Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I use a Seek Outside 6-man Tipi with a SO large titanium stove. This combination, with a decent pad (or lightweight cot) and a warm sleeping bag is really hard to beat for 2 hunters with packs and all their winter gear or 3 people in warmer conditions. It is a stick stove and you have to keep it stoked until bed time. When lights are out, the sleeping bag and pad provide the warmth in cold conditions. The stove provides both a cooking surface and warmth, which is just about all I ask of a small tent stove. It has work well for me in CO for 2nd rifle hunting seasons when it can get cold.

Start young, hunt hard, and enjoy God's bounty.
GB1

B
byd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have a Nu-Way it's works but i prefer the buddy heater

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Apparently these are moisture wicking & have been advertised lots.

https://arcticoventent.com/tents/all-tents

[Linked Image]

Pricey though!

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Unless absolutely necessary, Back Packing is for mild Weather and only requires one Heavy Blanket and a Ground Tarp. smile

When I no longer have the right to protect my own person or property...my person and property have become public property in common.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Apparently these are moisture wicking & have been advertised lots.

https://arcticoventent.com/tents/all-tents

[Linked Image]

Pricey though!

Yep, same as above posted in yellow. Well worth the expenditure if you are going full on 4 season....

Will be one of the first purchases we make once we move to AK in a few years.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bugout4x4
Unless absolutely necessary, Back Packing is for mild Weather and only requires one Heavy Blanket and a Ground Tarp. smile

"Backpacking is for mild weather...."

Maybe back-packing is, but back-pack hunting sure isn't only for mild weather.

tanner

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Tanner

tanner

Don't feed him anything, please.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I"d rather feed tanner than a ghost.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
If your main objective is car camping and safety, I suggest just a standard electric heater one would use on a cold room or a basement. Plug it into the electric box if your campsite has one, or get a little inverter generator if the campsite does not have an electric box. Super simple, safe and foolproof.

Ben

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
2 years ago Snubbie was begging me to bring a llama inside the tent to keep him warm.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Bluemonday

tanner

smile

Honestly it has been a very longtime since I have heard of someone tough enough to Backpack out overnight for two days in a row of Hunting and then Backpack out all their Gear + a Deer or Elk, or maybe a Moose. How about you guys?

I set up Base Camp and sleep in the Cherokee and then venture out Hunting each day from there Myself. Packhorse aside, The Cherokee will travel anywhere any other mode of transportation is now legally limited to travel. smile

When I no longer have the right to protect my own person or property...my person and property have become public property in common.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Honestly it has been a very longtime since I have heard of someone tough enough to Backpack out overnight for two days in a row of Hunting and then Backpack out all their Gear + a Deer or Elk, or maybe a Moose.

You need to hang out with a different crowd.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Mods:

Close thread!

Do not post!

Officially silly!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

tanner

smile

Honestly it has been a very longtime since I have heard of someone tough enough to Backpack out overnight for two days in a row of Hunting and then Backpack out all their Gear + a Deer or Elk, or maybe a Moose. How about you guys?

I set up Base Camp and sleep in the Cherokee and then venture out Hunting each day from there Myself. Packhorse aside, The Cherokee will travel anywhere any other mode of transportation is now legally limited to travel. smile

Honestly I think it's been a long time since you've been outdoors. But you're right- I have no idea how some of those tough guys stay in a tent overnight.... Must be downright harrowing!

Tanner

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I have no idea how some of those tough guys stay in a tent overnight.... Must be downright harrowing!

Tanner

I've heard it can be with some people, depending on what was on the menu.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

tanner

smile

Honestly I think it's been a long time since you've been outdoors. But you're right- I have no idea how some of those tough guys stay in a tent overnight.... Must be downright harrowing!

Tanner

Not sure how you did it...but you guys were able to completely twist the point out of context. Maybe you just scanned keywords rather than actually read the sequence of points made?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Coming from a tinfoil hat wearing offroader, that's really not a surprise.

Sorry, couldn't resist... your forum name is low hanging fruit.

laugh

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

LOL, don't tell my 55 year old wife that...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Ten stream crossings, nice freezing water...

[Linked Image]

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Brad....I'd bust my azz on those greasy rocks for sure

I can see me slipping and taking the Nestea plunge....you gotta be old to understand that...laffin

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ha! My wife's not the most sure footed, but she always manages. She carries "water shoes" and trekking poles. Both critical for her.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (160user, 007FJ, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 65 invisible), 2,197 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,211
Posts18,466,206
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.