Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
I still have mine. My pop bought me a buck small stockman when I was 13. 30 years later I still have it and it's in like new condition. It's a miracle it hasn't been lost.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
A medium size Camillus stockman that my grandfather gave me when I was 6.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
[Linked Image]

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
My first was a yellow handles Queen Steel stockman.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Camillius official cub scout pocket knife. It lacked the can opener and only had a spear shaped blade, screwdriver/ bottle opener, and awl.

Got it at age 7 when my mom bought my twin brother and me our first knives. We were cub scouts then so she didn't buy Boy Scout knives. Not sure if it was cost, concerns about not investing money in something that would get lost, or fear of us testing the can opener tool on her food stock.

Either way.. I still have mine, and carried it through college. Its a little loose and sentimental so it doesn't see much pocket time now, but its amazing I still have it. My brother lost his...

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I had a couple of pocket knives that I do not remember specifically, but first real knife was a Kinfolks fixed blade with leather spacer handle when I was 12. Still have it almost 60 years later.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
Albert Einstein

At Khe Sanh a sign read "For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected never knew".
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Wayne Hendrix model 11, birthday gift from my uncle when I turned fourteen. Still have it today.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
A single blade Barlow from father on my 5th birthday.

Semper Fi

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Case small Stockman when I was about eight years old. I started hunting with dad and grandpa at that age and they figured it was about time I got a pocket knife. Grandpa took me to the local hardware store and let me look at the knives in the swiveling display case. With a little guidance I ended up with a yellow bone handled Case XX stockman. I was taught how to sharpen on a set of stones and take a few passes on the strop to take off the wire edge. I remember how I felt like I was one of the men when I'd pull out that knife to slit a rabbit or squirrel to dress out or slice garden tomatoes or whittle a whistle from a green maple branch. That knife is long ago lost but the lesson of a man always having a pocket knife of some sort in a front pocket and a handkerchief in his rear pocket stuck with me to this day. I always wonder about a guys upbringing when they don't have either one of those two items when they need it. I don't loan out mine if asked... maybe they'll learn their lesson.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Mine was a Barlow with two blades. It is long gone.

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
A generic single bladed lockback bought at a general store. It had a cheap fake pearl handle. I think I was only 6, but I can still remember it.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
A Barlow 2 blade, still have what is left of it.

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Steelhead
[Linked Image]

I bet your a peanut butter and jelly making mofo.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Mine was one of those celluloid handled "fish" knives picked from a cigar box of knives that my parents had. Red, main blade pointy as hell, fish scaler on the spine, probably an Imperial? I was about 10.

In many of these stories here the ages are 6-10 range and we carried them to school! Jail time now for that...........

http://www.musicmadeknives.com/index.html

Knives are mans best friend........dogs are pretty cool too!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Walden stockman

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Pops thought I was too little for a pocket knife but that summer I found the remains (one blade) of a cheap folding pocket knife that had been driven over.
I used some copper tubing for a handle and drilled a hole with an "egg beater" hand drill so I could pin the blade to handle with a nail.
I carried it for a while in the watch pocket of my jeans.
He figured out I was "carrying" and I got a yellow handled Imperial two blade shortly thereafter.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mine is the Buck 110, I bought it around 1973 and still have it.
My oldest knife.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Victorinox pocket knife I got for my birthday from my best friend (we were so young it was his family's Bday gift to me. Got it despite my parents not really approving. Didn't cut myself, but cut a lot of other things. laugh

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My first was the official boy scout knife. 40 years later and I still have it. It was used extremely hard
but I can see scout logo on it. The knife has a spear blade, can opener, screwdriver/bottle opener & awl.
Great topic, thanks for posting it.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Two blade Barlow. Carried it to school in kindergarten. There've been LOTS since then, but I have that one still.

First hunting knife was a Schrade Sharpfinger. I still have that one, too.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 11point, 48 invisible), 2,592 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,360
Posts18,468,975
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.