Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Just bought one of these Friday after reading this post !

[Linked Image]

It was on sale for $279.99 on Friday and Saturday for the blued version.

Stainless was $319.99.

Old Fishermen never die, we just get reel tired.

May you build a ladder to the stars
and climb on every rung.
May you stay......Forever young
BP-B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
how easy is the buckmark to break down for complete cleaning? the ruger is somewhat complicated and every time i do it i feel like a monkey screwing a coconut. my ruger seems to gum up easily too.

My diploma is a DD214
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Here's a pic of my pin gun in retirement. It was topped with a Tasco red dot and was fed Win Super-X almost exclusively. The gunsmith who did the comp must have used red loctite on the front mount screw since I cannot break it loose. As a result, it has never been fully disassembled in tens of thousands of rounds. Still runs like a champ!

[Linked Image]

The last one I bought was a standard model. If memory serves me correctly, it was $150 on sale with a $50 rebate from Browning.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My Ruger gets the BoreSnake treatment and an occasional dosing with Gunscrubber, followed by a squirt of Break-Free in its innards. Runs fine, once I get that tricky first round loaded straight. Pretty good pistol for $250, actually.

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by rem141r
how easy is the buckmark to break down for complete cleaning? the ruger is somewhat complicated and every time i do it i feel like a monkey screwing a coconut. my ruger seems to gum up easily too.

That's weird. I can have my ruger apart in 3 seconds. Clean it in 2 minutes and have it back together again... whistle

Alright, I just cleaned mine since I had a bowling pin shoot yesterday. It wasn't real dirty, but wanted to time myself just to be sure I'm not smoking crack. My numbers were off a bit:

9 seconds to disassemble and 4 minutes and 19 seconds total time to clean it and re-assemble. whistle

Last edited by bsa1917hunter; 05/08/16. Reason: :whistle:

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Don't forget to look at the Ruger SR22

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by rem141r

That's weird. I can have my ruger apart in 3 seconds. Clean it in 2 minutes and have it back together again... whistle

Alright, I just cleaned mine since I had a bowling pin shoot yesterday. It wasn't real dirty, but wanted to time myself just to be sure I'm not smoking crack. My numbers were off a bit:

9 seconds to disassemble and 4 minutes and 19 seconds total time to clean it and re-assemble. whistle

you need to show me how to do it then.

My diploma is a DD214
R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Late to this talk. I hate Ruger. Its the one I'd buy though, many more aftermarket things available for it for sure. Thats a big reason to me.

Plus the ones we bought way before Bill screwed us, are extremely accurate.

By that I mean a slabside i have somewhere in the safe will shoot wiht standard velocity, under an inch for 10 shots at 50 yards..

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by rost495
Late to this talk. I hate Ruger. Its the one I'd buy though, many more aftermarket things available for it for sure. Thats a big reason to me.

Plus the ones we bought way before Bill screwed us, are extremely accurate.

By that I mean a slabside i have somewhere in the safe will shoot wiht standard velocity, under an inch for 10 shots at 50 yards..

I have a Mark III competition (slab side) that will manage 1/2 inch groups at 25 yards with a scope off a rest. A new gun this year.

I shoot the stock trigger and have all the lawyer features that shipped with the gun. call me lazy? But for those who care, all the legal crap can be removed and replaced.

I believe this gun was designed by Bill Ruger and the standard version was his first product. The lawyers and some commie states screwed up the gun. Bill may have passed prior to the MkIII. Dont know, what I do know- It is an EASY fix to get back to a MkII featured gun. There was some improvement in the magazine release. Not the block, that can be backed out.

The MkIII fluted hunter is a really cool looking gun if anyone cares about style.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Shoot both if you can before buying. I had 3 different models of Ruger before I got a Buckmark. I never tried the 22/45.
Many prefer the Ruger.

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Mastered the Ruger disasembly as a kid.
Like the 6 7/8" tapered bull bbl the best.
Ideally get a Mk2 and have it D&T, Volq trigger stuff.

I had a Mk1, minty. Let my cuz buy it.......as my old HS Sharpshooter came back up for sale. That thing was wicked.

But my eyes got worse, so it went bye bye.

TC Super 14 scoped proly my next tree rat weapon.

Have shot other HS and the Sharpshooter just felt the best to me (and looked best). I do have a fond spot for two of my dad's .22 handguns..........the Colt Match Target Woodsman 6" and the Don Nygord 1911 with Kart slide.

If laser can fix my eyes maybe I'll run those down the road.
Just put a red dot on my TC .223...........groundhogs in 2 weeks maybe.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Liked my Buckmark reg with 5 1/2" bbl.
Sold it to a bud that shot the sheite out of it, poured ammo through it for yrs, and it ran like a champ.

Like the slab side regular, and the old grip frame. Think a target model with overtravel and adj sear engagement, with the field bbl on it, would be cool. But piecing together one, at today's Buckmark prices............no thanks.

Pops has the 14", and a target 5.5

Rather have the 10" Varmint.....(saw one a few yrs back, dad's buddy scored it cheap- shoulda never told him to look for one LOL).

Last edited by hookeye; 05/14/16.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
i was trying to find a 10 inch varmint when i settled for 5.5 field model. it has served well. the 10's had been sold out and unavailable.

kept a ruger mark2 as a truck gun for years. a lot of vermin fell to that pistol.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I have a 22/45 Ruger slab-sided bull barrel, and it was the fixed-sight model that sold for less than 200 bucks. I spent 30 dollars to buy adjustable sights from Ruger, because having to shoot different brands of 22lr (availability) doesn't work for fixed sights...
I have shot the buckmark at the range (a friend's) and thought it was a great gun.
I really think they are on a "par" with one another.
I agree that you couldn't go wrong with either.

“Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.”
--- Will Rogers
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
The Davidson's "Great Eight" was a nice one.
Old style 22/45 frame.

Hated the old frame. Wish I'd have kept it now (for the swap).

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by Gus
i was trying to find a 10 inch varmint when i settled for 5.5 field model. it has served well. the 10's had been sold out and unavailable.

kept a ruger mark2 as a truck gun for years. a lot of vermin fell to that pistol.

I could get my dad's 14" and have it cut down..........
he has a 5.5 too.

I'd like that w the reg field bbl.

But I dumped my HS Sharpshooter. Hate to admit it, but looks my .22 pistol stuff from now on needs optics. Thought about a new bbl for the HS (man it shot great).........but the classic look of the old gal.......just couldnt stomach putting an optic on her.

So sold her for decent profit.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just shot mine yesterday morning, the Ruger fed everything fine, the Buckmark coughed on some old ammo... but the funny thing was my S&W 41 was choking on several different flavors of ammo.

Either the Ruger or the Buckmark will serve just fine for almost any use.

I prefer Crimson Trace grips on the Ruger...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
727 members (007FJ, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 75 invisible), 2,939 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,770
Posts18,401,519
Members73,823
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.