Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
never mind the 1st...

Was commenting on how idiotic the state game folks can word things at times

And then we get this from you. Wow.

I guess you think its worded well and clear and makes sense...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Perhaps you learned your lesson to be more specific next time. If you read my post a few down from the top you'd know that I felt it is not worded well and leaves the question as to which .300 unanswered. It is apparent from the responses that nobody here can shed any light on the situation. Perhaps we'll learn the answer from the DNR in the not too distant future.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
The DNR is supposed to specify which .300 when they write it in the 2016-17 hunting regs.
No one knows right now which.
Your gonna have to wait just like the rest of us.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sounds to me a 300 of any flavor is legal..

The beatings will continue until morale improves
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Perhaps you learned your lesson to be more specific next time. If you read my post a few down from the top you'd know that I felt it is not worded well and leaves the question as to which .300 unanswered. It is apparent from the responses that nobody here can shed any light on the situation. Perhaps we'll learn the answer from the DNR in the not too distant future.

My comment was not related to the 300 issue, but to the overall wording which is wildly stupid.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

I bet your wife is continually amazed at what an idiot she married.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
It's not just the 300, 243 does that include 243 wssm? Ackley improved?
I had read that they would need final wording buy July.

As far as wording, what do you expect from politicians, our DNR played no role in this fiasco, It was all politicians!!

Last edited by Boonechaser; 03/31/16.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Scott,
You may have to come north of the river after opening week in KY. We might have a rifle season by then. Bring a 243. If gunswizard approves of such a small caliber firearm for deer and such...

β€œThere are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Wise decision all the way around not to include the .270 in that list.

πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why the idiocy of not allowing cartridges between .24 and .30 caliber? This is one of the dumbest things I've heard of!

IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Scott,
You may have to come north of the river after opening week in KY. We might have a rifle season by then. Bring a 243. If gunswizard approves of such a small caliber firearm for deer and such...

I would but my truck has a cutoff switch, activated by GPS that will not allow me to get more than 20 feet into Indiana.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not gona get in a [bleep] slinging contest with those who choose to nitpick. High powered rifles is just a term used by lots of shooters, no reference necessary. Look again at the list of allowable rifle chamberings/cartridges, they're all pistol cartridges. Please enlighten us which cartridges other than pistol cartridges does current law allow????????
358 WSSM, 358 Grant, 358 Hoosier, 450 Bushmaster, 50 Beowolf, etc. The list in the regs are not a complete list of what is currently legal. If the bullet is .35" or bigger and the case is 1.16" to 1.8" long, it is legal. Lots of charmberings, both commercial and wildcats, are legal under that definition that are not "pistol" cartridges.

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Great to hear about your truck's cutoff switch, we don't need crude trash like you here in the Hoosier state.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Great to hear about your truck's cutoff switch, we don't need crude trash like you here in the Hoosier state.
Yeah we prefer crippled up, opinionated old farts... wink

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by pointer
Yeah we prefer crippled up, opinionated old farts... wink

+1

The beatings will continue until morale improves
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

I feel hurt. I was kinda hoping to see the family with the best dressed man in church.

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Lost interest in posting in the deflave thread have we? You don't seem to have anything intelligent to add here, best dressed man in church is really old stuff kinda lame in fact. Don't you have anything witty or crude to say about the six foot tall vag. pic over there or your buddy 'flave wanking in the pillow? That's more your speed, crude and tasteless.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Lost interest in posting in the deflave thread have we? You don't seem to have anything intelligent to add here, best dressed man in church is really old stuff kinda lame in fact. Don't you have anything witty or crude to say about the six foot tall vag. pic over there or your buddy 'flave wanking in the pillow? That's more your speed, crude and tasteless.

I don't know, you seem to be the one fixated with pillows and man love, you perverted bastard. You must be a Methodist.

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
You plainly don't know WTF you're talking about, no surprise given the content of the majority of your posts. Plainly out of your element here, comments like you've made are more at home in the deflave threads. You two are definately birds of a feather. My religious affiliation is none of your fuggin business.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
The law could go into technical review before June 1st (IIRC) and then more definitive names for legal cartridges be had.

This is for a 4 yr test period.

Remember, politics........to keep hunters, non hunters and idiots in general happy.

The 5 cartridges.....maybe the thoughts along the lines of..........

.243 win for youth, small statured and crippled old farts LOL
.30-30 for nostalgics
.308 and .30-06 for long/short action, pump and autos....general deer hunting types
.300 for the magnum sniper folks (hey somebody in the legislature might have a LE/Mil buddy).

By not naming 5 explicitly they may have helped open the door more. See if it gets to technical review and what that might be.

Error or help in the disguise of error...........who knows?

As for PCR previous.............yeah, intent. The law specs cartridge dims though, so some folks trim other stuff to fit, or make wildcats.

From another forum, the intent of the new 5 was to be of the common versions associated. Supposedly .300 is to mean .300 winmag. But the .300 whisper is legal in handgun so who really knows WTH is going on.

Just be glad they passed something that allows more choice. Now if that means more competition for larger ground, access and or lease prices going up....localized deer pattern changes, harvest data changes or what............

Me? I always wish to buck out before gun season opens.
Doesn't happen much, so is kinda fun to break out the boomstick and put meat in the freezer.

If gun season goes crazy with the change, it wouldn't surprise me to see the gun season shortened or moved back. Rut is right when it opens usually. Pretty nice having it the way it is IMHO.

The changes might benefit some, may not change anything for others, and a some might get F'd in the process. Just the way it is.

There's no such thing as a win-win.

Hopefully most will enjoy the changes.

Last edited by hookeye; 04/02/16.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

117 members (10gaugemag, 358WCF, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 30Gibbs, 18 invisible), 1,978 guests, and 881 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,652
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.