R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Redneck

[Linked Image]

Looks a little saggy, Lee. Did you trade in the white truck?
Yep - new one's even heavier; rated for 26,500# 5th wheel towing and truck GVW is now 14K#

Pin weight at the time of the pic is about 3400#, truck only dropped about 2.5" after hookup. The dualies start out mostly level when empty as compared to a SRW - therefore it looks a tad squatty when pulling..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ironbender

[Linked Image]

Looks a little saggy, Lee. Did you trade in the white truck?
Yep - new one's even heavier; rated for 26,500# 5th wheel towing and truck GVW is now 14K#

Pin weight at the time of the pic is about 3400#, truck only dropped about 2.5" after hookup. The dualies start out mostly level when empty as compared to a SRW - therefore it looks a tad squatty when pulling..
where was the fifth wheel on that one ??looks like it was on top off axel instead of 12-16" in front of it.
norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by EdM
Where do you sleep?

there is a tent lashed on one of the bikes, and a couple of "Paco" pads, thick foam with heavy duty waterproof covers.

Sycamore

Are those Paco Pads from Jack's Plastic Welding? Used to have a couple and they are bomb proof...and extremely comfy!

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
About ready to haul it out of the barn for the season.
Have our first trip planed for the last weekend of this month. By then I hope our snow is gone.
[Linked Image]

My tow vehicle.
[Linked Image]

"The older I get, the better I was"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Originally Posted by EdM
Where do you sleep?

there is a tent lashed on one of the bikes, and a couple of "Paco" pads, thick foam with heavy duty waterproof covers.

Sycamore

Are those Paco Pads from Jack's Plastic Welding? Used to have a couple and they are bomb proof...and extremely comfy!

yes they are the blue rolls on the front of the bikes. tightly rolled. I had a couple made up 2", 24" wide, and 78" long. Raft material covering them, they are stout and waterproof.

front of the bike has a paco pad, 2 camp chairs, and a BIG northface sleeping bag

[Linked Image]

Sycamore

Last edited by Sycamore; 04/04/16. Reason: picture added

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
[URL=http://s842.photobucket.com/user/1Longbow/media/DSCN0002.jpg.html][Linked Image][/URL

Heres mine

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Ha! I knew I had one somewhere. Need a saddle yet....

[Linked Image]

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by EdM
Where do you sleep?

Sycamore

yes they are the blue rolls on the front of the bikes. tightly rolled. I had a couple made up 2", 24" wide, and 78" long. Raft material covering them, they are stout and waterproof.

front of the bike has a paco pad, 2 camp chairs, and a BIG northface sleeping bag

[Linked Image]

Sycamore

EP Saddlery tanker rig?

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
My wife took this one about 30 minutes ago. We are staying in a park while visiting my son who is fighting cancer. Just a phone picture but I like it... and her... and the camper. smile

[Linked Image]

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
New 'camper'.

[Linked Image]

And for my Canadian friends.......
[Linked Image]
How did y'all survive the 20*+ temps?

It was brutal, no?
laugh

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Hunting camp about 50 miles from home. Sometimes a pain to get it there, but it's nice once your set-up! Really nice when you stay there for 3 weeks. memtb

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by las
Need a saddle yet....

Talk to me....

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Originally Posted by EdM
Where do you sleep?

Sycamore

[Linked Image]

Sycamore

EP Saddlery tanker rig?

Yes, the first one I've got that was lined. I think I'll keep buying them like that. That rig is really good for me on an ATV.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Both my wife and I have back related issues so tent camping is no more. We have had this 28' Jayco for about five years and enjoy being spoiled with it. I have two Yamaha generators if there is no power available.

Ready to move out from home.

[Linked Image]

Elk Meadows in Estes Park, Colorado.

[Linked Image]

Lunch break in the Wind River Canyon in Wyoming.

[Linked Image]

Rest stop on Homestake Pass in Montana

[Linked Image]

Larry
"Speed is fine but accuracy is final" - Bill Jordan
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Idared, might have passed you while you were having lunch in the canyon! Pass thru there every day on my way to work. memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by memtb
Idared, might have passed you while you were having lunch in the canyon! Pass thru there every day on my way to work. memtb

Beautiful area. We always enjoy our time going through there. If I remember correctly we hit some road construction there during the summer last year on our way from Casper to Greybull. Did that add time to your daily commute?

