Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
OK it's done
Mathews Halon 7 (lost camo XD)70lbs 28"draw(they are coming in 1/4" long),QAD Ultra rest Pro HDX,Mathews HD 4 arrow arrow web quiver,HHA Optimizer OL single pin adjustable sight. G5 Meta 1/4" peep(stabilizer to come after)
Pick it Monday 14th after I get back from the TX hog hunt

http://www.mathewsinc.com/bow-builder/halon-7

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by 4ager
DumbassDon,

No one cares about your cheap Chinese junk, nor what you DON'T hunt with.

Go stay in your basement and see if you can't figure out how to suck start that crossbow (which isn't even the same one in your link, you stupid SOB).

How do you REALLY feel about Savage99??? ...don't hold back now.

He was on my ignore list for a while, but I was missing so much entertainment... he is back now.

Last edited by CashisKing; 03/04/16.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
4ager his part to blame for this purchase,he's been egging me to go shoot some new bows, I tried resisting but everything fell into place today so why fight it

EvilTwin will be proud. The Force grows stronger (pulling screws from hundred of miles distance ain't easy, you know).

[Linked Image]

You have done well Grasshopper grin grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
OK it's done
Mathews Halon 7 (lost camo XD)70lbs 28"draw(they are coming in 1/4" long),QAD Ultra rest Pro HDX,Mathews HD 4 arrow arrow web quiver,HHA Optimizer OL single pin adjustable sight. G5 Meta 1/4" peep(stabilizer to come after)
Pick it Monday 14th after I get back from the TX hog hunt

http://www.mathewsinc.com/bow-builder/halon-7

Those Halon's are nice. We've probably sold 40 or so since January 1st. Guys come in, pull everything from the rack, shoot a few through each, then buy the Halon!

I notice a difference in the draw cycle between the Halon 6 and 7. The 7 feels smoother to me.

I'm shooting a Hoyt Defiant right now, but have a Halon X arriving any day now. I may end up with a Halon 7 too before the dust settles.

Congrats on your new bow!

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Didn't know you sold bows also. Will have to look a little closer.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Man i wish you could have gotten your hands on an Obsession to try. I just swapped over to a K34. OMG this thing is sweet. Absolute best draw cycle I have ever felt. And ive shot a lot of different bows. This thing is flat amazing. At 34ATA and 7" bh even Elites Impulse 34 cant match its speed. The Def Con 6 and M6/M7 blow the Halon away. Better draw cycle, better back wall. More speed. Whisper quiet. Better warranty. Whats not to love? I have tuned a few Halons this yr. And they are nice. Best thing Mathews has put out since the SBXT.

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 280Ackleyrized
Man i wish you could have gotten your hands on an Obsession to try. I just swapped over to a K34. OMG this thing is sweet. Absolute best draw cycle I have ever felt. And ive shot a lot of different bows. This thing is flat amazing. At 34ATA and 7" bh even Elites Impulse 34 cant match its speed. The Def Con 6 and M6/M7 blow the Halon away. Better draw cycle, better back wall. More speed. Whisper quiet. Better warranty. Whats not to love? I have tuned a few Halons this yr. And they are nice. Best thing Mathews has put out since the SBXT.

Funny, dvdegeorge and I were talking the other day about whether this would be your response. We both agreed and almost verbatim.

For the record, I did try an Obsession before buying my new one. Very nice bow, but I just preferred something else (Prime).

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
I would have loved to try out an Obsession but again I'm not buying something without trying it and without having a dealer local.I can't fathom liking anything better as I was pretty blown away by the Halon,I had no intentions of buying a new bow I was very happy with the Heli-m

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by sidepass

Archery was a big goal of mine when I took over.

Local guy was a huge dealer and was tired of working seven twelves. We bought him out and moved him in. He's working for us full time, but still has lots of time off. He and I discussed the move for about 6 months. We made sure we had all his lines locked up before the deal was finalized.

You probably won't see much online from us regarding archery. Good pro shops are a hands on thing. We may start listing used bows though....

Sorry for the interruption, just wanted to clarify.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
No interruption good stuff!And 10/4 on the hands on thing

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
Originally Posted by sidepass

Archery was a big goal of mine when I took over.

Local guy was a huge dealer and was tired of working seven twelves. We bought him out and moved him in. He's working for us full time, but still has lots of time off. He and I discussed the move for about 6 months. We made sure we had all his lines locked up before the deal was finalized.

You probably won't see much online from us regarding archery. Good pro shops are a hands on thing. We may start listing used bows though....

Sorry for the interruption, just wanted to clarify.

Really good info for later on! Thanks!

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
IMHO it's best to learn how to setup/tune your own gear.
Not difficult.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
BTW, anybody shot the G5 Rival?

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by hookeye
IMHO it's best to learn how to setup/tune your own gear.
Not difficult.
Thanks I'll pass I have enough stuff to deal with between hunting,shooting, reloading, fishing which includes boat and gear maintenance

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would have loved to try out an Obsession but again I'm not buying something without trying it and without having a dealer local.I can't fathom liking anything better as I was pretty blown away by the Halon,I had no intentions of buying a new bow I was very happy with the Heli-m

Hopefully one day you can. When you get ready to have that Halon restrung and tuned, let me know. Ill fix it up right

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
The eagle has landed just picked up the Halon 7

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Group at 25 yds

[Linked Image]

100 gr SlickTrick Broadhead 25 yds

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That'll do, Donkey. That'all do...

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Just ran some arrows over the chronograph 71 lb @ 28" draw length approx. 400gr arrow set up getting 283 fps seems about right for the Halon 7 and a 28" draw

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That won't bounce off much.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Looks nice I think I'm going to shoot one of these along with an Elite Impulse 31

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

707 members (01Foreman400, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10ring1, 62 invisible), 2,661 guests, and 1,159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,151
Posts18,465,027
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.