Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The Toyota will still be running long after the Ford and Chevy are in the bone yard.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
BP-B6

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
Had 3 in the past 2 month with scope base screws jacked up. That's one...aftermarket sucks, and I like to tinker. Trigger design will fail. Too much plastic and over priced plastic magazines.

You personally bought three of them in the past 2 months, or do you work in a gun shop?

If you personally bought them yourself, is your forehead bloody?

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I just can't get over the metro-sexual styling that Browning seems wedded to these days; all those funny angles. In addition, the x-bolt seems overly complicated to me and I don't like the cutout in the stock for the magazine.

If you've got an x-bolt and like it, don't worry what the other kids think.

I agree about the styling. If nothing else, at least the old A-bolt Medallions were a good looking rifle.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Got one in .308 that I've had for several years now. It's lightweight and accurate with a short bolt throw. Shoots 150g Hornady BTSP's into 1" @ 2880 fps. Hogs, deer, coyotes and bobcats didn't complain about being shot with 'gasp' an X-Bolt.

Some people are educated beyond their intelligence.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Bama_Rick
I don't have any personal experience with one, but a wise old gunsmith who built rifles for guys on here told me he refused to work on them. He worked on everything else.
IIRC, that was Mickey C... And, FWIW, I won't work on 'em either... smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I've got several, a 25-06, 308, 270, 7WSM. They all shoot great with no out of the box adjustments necessary.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by Sylvaneous
Why no love for the X-Bolt?

Because Ruger, Remington, Savage, Kimber, Winchester, Howa and Weatherby still make rifles

Your inclusion of Salvage in that list speaks volumes.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Because Ruger, Remington, Savage, Kimber, Winchester, Howa and Weatherby still make rifles

You forgot Sako, CZ, Tikka, ....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ken_L
This nothing more than a Ford, Chevy debate but the Browning is the Toyota and we all know how crappy they are...

After the Toyota experience I had, you're gonna need a better argument than that.

Might be atypical, like a Tikka that doesn't shoot, but for me it was a financial disaster at the worst possible time.

What fresh Hell is this?
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by cra1948

You forgot Sako, CZ, Tikka, ....

No I didn't...

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
There's a horror story out there about every product that has been around long enough but on average Toyota and Miroku make excellent products.

NRA Lifetime Endowment Member
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Lol

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have had 4.

They just routinely killed stuff, were accurate as hell with most any bullet you can think of and never gave a minutes trouble.

But I hate 'em anyway. whistle

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ken_L
There's a horror story out there about every product that has been around long enough but on average Toyota and Miroku make excellent products.

Miroku makes better than decent shotguns. Most of Brownings other guns I happen to like a great deal, especially the BPS shotguns and the Buckmark pistols. It is not a brand issue with me, nor a Made in Japan issue... it is a ridiculously poorly designed action with a ton of shortcuts. Love the "bedding" with hotmelt glue!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ditto about Miroku. Whatever blame there may be goes to the Browning designers and "stylists". Gotta wonder what some of them are smoking.

The Miroku-manufactured "Winchesters" are outstanding. Some of the finish choices are a little shiny for my taste, but again, that's on the Browning designers.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Ditto about Miroku. Whatever blame there may be goes to the Browning designers and "stylists". Gotta wonder what some of them are smoking.

The Miroku-manufactured "Winchesters" are outstanding. Some of the finish choices are a little shiny for my taste, but again, that's on the Browning designers.

I agree completely.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
... it is a ridiculously poorly designed action with a ton of shortcuts. Love the "bedding" with hotmelt glue!
Don't forget the six parts they figger to run the safety..

crazy

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Well at least Browning hasn't had as many issues with their triggers and safeties as Remington! Not to mention lawsuits.

NRA Lifetime Endowment Member
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
... it is a ridiculously poorly designed action with a ton of shortcuts. Love the "bedding" with hotmelt glue!
Don't forget the six parts they figger to run the safety..

crazy

Nothing like a bunch of questionable metalurgy and excess parts to create the KISS of death for that rifle.

Isn't your biggest beef with working on them the glue between action and barrel?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've had a lot of them apart. Re-bed most of them, but they all shot fine.

I do the same with other factory bedded rifles. Have bedded a few rifles for friends and never had a customer complain...

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
219 members (257 mag, 2UP, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 23 invisible), 1,596 guests, and 885 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,917
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.