Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'll ask this then, how do you rate your PM, Member of Parliament, for non Canadians?

Does the MP have the head on straight?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm trying to give him a chance, hes only been in power a few months, yet he has already repealed 2 laws I'm aware of, but I am sure theres more.

For example...he has repealed the law, stripping anyone of their Canadian citizenship who has been convicted of terrorism. I would like someone convicted of terrorism turfed out of my country... please.

I will also predict a "gun registry" under the guise of making our country safer, it will probably be run by the RCMP. Thats just a guess, time will tell.

He's not stupid either, he just got 25,000 new Liberals into the country, so he is also cunning and full of guile.
I was wondering which country he would be good at running? you want him?

My member of parliment isn't a Liberal so cant answer that one...

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
673, do I want him?
No, of course not.

The real problem on both sides of the 49th is the misguided people that support the liberals.

The old, "Something for Nothing".
When will voters wake up, and realize nothing comes free.

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
Ontario residents will have the luxury of paying several new taxes starting in 2017 including a new 4.3 cents per litre "cap and trade" tax on gasoline (4.7 cents per litre on diesel}. Of course, it all goes into the general fund for important government work, like helping Mideast refugees resettle in the province.

Click Here

But wait, there's more! Justin the "boy wonder" Trudeau is actually meeting with premiers of all the provinces today to discuss a nationwide carbon tax, which will raise the price of gasoline even more!

Trudeau is hoping to reach agreement with his provincial and territorial counterparts on a national plan to cut greenhouse gas emissions before he heads to a major international climate change summit in Paris.

The United Nations climate conference, known as COP21, begins Nov. 30 and the goal is to achieve a framework agreement on reducing emissions among all countries in the world.

B.C. Premier Christy Clark has said she expects the leaders will work on a national climate strategy in advance of the talks in Paris. Clark said she will be touting B.C.'s carbon tax, which she calls a world-leading weapon against global warming.

The premiers will also discuss how both levels of government can work in concert with municipalities to bring in refugees from the crisis engulfing Syria and northern Iraq.

Click Here

Now I know the reason I've purchased several old Eagle metal gas cans over the last 3 years. They don't wear out and replacement parts are readily available on Ebay. I hate hauling gasoline in my truck, but that's what's going to happen. I'm also happy my truck has a 47 gallon fuel tank, I haven't filled it up in Canada in years.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I say, when China and some of the other Asian countries start to pay need to carbon footprints, then MAYBE we should look at it. Otherwise drop the whole nonsense.

O, and drop Justine the unemployed substitute art teacher, too!

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

IC B2

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
^^^^^^^ grin

i hear ya Shooter. Untill the biggest polluters out there start to curtail their emissions, nothing we do will make a difference.
Well, except line the pockets of certain people...

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I am not convinced us driving smaller cars and making our cattle fart in gas collectors will do ANYTHING regarding "climate change." I live in northern Ontario. Sometimes we have cold winters like last year, and sometimes milder like this year. Sometimes we get huge snowfall, and sometimes like this year, a smaller amount of snow, and I refuse to be bullied into believing my SUV has had any impact on it.

I would sooner trust something more scientific like a stupid groundhog. Up here, whether the rodent sees his shadow or not, we WILL HAVE six more weeks of winter. Take that to the bank. grin

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Keith, did I understand that correctly??
Justin crawled out from her burrow, saw the shadow of your SUV, and took a bag of methane gas to the bank in six weeks??

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
That is about as close as an Iowanian cattle rancher slash land Baron could come to it. It is YOUR cow farts that are messing it up. AL Gore said so. wink

Brother Keith

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Thanks for helpin' with that Keith.

It makes as much sense as most of what the liberals do?

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Trudeau has 4 years to do the most damage he can to Canada. Did he study in Russia like his Father did?

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Yeah...except what w have now will prove to be far worse. Already is.

Trudeau is destroying Canada.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Could not have been put better !

Good head on your shoulders! Shame people like you not get into politics

Your new boy wonder art teacher is mirroring his path on our failed social justice warrior.no substance

Are the people in Ontario and Quebec that clueless ?

Originally Posted by BC30cal
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter
Geez Louise...a bunch of CPC supporters all bum hurt or what? I haven't read as much whining in a long time. ;-) The fact is Mr. Harper and his crew couldn't maintain the support of a majority of voting Canadians due to their high handed policies, so it's their own fault.

Dumb heads changed the pension rules, so younger Canadians have to work an extra 2 years in order to collect, strike one. They close coast guard stations on the west coast, strike 2. They have no moral obligation to our vets, strike 3.....no need to go on is there, or maybe we should mention year after year after year of budget deficits. strike 4 your out.

