Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
F
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
My last bow I'll ever buy. Been sick for awhile and lost weight and strength. Just couldn't pull back much poundage. Had to trade in my Mathews DXT 70 lbs for a Mission Maniac 60 lbs. Then I couldn't pull back the 60 lbs. I missed one season of bow hunting. Then I started looking for the answer to my problem of being weak. Just to let you know where I was at with sickness I went from a 42" waist down to a 36" waist. My weight went from 225 lbs to 175 lbs.

Here I was shopping at Bass Pro and spotted this Orange and black camo bow. It was a Bear Cruzer. Factory set at 70 lbs with 26" draw. I read the tag which stated : Draw Length 12" to 31" and Draw Weight was 5 lbs to 70 lbs. I'm thinking how the heck could this be possible. It came with an extra set of cams for lower draw and weight. All excessarries where Trophy Ridge. Picture a riser with orange and black camo. the string was a mix of orange and black. Whisker Bisquit was orange and black. I thought it looked pretty neat so I made the purchase. I had the bow counter set it up for what weight I could draw which was 45 lbs. Minimum for NH is 40 lbs. This bow is a perfect starter for a young archer. Start at low weight and draw so as he gets older it can be adjusted further to fit him or her better. I draw this bow back every night and I'm gaining strength. I've also gained some weight so now I'm at 190 lbs. I've even gained mass in my upper torso. I'm on medication for being a Diabetic plus my Diagnosis with Chrons. I think I spelled it right.

It's not a top of the line bow but for a starter bow it's nice enough and shoots quiet. I can't post a picture with this new laptop. I don't have the wire for the USB port for my camera. This is definately a 1 bow fits all.

I forgot to mention that it came with everything. You just need arrows. Trophy Ridge 5 arrow quiver, whisker Bisquit, Stablizer, string loop and wrist band. Be my guest if you have a picture. Post it. Price out the door was $399.99 all set-up and ready to hunt.

Ken

Last edited by firearms44; 03/06/16. Reason: PRICE
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That'll work beautifully. Hoyt makes one similar (Ignite), as does Mission and G5, that I know of. The doors these bows open - or in your case keep open - are nothing short of amazing.

Good luck with it, good hunting, and maybe the gods of the hunt smile upon you this fall.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Nice congrats and best to you!

[Linked Image]

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

F
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
Thank you for the blessing. There is nothing like Bow Hunting. Anyone can put a cross on a deer and pull the trigger. Want to be this guy again.

[Linked Image]

Nov 11 2015 I felt good enough after treatment with medication to do what I love to do and live for.

[Linked Image]

Meat in the freezer.

Ken

F
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
George - Thanks for posting the picture. Love your video of your hunts. Forgot to say that it also came with a Trophy Ridge 4 pin lighted sight.

Ken

IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Nice Ken glad you can get back at it!

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Nice post Ken, I hope you have a great fall and many more to come.

You're so right, there's nothing like bowhunting!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Glad you found something that works for you. Many manufactures are producing bows with huge draw length and draw weight ranges these days. As mentioned they are an excellent choice for young growing archers........or some of us on the other end of the spectrum.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Blessings. You are not alone, my self fighting a neck issue that has me concerned about my ability to make my Wyoming Elk hunt. But I will keep on keeping on.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
It really is amazing the bow you can get for the $ these days. This is great!

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Glad to hear you are still in the game!

The new "bows" today are amazing. They are such that you can't miss basically. Just like putting that X on the deer and pulling the trigger.

I've not shot my compound for 2 years, walked out and shot 2 arrows to confirm, and went and shot a deer and hour or two later.

Glad to hear you are still enjoying it! And that technology allows such.

Lately I"ve run out of time required to bowhunt the last number of years, and after over 100 head of big game with bows of all types, I just more or less have gone back to the gun to make the most of the time I do have.

I hope to see that change if I live long enough to semi retire and then retire.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ken,
Congrats on getting back "in the game". You may be mistaken however. I can't count the number of times over the years at which point I upgraded bows stating, "this is it, my last bow, it's awesome". Eventually, every two years, maybe three, I have to get the latest and greatest to find out, yes, they have improved. Good luck and keep at it.

Thomas

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I bought my son a Cruzer . It is very quiet and a great shooter . Congrats on the purchase

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

713 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10ring1, 60 invisible), 2,608 guests, and 1,175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,146
Posts18,464,986
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.