Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I always wanted to hunt deer in Ontario above the guide requirement line. Never did though. I have heard locals are quite harsh sometimes at U.S. hunters. Don't know how true it is . I also heard the herd is way down and over hunted from U.S. hunters around Kenora. The land is reasonable though.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ihookem
I always wanted to hunt deer in Ontario above the guide requirement line. Never did though. I have heard locals are quite harsh sometimes at U.S. hunters. Don't know how true it is . I also heard the herd is way down and over hunted from U.S. hunters around Kenora. The land is reasonable though.
I'd recommend go hunt in Alberta or Saskatchewan, lots of trophy deer harvested there, less population and friendlier to non-resident hunters.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
378, I dont need a guide in Ontario though. If they are harsh, I just won't go. Minnesota, Upper Michigan, Wyoming, are good enough for me. I'm a bit surprised at the stories I hear though. I see Canadians every now and then, mostly on Harleys during Harley fests in Milwaukee. I have seen them as interesting.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The way the US dollar is so strong agin the canuck dollar, guides are cheap. check out abhunting.com you will not be disappointed. Trust me.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Ya know, I might do that. I am more interested in bear hunting and I dont think Ontario locals care a whole bunch about bear, do they ?? But when it comes to deer, I will go Alberta or something. Thanks.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm sure Ontario has bear hunting, but without guide good luck in finding them. Unless you know a hunter that can help you out.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
There are some reasonable guide services in my AO.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by 378Canuck
The way the US dollar is so strong agin the canuck dollar, guides are cheap. check out abhunting.com you will not be disappointed. Trust me.

ABHUNTING.COM is an interesting web site, thanks. BTW don't the outfitters in Canada want their fees in US dollars? Every one I have ever been to, and it has only been five, the outfitter didn't give us an option, US dollars only. Check or cash.

USE ENOUGH GUN (Ruark) and YOU CAN'T EVER HAVE TOO MANY (me)
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
It makes it easier for the US hunters not to have to deal with exchange rates, and also gives the CDN outfitter the benefit of not losing on the rate.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by markopolo50
Originally Posted by 378Canuck

ABHUNTING.COM is an interesting web site, thanks. BTW don't the outfitters in Canada want their fees in US dollars? Every one I have ever been to, and it has only been five, the outfitter didn't give us an option, US dollars only. Check or cash.
Normally prices are quoted in Canadian dollars, but you can email all the guide/outfitters to get exact detail. Doesn't cost anything to email them.

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I hunted Alberta for bear a couple of years ago when the exchange rate was close to 1:1. I was pretty excited about maybe being able to afford a moose hunt due to the current exchange rate but all the outfitter websites I have checked say USD and none have reduced their prices that I can tell.

The critters have to win every time, I only have to win once. www.swanspointoutfitters.com
www.lazybar-t.com outfitters
65-43-22-5
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
What Canadian Province will allow a US citizen as a property owner to hunt? If any?

I know Yukon T. will or would in the past allow AK residents same price as resident fishing license.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
i can tell for Yukon you need to be a resident for hunting, property has nothing to do with it. you can be resident only in one jurisdiction.

and yes we are still sharing fishing price for AK and YT people.

i ve heard people from Whitehorse even hunting in Alaska for deer when they were able to do it but now we are aliens ...

Last edited by yukonphil; 03/21/16.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
In Ontario a U.S citizen can hunt deer without a guide if he goes far enough north. I think the line is around HWY 11. Kenora Not. does not require a guide but we only get second season.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Crown Land Camping Permits put a stop to all this.

Yeah, that put a damper on a few camping trips back in the 90's, or at least kept me looking over my shoulder... wink

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

654 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 72 invisible), 2,529 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,683
Posts18,456,356
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.