hand but touches your heart !!!
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by Elkhunter49
I'm having a hard time finding a place that will let me bring my wife. She likes to take photos as much as I do.

I am sure http://baker3ranch.com/ can accommodate. Right outside of Rocksprings, Tx.

"Non Hunter:
Special Trophy Axis Hunt Package Hunt – $2000. If you would like to accompany a hunter on their experience but not hunt yourself, you can still take in the beauty of Baker3Ranch"

Have not hunted there yet. I will definitely be whacking an Axis this summer. I much prefer August.

Ah Baker Ranch... lots of good game there. Used to guide there for a number of years.

I'd think you could take a good axis there for sure. They used to not want to shoot the axis does really. I'm sure thats changed by now due to population I"d bet.

Camphouse is nothing special, CMU block building. The gals cook some mean meals. The ranch is large, all free range and a good hunt. (there is a game proof area 300 plus acres IIRC with axis and stags in it, but thats a different princing ball game)

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by ingwe
The McFlame has been to Texas a few times...

The Texas stickers are there because Big Stick used up all the skull and crossbones stickers!

And I wanted him to see what a proper rifle in the "petting zoo" looked like grin

How old is the flame gun? I might have had one in TX prior to yours. LOL

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I went last June. Would highly recommend. They are very beautiful deer.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Scott
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by rost495

The Texas stickers are there because Big Stick used up all the skull and crossbones stickers!

And I wanted him to see what a proper rifle in the "petting zoo" looked like grin

Jeff the McFlame is only a tad over a year old....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Nice mounts there guys!

Molon Labe
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Some beautiful animals gents! Nice game room too Poobs!

I'm trying to figure out the logistics of getting from ID to Texas.....and take care of the meat/mounts pieces & parts as I might have a line on a very economical high fence deal.....

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by rost495

Jeff the McFlame is only a tad over a year old....

LOL, then feel at home when you come, my 7x300 flame stock has been around I'd say close to 10 years.... it was called Tequila Sunrise many years ago in the late 80s when I saw the first one like it.... took me some time to get around to ordering one... was so happy when I found Mickey.... haven't had a smith since... until I found my wifes old pair firing partner learned how and will teach me!

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Akbob5
Some beautiful animals gents! Nice game room too Poobs!

I'm trying to figure out the logistics of getting from ID to Texas.....and take care of the meat/mounts pieces & parts as I might have a line on a very economical high fence deal.....

Thanks! but thats my living room.... crazy

I am not kidding when I say every room in the house looks like that......

Except the kitchen and the bathroom...they have a fish motif....

PM me on Texas logistics....after a half dozen trips down there, Im starting to get the hang of it grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I want to hunt those in Hawaii. Seen them in Argentina but have never hunted them.

Before too long I will kill one of those.

IC B3

E
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
A few more to get the fire lit. Axis deer = Texas Hill country.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A true friend is someone who reaches for your
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Truly beautiful places there! Great lighting on the shots too.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Elk,

What ranch is that? It is absolutely stunning. Your one Axis on the right side of the wall is incredible. What did he measure?

Scott
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
39 days and counting.

Already starting to squirm in my seat grin

E
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Thanks guys, Scott the photos are part of the West fork of the Nueces River. Most are from the county roads near Uvalde. I was living there prior to my transfer out here to SE Louisiana. The hard horned Axis in my living room is from a large low fence ranch in Bandera county. I got to hunt the place one time then it changed hands and the new owner is a non hunter. I'm sure it's still got some giant Axis on it! The Axis I killed has mass all the way out and is 34 7/8" X 35". His brows are 14 1/8" x 13 7/8".
I saw him the first morning of the hunt along with another great buck but lost them both for 2 days before finding him with 2 does the last evening right at dark. I got in position and took a shot with basically no shooting light left. I would love to hunt the place again but it's not likely. Here are a few more photos.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
WOW! laugh

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Elk,

It's the nicest I've seen. It has everything one would want.

Scott
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
They are all over my place. Once I get enough of the elk chowed from the freezer I will head out and arrow a doe or two.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Conduct is the best proof of character.
E
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Very nice Ed, I remember a few years back you told me about a giant buck one of your boys was after that lived in your hood. Did he catch up to him?

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
About 15 years ago a friend gave me 15 Axis, he trapped up in the hill country, we put them in a high fence pasture 2500 acres on the west side of the ranch,the damn predators wiped them out in about 2 weeks, they were to tame to live in the brush country down here, so I bought some really wild ass ones from a ranch about 75 miles east of me and turned them out in the same pasture as the first ones, a few have lived but I still don't have a population large enough to hunt, Axis, are my favorites great eating Rio7

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

648 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 71 invisible), 2,518 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,683
Posts18,456,356
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.