Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
SAS, are the 452 Scouts considered part of the "special runs" they aren't going to do anymore? Wondering whether I should pick one up before they become 455 Scouts.

While we're at it, can you confirm or deny the rumor that they failed to hit profitability targets when using Dan Wesson's factory to make GI-spec 1911s and will never do that again, either?

GB1

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
There has been no announcement to discontinue either the 252 scout or the left handed 452. Naturally anything could happen, I would not be in a panic. Then waiting too long can be a risk.

Sad to say the future for the 452 and 453 right handed models looks pretty bleak. I did not get a 22mag right hand when they were available. I missed that boat. I did get a 453 in 22lr. Very nice gun a lifetime keeper for me.

A lot of guys on rim fire central pick up scouts and mount them in factory American model stocks ( adult stock ). They seem to make a handy hunting rifle.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
any chance we might see some 452 american's with a factory threaded 16" barrel in .22lr?
Thanks,
Eddie

"Only accurate rifles are interesting"
Col. Townsend Whelen
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by captbutch
They are in their parts bins where they have small springs and misc stuff. They will have a bunch of different sized springs in there, just look for the #144.
If you can't find it I'll pick one up and mail it to you.
Let me know
Butch

I couldnt find one of those springs at my local ace...

Sending a PM to you

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
What cleaning schedule are you on with the 455? Is it shooting better dirty?

IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
UPS tracking number shows mine should be in the store on Tue.

Wohoo!

Those who are always shooting off at the mouth usually aren't shooting straight.

Build a man a fire and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

www.wvcdl.org
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dave284
UPS tracking number shows mine should be in the store on Tue.

Wohoo!

Nice smile

I had mine out again because of this thread and shot 200 rounds and it didn't disappoint. I would have shot it earlier but I put away the magazine in a safe spot and then forgot where it was wink

Gerry.
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
any chance we might see some 452 american's with a factory threaded 16" barrel in .22lr?
Thanks,
Eddie

IMHO - Highly unlikely. A 455 would be your best, if not only, bet.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Picked up my Whittakers 452 Tuesday and didn't have a chance to mess with it till late this evening. The only scope I had setting around is an old Trashco 4 - 16 that has been used to evaluate many rimfires over the years, so I stuck it on there real quick. No time to play with the trigger or any bedding. Just run a couple dry patches down the barrel and commenced to shooting with some Norma match that three of my other rifle don't like.

The first five shots at around 25 yards to confirm that I should be on paper went into about a 1/4". I moved the target to +/- 50 yards and went to shooting again. I didn't take time to range it because it was already getting dark. The first five at 50, I couldn't tell where it was hitting, turns out they were low left and hitting in with another group from a different rifle on a different day.

A scope adjustment and another 5 shots produced about a 3/4" group. The next three 5 shot groups all had one called flyer. The biggest group of the three was around 5/8" and the other 2 right on 1/2" measured with a ruler. Both of the 1/2" groups had 4 shots each into almost a 1/4". By then dark was upon me so I quit.

Afterwards I did check a few things. The very end of the forearm does touch the stock. Inserting a dollar bill right behind that shows that it is free floating back to the action. Folding the dollar bill double it will insert into the barrel channel on the right side but will not come through on the left.

Three pulls with my Lyman trigger pull gauge broke at 3 1/2, 3 3/4 and 3 3/4 lbs. There is a fair amount of creep in the trigger.

A little bedding, a little trigger work, a good mount and scope and I may have a pretty good little rifle.

Thanks SAS.

Dave.

Those who are always shooting off at the mouth usually aren't shooting straight.

Build a man a fire and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

www.wvcdl.org
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sounds great smile

Gerry.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by dave284
Picked up my Whittakers 452 Tuesday and didn't have a chance to mess with it till late this evening. The only scope I had setting around is an old Trashco 4 - 16 that has been used to evaluate many rimfires over the years, so I stuck it on there real quick. No time to play with the trigger or any bedding. Just run a couple dry patches down the barrel and commenced to shooting with some Norma match that three of my other rifle don't like.

The first five shots at around 25 yards to confirm that I should be on paper went into about a 1/4". I moved the target to +/- 50 yards and went to shooting again. I didn't take time to range it because it was already getting dark. The first five at 50, I couldn't tell where it was hitting, turns out they were low left and hitting in with another group from a different rifle on a different day.

A scope adjustment and another 5 shots produced about a 3/4" group. The next three 5 shot groups all had one called flyer. The biggest group of the three was around 5/8" and the other 2 right on 1/2" measured with a ruler. Both of the 1/2" groups had 4 shots each into almost a 1/4". By then dark was upon me so I quit.

Afterwards I did check a few things. The very end of the forearm does touch the stock. Inserting a dollar bill right behind that shows that it is free floating back to the action. Folding the dollar bill double it will insert into the barrel channel on the right side but will not come through on the left.

Three pulls with my Lyman trigger pull gauge broke at 3 1/2, 3 3/4 and 3 3/4 lbs. There is a fair amount of creep in the trigger.

A little bedding, a little trigger work, a good mount and scope and I may have a pretty good little rifle.

Thanks SAS.

Dave.

Dave, I'm thinkin you're darn sure gonna have a nice little rifle.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I'm thinking your right.

Hoping it's not as picky about ammo as some of my other .22's.

Dave.

www.wvcdl.org
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
In for reference. Looking at maybe getting one

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
452 is ordered cool

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Hope you like it as much as I enjoy mine...

Molon Labe
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Rooster7
452 is ordered cool

Do you think people are enablers here?

It happened to me... ;-)

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by humdinger
452 is ordered cool

It happened to me... ;-)

For sure! lol

This place makes me broke haha

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
Hope you like it as much as I enjoy mine...

I hope so too.

I think I will.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by humdinger
452 is ordered cool

It happened to me... ;-)

Enablers, hell. Pushers and pimps the lot.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have you ordered your's yet Jeff?

The other Jeff

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

63 members (10gaugemag, Akhutr, Anaconda, 6MMWASP, 6 invisible), 1,598 guests, and 810 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,202
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.