, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 15 invisible), 1,692 guests, and 901 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,236
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.