CanuckShooter;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope the morning up north is as nice for you folks as this one is shaping up to be.

Since we know each other a wee bit now from a few forums and over a span of years, I'm going to go out on a limb and speculate that you're stirring the pot a bit to see if it'll garner a response?

So then since it's a might early for me to start my outside chores today - too dark still - I'll throw out a couple thoughts that spring to my mind.

The Conservatives went into this election facing almost insurmountable odds as far as retaining power - historically it just doesn't happen.

While it's somewhat in fashion to bash their accomplishments - I'd make a case that the policies of the Harper years allowed both you and I to continue working here in BC - where as we well know jobs and steady work can be variable to say the least.

No, they did not do all things the way I'd like to see them, but as a broad statement and yes sir I am cognizant how slippery they can be - they were trying to balance the budget and not dump us into debt.

Unless I misread your posts sir, you are similar to me and are closer to retirement than the other way around. We've had a decent go of life and have been able to see and do a few things - such as your annual hunting trips.

Speaking personally I'm really and truly concerned that spiraling national debt will be a yoke that our children and grandchildren - I don't have any yet, but I recall you do - will have to deal with.

We've been an incredibly selfish and short sighted generation in my view - history won't be kind to us I don't believe. We should be responsible for our own debt and deal with our own mess in the present - but we don't.....

Trudeau's government spending cannot be maintained, anybody who has balanced their own bank account can see that.

It doesn't cause me personal posterior pain as much as heart ache for my offspring. That's the point of view I'm coming from personally.

Anyway sir, you and your fine family have a good weekend.

Dwayne

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Trudeau, is opening the CCG-Kits. station, for POLITICAL reasons, BUT, as usual with slimy Liberals, he is CLOSING another VITAL CCG station further up the coast......

I actually served a term in the CCG and base my comments on experience, not merely on leftist bias. He will continue to decimate our military and resource agencies, as his vile "papa" did and other Lieberals who followed that poncy poofter also did.

But, be happy, he is giving LOTS more to Injuns, halfbreeds and Muslim "refugees" while increasing immigration by the elderly and infirm from Asia, etc. He is also largely eliminating the requirement for immigrants to speak one of our "Official" languages and security checks on them.

A real winner, the pretty little "selfie boy" withn his "Mooshell wannabe" wife.

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by SNAP
Trudeau, is opening the CCG-Kits. station, for POLITICAL reasons, BUT, as usual with slimy Liberals, he is CLOSING another VITAL CCG station further up the coast......

I actually served a term in the CCG and base my comments on experience, not merely on leftist bias. He will continue to decimate our military and resource agencies, as his vile "papa" did and other Lieberals who followed that poncy poofter also did.

But, be happy, he is giving LOTS more to Injuns, halfbreeds and Muslim "refugees" while increasing immigration by the elderly and infirm from Asia, etc. He is also largely eliminating the requirement for immigrants to speak one of our "Official" languages and security checks on them.

A real winner, the pretty little "selfie boy" withn his "Mooshell wannabe" wife.

Boy, I'd love to see you post this on HBC.....

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Why? I think that much the same has been posted there for months and far more invidious comments are posted about, well, you know......

I think that after "Selfie Boy" has been in office 2-3 years, the comments on HBC (and elsewhere) will be FAR, FAR more harsh and realistic than is now the case.

The job losses, unaffordable housing, healthcare issues and perhaps "terrorism" will be much worse than we have yet seen and the outrage and outcry will become extreme.

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
The electorate didn't really choose this guy, just couldn't vote for either other party. This is not a ringing endorsement at all.This guy is fast becoming as inappropriate as his Dad was as PM.We just have to wait it out

K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
I am sorry but this shows the absolute stupidity of the majority of the Canadian population of the present and future, Placing a substitute drama teacher in the highest position in Canada. Hopefully the Americans have not fallen to the low of the Canadians. Strong & intelligent people are required in top positions, not media do-gooders.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Maybe a deep thinker like, say, Trump?

Jim

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
39.5% voted for him and I can't believe they were so stupid to vote for the substitute teacher. Shows the amount of brainwashing from the media and education system.

Got to say though you do realize the U.S. put Obama into power and is no better. It is laughable to scold us and say "Hopefully the Americans have not fallen to the low of the Canadians"

Originally Posted by KennyT
I am sorry but this shows the absolute stupidity of the majority of the Canadian population of the present and future, Placing a substitute drama teacher in the highest position in Canada. Hopefully the Americans have not fallen to the low of the Canadians. Strong & intelligent people are required in top positions, not media do-gooders.

Gerry.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 56 invisible), 2,935 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,349
Posts18,468,835
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.