Print Thread
Hop To
G
g5m Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Set in 1951 this movie by the Coen brothers takes slices of Hollywood and puts them together. The star is Josh Brolin who is a studio 'fixer' who placates actors and directors meanwhile trying to deal with gossip columnists and the kidnapping of the star of a big budget movie under production. That star is George Clooney and he is kidnapped by a group of movie people who have a beef with the system. Saying much more would reveal too much of the story but it has many of the stereotypes you would expect.

It drags in the middle but ultimately is tied together. An okay couple of hours but in my opinion not up to the Coens' best efforts.

Retired cat herder.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Saw it last Sunday on the basis of their other great movies like Fargo, No Country for Old Men and Oh Brother Where Art Thou among many others.

Definitely not their best work. There were about three decent laughs among the sparse audience but the whole movie just didn't click. Good acting and all but no real character development of any of the principles so you really couldn't work up much interest in any of them. Several very good actors in the credits were given very small roles, for instance Jonah Hill who was on screen maybe one full minute and Scarlett Johansson who was in two short scenes.

Overall one of those movies you walk out of and forget about before you've gotten to your car.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
G
g5m Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

Overall one of those movies you walk out of and forget about before you've gotten to your car.

Funny, but the people with us did walk out on it. Too boring for them. And I considered it.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by g5m
Set in 1951 this movie by the Coen brothers takes slices of Hollywood and puts them together. The star is Josh Brolin who is a studio 'fixer' who placates actors and directors meanwhile trying to deal with gossip columnists and the kidnapping of the star of a big budget movie under production. That star is George Clooney ......

No need for me to read any more .... I have never seen a good Clooney movie.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hotload
Originally Posted by g5m
Set in 1951 this movie by the Coen brothers takes slices of Hollywood and puts them together. The star is Josh Brolin who is a studio 'fixer' who placates actors and directors meanwhile trying to deal with gossip columnists and the kidnapping of the star of a big budget movie under production. That star is George Clooney ......

No need for me to read any more .... I have never seen a good Clooney movie.

Have you seen Oh Brother Whereart Thou?
I don't care for Clooney's politics but he was very good in that.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Three Kings was a decent movie as well.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Three Kings was a decent movie as well.

Watched Three Kings last night, the opening scene was good smirk , but as gulf war movies go it was just okay.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

640 members (10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 160user, 19rabbit52, 10Glocks, 62 invisible), 2,049 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,239
Posts18,447,871
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.