Larry
"Speed is fine but accuracy is final" - Bill Jordan
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Term Camping is such a subjective thing. I have owned pack goats for a long time and used them to pack into the alpine lakes wilderness for some of the mose spectacular trips of my life.

I've owned a pickup camper that we used to be able to pull the boat for extended fishing trips while still having the ability to pull it behind us. It was like living in a space capsule but what a blessing to have the comforts it provided when far from home on the river.

Sold the goats years ago when I moved to the east side of the mountains, Then traded the pickup camper for a 22' four season trailer. It's certainly not " camping as I was used to, but more like a mobile apartment, or personal hotel room.

We did this in December of this year. We now have over 30 nights in it and 6500 miles traveled so far. Make no mistake this is not "camping" to my way of understanding the definition. However it makes for a flawless work space and office when I'm on the road, and it is also the perfect base camp for our excursions with the truck. Can't haul the big boat now, but I can haul the Yamaha ATV in the pickup bed, or the Flycraft fishing boat. It also lets us unhook from the trailer and use the truck separately. Not something we could do with the Pickup camper.

Different experiences for sure with all the "camping" options I've utilized. At this point in my life, this 22' four season camper is a blessing of comfort and ease of use.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Elk Camp 2012, Late hunt (Dec) +/- 5000' elev:

[Linked Image]

Deer hunt 2014, Dec +/- 7000' elev:

[Linked Image]

Same camp the next morning. It snowed a bit more and got even colder the next few days, down to around +8F. At my age, that's cold for tent living!

[Linked Image]

Geno

PS, I'm sure leaning towards a setup like Scott's A-Liner.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by JJHACK
The Term Camping is such a subjective thing. I have owned pack goats for a long time and used them to pack into the alpine lakes wilderness for some of the mose spectacular trips of my life.

I've owned a pickup camper that we used to be able to pull the boat for extended fishing trips while still having the ability to pull it behind us. It was like living in a space capsule but what a blessing to have the comforts it provided when far from home on the river.

Sold the goats years ago when I moved to the east side of the mountains, Then traded the pickup camper for a 22' four season trailer. It's certainly not " camping as I was used to, but more like a mobile apartment, or personal hotel room.

We did this in December of this year. We now have over 30 nights in it and 6500 miles traveled so far. Make no mistake this is not "camping" to my way of understanding the definition. However it makes for a flawless work space and office when I'm on the road, and it is also the perfect base camp for our excursions with the truck. Can't haul the big boat now, but I can haul the Yamaha ATV in the pickup bed, or the Flycraft fishing boat. It also lets us unhook from the trailer and use the truck separately. Not something we could do with the Pickup camper.

Different experiences for sure with all the "camping" options I've utilized. At this point in my life, this 22' four season camper is a blessing of comfort and ease of use.

My wife and I loved to go to Central Oregon and just camp under the stars, no tent just a ground tarp and bed roll. Now that we are in our 60s and retired the little camp trailer we just bought will extend our camping season to 12 months. We would still love to really rough it but the bodies say no.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well you can still lay out under the stars with the camper. However now you can get up and go inside away from the swarms of Mossies!

One of the really nice parts of the camper that I never realized up front was that once it's stocked with food and all the things we needed to live, there is nothing but a few clothing items to bring along. I can decide at noon on a thursday I want to go someplace and I'm ready to go by 1:00!

That thing sits in the shop building plugged in ready to go at a moments notice. I no longer have to remember a 1000 things and carefully pack every item into a vehicle, or backpack. It's 20 min to throw clothing together, 20 minutes to add water to the 80 gallon tank, and 10 min to hook up the trailer to the truck.

On our extended trips, I find it quite a nice feature to pull into a rest area and take a nap, watch a movie on a Memory foam mattress, make a nice hot meal, take a shower, etc. Nope.... not camping by my measure, but wow..... this is sweet to have at my fingertips when I need a break from driving.

Walmarts also have a nice policy regarding overnights in their parking lots. I've found that they are comfortable to turn around in as they are usually huge and empty in the distant spaces. Get groceries to stock up, and room to park. Again not camping,... but a hella lot cheaper, cleaner, and more convenient then a hotel when on the road! Plus now lots of them are selling diesel fuel too!

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

398 members (12344mag, 17CalFan, 160user, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 163bc, 32 invisible), 2,591 guests, and 1,011 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,283
Posts18,467,796
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.