Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ulvejaeger
norm99

Another option which would avoid the worst of the mountains would be to stay on I-15 to Dillon and 20 mi. S take Clark Canyon exit to Hwy 324. Stay on that hwy. straight into Leadore ID. More or less 60 mi. from the dam. You'll go right past our house in Grant MT. Hope that I am able to see the show!!

thanks i'll check the map.

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

GB1

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I be there. I'm in for the shooting, Meeting you guys and good food. will bring my Highpower and mabey my Rossi Lever gun, its fun. Anyone have recommendation on local motel/hotel?
thanks, Jeff

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The closer we get I find myself thinking more of it each day. I better get a table.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I am still in Minnesota working. We R gonna float 550 head in 60 days. When I get home I am gonna try to get a hotel to sponsor us. There is an RV park on site and the place has its own bar. I can't wait to get started, get organized and get the hell back to idaho!

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Need a head count and input please. The hall costs $450 for the three days. Do we want this invite only or can I arrange an open to public limited hour period and sell admission? I can have an list of activities also. I have a chronograph we could set up on the range. Have a fun shoot. Mule ride. Elk scouting, hunting, bow hunting deer, hot spring, river rafting, how to build your own black rifle seminar. Perhaps Fireball could lecturing " is cerakote for you?" With a wet lab? We could perhaps get Steelhead to lecture " The 130 grain 308 bullet and why I love her".

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
seeing as the wife has passed i might be able to make it down , but its probable to late to bring guns, frown

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I am sorry 4 your loss. Come on down, you can shoot aby of mine you want!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There's a gun dealer in Colorado that I know of that is interested in attending and bringing some antique Colts and Winchester lever guns, but he's not sure if that's on the menu. He's also not sure if public will be attending giving him opportunity to sell. I gave him ol' Angus's name and number, try not to be too hard on him. grin

It seems like if the public is going through, we're all going to be stuck at our tables during that time hitting the booger pickers on the knuckles when they reach for the Savages.

I don't have anything worth showing a bunch of advanced collectors just shooters I hunt with, but I can bring some iron just to fit in a little.

LOL
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Angus1895
Need a head count and input please. The hall costs $450 for the three days. Do we want this invite only or can I arrange an open to public limited hour period and sell admission? I can have an list of activities also. I have a chronograph we could set up on the range. Have a fun shoot. Mule ride. Elk scouting, hunting, bow hunting deer, hot spring, river rafting, how to build your own black rifle seminar. Perhaps Fireball could lecturing " is cerakote for you?" With a wet lab? We could perhaps get Steelhead to lecture " The 130 grain 308 bullet and why I love her".

I'll be there, I'd like to set up a table. I plan to make a FORTUNE.

I'll have many cases available

[Linked Image]

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I plan on a public showing to be limited, and controlled. I will even have security and insurance. Steel head will you need ice for your table?

Last edited by Angus1895; 07/16/16.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm inclined to think we should let the public in. But then I go to gun shows where I have to keep the booger pickers off my collection so it's nothing new to me. My wife and I will be there plus 2 or possibly 3 guests. I'll have 3 1899's for sale plus the books and hats. David

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I could also close savage fest west on saturday at say noon. Then Satevening and Sunday open Lever fest west. Two separate events.

Last edited by Angus1895; 07/16/16.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'll be sure and pick up a few cases for Steelhead in case he's running low.

[Linked Image]

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We got a room at Bear Country Inn. The hotels in Salmon are just about full for that weekend so anyone needing a room needs to get one soon. It looks like Savage Fest West is so popular it overtaxing the towns facilities.
Looking forward to seeing everyone. David

wyo1895
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
John, I'll provide a copy of my book for a door prize. David

wyo1895
[email protected]

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Savage fest west will be closed to the public and will not be advertised locally. Lever fest west will be advertised locally as long as I can get an insurance and LLC set up and it is OK with the town. That will have public admittance. It will be from Saturday Sept 10 1 to 6 pm. Then Sunday Noon until 4 pm. Savage fest will start Friday Morning I will see when doors will open.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Lodging as listed below.

Last edited by Angus1895; 07/20/16.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I just talked to the lady at the adjacent RV Park and she will let me have 5 spots. So pm me if you want one. They are very excited for us to come. We will be able to start using the room Thursday evening Sept 8

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
How do I sign up for an RV space? What is the entrance fee for the event? Any ideas what the shooting events will be? I assume this is a 1895, 1899 and 99 shooting event?

Thank You

erich

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I was thinking friday, or Saturday morning. I am gonna have by caliber, open or scoped divisions. All vintage lever guns apply. A special savage section will be considered. I will get the RV cost. I do not plan on paying for the room all myself but I do not know what to charge for the savage fest. Perhaps a donation once we figure who is all there. The Lever fest portion would be free to all savage fest participants. Table fees and admission to be announced once I know the town and my wife are OK with it. Please any input would be great.

Last edited by Angus1895; 07/20/16.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

599 members (10Glocks, 22250rem, 1_deuce, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 257 roberts, 63 invisible), 2,185 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,284
Posts18,448,656
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.