Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by greydog
Despite all his shortcomings, he is at least reaching out to the gay community by marching in the "pride" parade. Should this make us proud or what?!!! GD

delete

GB1

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by greydog
Despite all his shortcomings, he is at least reaching out to the gay community by marching in the "pride" parade. Should this make us proud or what?!!! GD

delete

Would love to see Justine *** deleted *** along with his majority government.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Actually his father was a well known homosexual in Montreal. His wife Margaret had many flinges including a very publicized one in 1977 with the Rolling Stones where she had really run amuck. I would actually be very surprised if Justin was a son of of Pierre Trudeau.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Are you stuck with the bum for almost five years?

Break out the sackcloth, and ashes!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Haven't heard of any Canadian Prime Minister ever empeached, so your right doomed for 4 years.

IC B2

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
How long have you been stuck with your present leader? Are you still wearing sackcloth?
I didn't vote for Trudeau. However you have a number of issues in your own neighborhood, with out pointing your nose in Canadian politics .

Facebook

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Geez Louise...a bunch of CPC supporters all bum hurt or what? I haven't read as much whining in a long time. ;-) The fact is Mr. Harper and his crew couldn't maintain the support of a majority of voting Canadians due to their high handed policies, so it's their own fault.

Dumb heads changed the pension rules, so younger Canadians have to work an extra 2 years in order to collect, strike one. They close coast guard stations on the west coast, strike 2. They have no moral obligation to our vets, strike 3.....no need to go on is there, or maybe we should mention year after year after year of budget deficits. strike 4 your out.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We're all waiting for Trudeau to reverse all those decisions. Don't hold your breath.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter
Geez Louise...a bunch of CPC supporters all bum hurt or what? I haven't read as much whining in a long time. ;-) The fact is Mr. Harper and his crew couldn't maintain the support of a majority of voting Canadians due to their high handed policies, so it's their own fault.

Dumb heads changed the pension rules, so younger Canadians have to work an extra 2 years in order to collect, strike one. They close coast guard stations on the west coast, strike 2. They have no moral obligation to our vets, strike 3.....no need to go on is there, or maybe we should mention year after year after year of budget deficits. strike 4 your out.

Overall I think Harper did a good job, but in the end he got voted out because of the way he interacted with the voters. People didn't like him and it got him fired.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Could someone tell what brought about Kim Campbell's early exit?
That was a short term in office.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter

CanuckShooter;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope the morning up north is as nice for you folks as this one is shaping up to be.

Since we know each other a wee bit now from a few forums and over a span of years, I'm going to go out on a limb and speculate that you're stirring the pot a bit to see if it'll garner a response?

So then since it's a might early for me to start my outside chores today - too dark still - I'll throw out a couple thoughts that spring to my mind.

The Conservatives went into this election facing almost insurmountable odds as far as retaining power - historically it just doesn't happen.

While it's somewhat in fashion to bash their accomplishments - I'd make a case that the policies of the Harper years allowed both you and I to continue working here in BC - where as we well know jobs and steady work can be variable to say the least.

No, they did not do all things the way I'd like to see them, but as a broad statement and yes sir I am cognizant how slippery they can be - they were trying to balance the budget and not dump us into debt.

Unless I misread your posts sir, you are similar to me and are closer to retirement than the other way around. We've had a decent go of life and have been able to see and do a few things - such as your annual hunting trips.

Speaking personally I'm really and truly concerned that spiraling national debt will be a yoke that our children and grandchildren - I don't have any yet, but I recall you do - will have to deal with.

We've been an incredibly selfish and short sighted generation in my view - history won't be kind to us I don't believe. We should be responsible for our own debt and deal with our own mess in the present - but we don't.....

Trudeau's government spending cannot be maintained, anybody who has balanced their own bank account can see that.

It doesn't cause me personal posterior pain as much as heart ache for my offspring. That's the point of view I'm coming from personally.

Anyway sir, you and your fine family have a good weekend.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Could someone tell what brought about Kim Campbell's early exit?
That was a short term in office.
Stupidity.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
She was the sacrificial lamb when Mulroney bailed during a time when the Conservatives popularity was tanking. She was never going to go anywhere politically anyway, and it gave the party time to reform while Chretien brauled his way through us.

Whoever took the party at that time was going down big time. Kim took it on the chin. I was never convinced she had anything on the go regardless. IMHO.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Help out a stupid Yank, (Bloody?), as to how a change in PM, can take place?

An election called?

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
I believe,what we need to see happen is a bunch of Lieberals cross the floor.
Also correct me if I am wrong, There might be a non confidence vote ?

I never used to pay to much attention to politics,untill now.
Every time a person listens to the news,it's all about how much money the Lieberals can give away.....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dwayne, you are a credit to us all. I don't know how you can exhibit such class at times.

Gerry.
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
You have that correct Gerry.

Dwayne's talents, are wasted until he is appointed North America's ambassador to everywhere.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
A non confidence vote needs a majority of the government to vote against a proposed law. Unless a bunch of Libertards decide to go against their own party on some major policy or legislation, it won't work.

Brother Keith

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by the_shootist
A non confidence vote needs a majority of the government to vote against a proposed law. Unless a bunch of Libertards decide to go against their own party on some major policy or legislation, it won't work.

And most of them will be so busy bellying up to the trough they will never rock the boat. It would have to be something really bad for them to even consider it.

Gerry.
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Liberals are going to tax us Canadians with new taxes that only a room full of morons could dream up ie:
I just saw on the news that were in for a new, or series of new FEDERAL enviromental taxes on fuel etc, anything to do with polluting the earth is going to be taxed, or new taxes invented.

Trudeau was in power 10 minutes and he said..."lets spend some money" someones gonna pay for it.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (264mag, Anaconda, 6mmCreedmoor, ak_Rick, 13 invisible), 1,499 guests, and 754 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,174
Posts18,465,426
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.