Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

We stopped winning when we started worrying about collateral damage. We stopped winning when we wanted to win the "hearts and minds" of the enemy with kindness instead of winning the hearts and minds like we did in Dresden or numerous other German industrial centers. We stopped winning because in modern America winning is something to be ashamed of.

I'll be proud to have a winning America again and those that want to fight us I'll be proud to watch them burn.
Dresden was nothing to be proud of.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Good points B

I'm no Trump fan. But the despicable pos coming out of his own party are making it easier for me to vote for him if forced to do so.

Heard it best on talk radio last night

Read this GOP power brokers. Based on your performance Americans are voting Trump with their middle fingers

Who are your senators?

Lisa (barely a RINO mostly Dem) Murkowski

and Dan Sullivan ( so far I'm pretty proud of him)

makes me ashamed of my fellow Alaskans that Murkowski got in on a write in after she lost the primary race to Joe Miller (not a fan but he'd have been easier to replace than Murkowski, if we didn't like him and he's a damn site more conservative in his views than she)

So Alaska is indeed half of the problem via our two Senators

Our rep. is Don Young, he's been there too long, but he's conservative

if it's any comfort Pat, Cruz won our sorta kinda primary and yes I voted for him. And according to my sources N. Fairbanks where I live is what handed it to Cruz.

Trump's not my first choice, never has been. But what I despise is us eating our own.

I'm proud of mine too. Don't you ever get tired of other people blaming you for the problems that they created?

I do indeed, but liberals/Dems bother me more than fellow conservatives.

many of the liberal/Dems aren't even aware of the problems.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
What bothers me is the disingenuous manner that the moderators posed the question. Unless they're totally naive, they understand that war means killing. And every one of those moderators have been warmongering since day one.

Then they want to single Trump out for his harsh remarks on how he would go after ISIS.

It's a bullshit approach designed to appeal to the bullshit viewers.

As many French civilians died on D-Day as Allied soldiers. There was nothing malicious about it. They were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. 16" naval guns don't discriminate.

People in the path of war die. It's been that way forever.

The only way to stop collateral damage is to stop war. But none of the moderators is in favor of stopping war. They wouldn't have jobs as propagandists if they were.

Anyway,..enough about that.

It was a questioning strategy designed to make Trump look bad.

It's good enough for idiots, I suppose.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I didn't read the whole thread but my opinion is that if these raghead murders think just for one second that their families will be waterboarded and/or killed for fugqking with us and it causes them to snap out of there g-damn brainwashed trance, it would be worth it.

Trump was right when he said these people are animals. I say hit 'em where it hurts. Nothing else seems to work.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

We stopped winning when we started worrying about collateral damage. We stopped winning when we wanted to win the "hearts and minds" of the enemy with kindness instead of winning the hearts and minds like we did in Dresden or numerous other German industrial centers. We stopped winning because in modern America winning is something to be ashamed of.

I'll be proud to have a winning America again and those that want to fight us I'll be proud to watch them burn.

It was an effective strategy in war and helped us win. I like winning and I'm not ashamed of it.

War is nothing to be proud of.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

It was an effective strategy in war and helped us win. I like winning and I'm not ashamed of it.

War is nothing to be proud of.

Well said. And in English not German or Russian.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
last two posts were great

some other good ones too

but bottom line war is hell and it's pretty much to hell with the rules.

dirty bomb suitcases, biological contamination of water supplies.

there's a whole laundry list of stuff terrorist will do (the same terrorists that chop off heads and dismember kids) will do down the road if we don't fire with fire.

did I mention war is hell. lots of fire

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The only rule to war is that if you find yourself in one, you do whatever it takes to win it decisively. Anything less is a grave misuse of our fine men and women in uniform.

We can't make the world like us, but we can make them fear us.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
The only rule to war is that if you find yourself in one, you do whatever it takes to win it decisively. Anything less is a grave misuse of our fine men and women in uniform.

We can't make the world like us, but we can make them fear us.

F'na

This reminds me of the modern day street fight. Most of us grew up in an era where biting, clawing, hitting/kicking in the nuts was considered a pussy move. You used fighting skills and strength to try to knock the fugk out of one another. Now days, it could be a life or death matter depending on who you're scrapping with, so you better be prepared to use the moves formerly known as "pussy"

America right now, is still in that stage where we think it's wrong and we're too proud to kick someone in the balls. Well it's time to wake up and get a pair of pointy boots.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I do not think FDR and Truman would be able to get away with what they did in WWII under the present circumstances in regard to technology. Remember Desert Storm? Gen Schwartzkoff was able to play that war, as brief as it was, in part because technology could be used to show how humane and precise destruction could be. Had it lasted longer, the 'wow' factor would have been overcome by brutal realities. I think we are there now. The carnage of WWII, even Viet Nam, with today's technology, would be more than people would accept.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If it weren't for President Truman exterminating a bunch of rat [bleep] that were trying to kill my Dad and Uncles, some of them might be dead. President Truman was a good man and a hero. [bleep] the sorry [bleep] that started the war.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
I do not think FDR and Truman would be able to get away with what they did in WWII under the present circumstances in regard to technology. Remember Desert Storm? Gen Schwartzkoff was able to play that war, as brief as it was, in part because technology could be used to show how humane and precise destruction could be. Had it lasted longer, the 'wow' factor would have been overcome by brutal realities. I think we are there now. The carnage of WWII, even Viet Nam, with today's technology, would be more than people would accept.
I think the biggest difference between WWII and now, is that a lot more Americans have been brought up to think America is bad, and always wrong. Throw in some millennial wussiness, and we have a simpering mass of Americans that think we are wrong . They think bad cellphone reception is a hardship. They have no moral/idealistic center . They would roll over and die. The modern American thinks you can have a war that is police like. Go get the bad guys, and leave everything else alone. They think the bad guys do not like the US, and are justified in that belief.

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

643 members (10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1973cb450, 74 invisible), 3,042 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,263
Posts18,467,116
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.