Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Hello. Am planning on hosting this event September 9 thru the 11th. That way both sides of the Lehi valley is open 4 rifle Cow elk over the counter tag. I cannot predict how many will be on the valley floor as it depends on weather and pressure. I have yet to approach the guide for his rates as perhaps a package discount is available? Archery will also be a over the counter deal and I could help out there. I my self will be bowhunting. There is an nice open to the public free rifle range at 300 yards. Several nice hot springs and river rafting steel head fishing. I have been advised to try to get the elks lodge for the show and hope to contact them tommorow. P.M. me for questions. Remember these are over the counter tags. You can buy the tag once you find elk so no pressure.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Savage Hunting Fest - West. Sounds like a plan! smile

Those that "will" or "might" please sign in. State the probability of your attending. Also, will you be displaying, attend but no display and/or hunting.

Question: will there be display days then hunting or are you intending to try and do both at the same time?

Will there be a secure location that multiple firearm ($$$) can be left while hunting?

Savage...never say "never".
Rick...

Join the NRA...together we stand, divided we fall!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I won't be hunting on the week end. I will assist others scouting or what not. I have yet to check the elks lodge for security. I have access to store stuff securely at my house and cabin. In the town of salmon I have not planned it out. We'll keep you updated.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have it on my calendar!
It may take a while for folks to commit so may want to set a deadline to have a minimum of positive responses to make it really official. And of course any later folks would be welcome. Or go for it regardless of numbers?
Just my 2 cents...
Hope it works out! And I will have sorted out my hunting options by then. Killing elk with 99 would be great. And I bow hunted elk in Idaho about 10 years ago so that would be good too.
Bruce

Bruce
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Will be there, 4 tables, Want to hunt before or after Savage Fest. Can come early to help set up. David

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I looked at the elks lodge. It looks great got pictures but no phot bucket here. I could email them to some one. The room locks. There is a bar next door. They have 6 r.v. hook ups on the property. The fee for the room is $150 a day. Do we want Fri sat sun. Or what do we want? The r.v. spots are $25 a day. Thanks John.

Last edited by Angus1895; 02/19/16.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
RV spots, bar, lodge, hmmmm.....

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
WELL THIS IS A NO BRAINIER,,,SOUNDS EXCELLENT!

�Can we move this along?" a bored voice stated. "I have places to be and people to shag."

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Should this be a sticky up top?

Bruce
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Savageupnorth
Should this be a sticky up top?

sounds great , love to come down but will depend on wifes codition.

would like to bring a few guns but that depends on paperwork

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
where in Idaho are you so i can get distance ,

thanks norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Here is a fest west update. The Town of Salmon is Very Excited about this festival. It will be legal to trade and sell firearms and we can have a shooting match at the free public rifle range. I plan on some good food and some natural hot spring visits. My question is we better plan on it being open 2 the public 4 a few hours a day. There is camping on site and the bar will be open on Friday. They will also open on Saturday if we want it. I also would like to invite other Lever action collectors? What say U? Thanks John

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Angus1895
Here is a fest west update. The Town of Salmon is Very Excited about this festival. It will be legal to trade and sell firearms and we can have a shooting match at the free public rifle range. I plan on some good food and some natural hot spring visits. My question is we better plan on it being open 2 the public 4 a few hours a day. There is camping on site and the bar will be open on Friday. They will also open on Saturday if we want it. I also would like to invite other Lever action collectors? What say U? Thanks John

thinking on this ^^^^^^^^^^^maybe a lot of Savages would come out of the woodwork both 2 legged and wood and metal grin whistle

my question if i can make it , coming thru Sweet Grass down hwy 15, looks like there are 3 options
1]down 15 to Sun Prairie 89 to Sun River take 200 thru Lincoln + Greenough to Missoula

2} keep on 15 thru Wolf Crick pass to Helena take 12 to Garrison back to Missoula

3}stay on 15 to Butte and hit 1 at Anaconda + 38 to Grantsdale then to Salmon

i realise that # 1 +3 are mountainous and i would be towing a 32' 5th wheel
AM i crazy or ??????????????????????

norm

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I'm planning on going. Work permitting.

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'll be there with my display and books for anyone who hasn't gotten one. I like all lever actions and don't have any problem with collectors of other brands being present. Or with the public coming in. We may add a few converts to Savage Fever. David

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
that would be great if we could meet there great ENABLER that u are grin

norm

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Norm I need to study a map b 4 I can give advice. But please plan on attending!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thinking on it. Got to work out the funding. frown

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

The fest is in Salmon, Idaho from September 9 to 11?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I was in Helena and going to Salmon, I'd take 15 south to 43, over to 93, then south to Salmon.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
504 members (10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 160user, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 47 invisible), 2,237 guests, and 1,013 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,596
Posts18,398,171
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.