Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S

Crappie - Cubby lures Mini-mite.

Not sure why but when they don't want to. Bite, they slam these things.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
17.5oz Solvkroken cod jig

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Blue/white or green/white Rapala.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Silver & black Rapala J-7
Bluegill to bass, bows & browns.
[Linked Image]

MOLON LABE
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
River-1/8th black wooly worm pattern Joes Flies spinner, every thing that swims... bluegills, redeyes, crappie, bass, trout, whitebass, walleye, the list goes on...

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Anaconda
Silver & black Rapala J-7
Bluegill to bass, bows & browns.
[Linked Image]

Great lure and one I typically start a day on a river float with. When the chips are down, a bass will hit a plastic worm like a Senko or a lizard, or maybe a fluke, when they won't touch a hard bait. Problem with plastics is they are slower to fish and you can't cover water as fast, if you're bumping bottom. Not as much so with a fluke.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Panther Martins: if you can't catch fish on them, you need to stay home.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't think they even make them anymore but Creme or someone made a plastic crawfish imitation that sunk slowly and got hammered by everything. I got a couple left but i never use them because they remind me of my father in law. Rebel Wee Craw works great for bass and bluegill. Blakemohr roadrunner red with white curly tail or better yet turbo tail works wonders. Round blade for crappie and walleye, willow leaf for white bass.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Devil's Toothpick.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Jigs.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
IC B3

S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
I was kind of surprised to see the rapala J7, I've had good luck with shad rap rapala' a but not those.

Now I have to go look up Devils toothpick... Never heard of that one.
I haven't used Panther Martins either... Rooster tails are what I've been using.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For Az bass Rapala X-rap #6 in silver. 85% of my fish are caught on this lure every season. Working a jerk bait will wear you out. I have a 6' super light rod with a small Pfluger Arbor reel and 6 lb fireline that minimizes the fatigue.

http://www.rapala.com/rapala/lures/x-rap-series/x-rapandreg/X+Rap.html

Last edited by Azshooter; 03/15/16.
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
Salmon love those J7's trolled. Fish don't even have to bite the solvkrokens for them to work. They put food in the freezer.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Hank, I have three or four of those jigs in my barn, we used them cod fishing 30 years ago, I don't know if their worth shipping to ya thou. smile

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
I have a pretty good stash. I know this is the freshwater forum but I couldn't resist. I got all mine from some guy in NJ that literally had a pallet of them. USPS priority was my friend on that deal.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
The jig is ubiquitous,universal,works shallow to deep on everything from salt water species (see above!) to finicky brown trout,and every fresh water species,every where.

It can be fished shallow or deep,so is not restricted as to depth and is deadly in both places;can be fished fast (to cover water) or slow. It imitates everything from tiny crustaceons to full sized baitfish; the style can be tailored to the species.

They are THE universal fish catching bait. The only thing that comes close is some type of spinnerbait of various styles.The right jig will catch fish world wide.

Turn me loose on ANY bass lake in the country with the right jig,and I will get bit.....even if I have never seen the place before.

Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BobinNH
The jig is ubiquitous,universal,works shallow to deep on everything from salt water species (see above!) to finicky brown trout,and every fresh water species,every where.

It can be fished shallow or deep,so is not restricted as to depth and is deadly in both places;can be fished fast (to cover water) or slow. It imitates everything from tiny crustaceons to full sized baitfish; the style can be tailored to the species.

They are THE universal fish catching bait. The only thing that comes close is some type of spinnerbait of various styles.The right jig will catch fish world wide.

Turn me loose on ANY bass lake in the country with the right jig,and I will get bit.....even if I have never seen the place before.

You got that right! Mr Twister sassy shad has landed me many a trout. My old boss was a hardcore fly fisherman until he saw how effective jigs were, now he owns an impressive collection.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by ingwe
Panther Martins: if you can't catch fish on them, you need to stay home.

That gets my vote. My "one size fits all" for trout fishing is a 5 to 5-1/2 foot spin rod, open faced reel loaded with 4 pound maxima, and a handful of 1/16th oz "classic gold" panther martins. If I can't catch trout on that, they can't be caught.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Yep! And Ive found them as effective on bass and brim. I even waded out into the surf in P.C. Florida a long time ago and caught Spanish Mackerel and Sailers Choice on them.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Hank:

Jig fish. smile

[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (10gaugeman, 204guy, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 51 invisible), 3,151 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,591
Posts18,454,335
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.