Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Anybody had their hands on one? For the price I may try one in 20 ga. Wondering about quality and what choke system they use.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
GB1

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Standard Turkish junk...pass.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
look for one of the Milano model O/U Savage sold a few years back. They are an I Rizzini made shotgun that Savage imported for a while. they are the same mfr that produced the Verona line of O/U imported by B.C.Outdoors years ago. Italian made shotgun and worth the coin.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
If they are Turkish, skip it.

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
K thanks.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Not in total agreement on skipping Turkish... for the money.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
There's not any really good quality 2 barrel guns for under 2K. You can find a few used around 1K and if you are real lucky a bit less.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
you can get a non Browning/Charles Daly branded Miroku for 800.00 or less if you shop around some. also the Verona line O/U made by I Rizzini can be found out there as well in that price range. i'm talking about a solid working mans gun that wont break the bank and will hold up over time.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Ya that!

There's way to many great guns on the used market to buy new junk. Miroku's are a great value in today's market. The cheap Turkish guns dont hold a candle to a Miroku.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There are a lot of reports of the 555 doubling.
555 review

Unfortunately, I then asked my eighty-six year old father if he's like to try a shot or two. The reason it was unfortunate is that on Dad's first shot, the gun doubled, simultaneously discharging both barrels. It was loud, of course, and Dad had the benefit of throwing two ounces of lead out of a six pound gun--taking a few steps backward as a result. It is a good thing we were not shooting three inch magnum shells at the time!

As supplied, the single trigger on the Stevens 555 cannot be trusted. Perhaps this one just slipped through the cracks, but no one would be happy with a "give 'em both barrels" (from time to time) O/U shotgun with a single trigger. Unfortunately, double triggers are not an option. Thus, back to Savage Arms goes the Stevens 555, without remorse.

A quick google search of "Stevens 555 doubling" will give you plenty of reading material.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
There's not any really good quality 2 barrel guns for under 2K. You can find a few used around 1K and if you are real lucky a bit less.

My Franchi Instinct would politely disagree.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Centurion75

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion.
http://www.chuckhawks.com/franchi_instinct-L_shotgun.htm

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

I read that review a couple times when I was researching the instinct before I bought mine. Other then him I had a hard time finding anyone disliking the Franchi.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Handled one in a gun store yesterday in .410. Frankly, I had never heard of them until then, I was impressed by fit and finish for the money, and it was sure a light little cuss. Be a joy to carry, but don't like the sounds of the doubling.

"The day I went to work everybody showed up to watch Johnny Luster work. Well, they had a wheelbarrow there, and said I was to push that thing around all day. I looked at it, then turned around and headed for the mountians..."
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S

I read that review a couple times when I was researching the instinct before I bought mine. Other then him I had a hard time finding anyone disliking the Franchi.

Take what Randy Wakeman says with a grain of salt. He knows his stuff about many things but it is sometimes drowning in the fact that he thinks he is never wrong. I tad bit of arrogance goes a long way in spoiling the whole thing for me...

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by seal_billy

Take what Randy Wakeman says with a grain of salt. He knows his stuff about many things but it is sometimes drowning in the fact that he thinks he is never wrong. I tad bit of arrogance goes a long way in spoiling the whole thing for me...

Agreed!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I've had a couple CZs...eeee gadss Turkish guns....and they have been flawless in function matter of fact I still have a bob white 20 SXS and love it.

The O/u guns just never fit me well

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

132 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 007FJ, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 35, 12 invisible), 1,475 guests, and 791 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,570
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.