Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I can recall as a wee lad, going to a show at the old Wabigoon Hall sixty plus years back.
I'm still not sure if the boys were lip syncing, or singing, but the young fellows were all decked out in western garb, doing "Cool Water".

What do you like, and do you think there is a culture difference with the "States" nowadays?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Toss Ian and Sylvia in the mix and there is no difference between US "country" music back before it absolutely sucked and Canadian music...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
A friend of my dad was likely the fiddle player as was the baßsist and the mandolin player, if it was sixty years ago in Wabigoon, and Betty and Audoline Naumann were likely singing as well. Ah, the days of the old country dances. Alex Parenteau and the swinging tomahawks were likely there too. That band did a command performance for the Queen of England once.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Good morning Keith, it was a bit of culture shock for a young yank when they showed the picture of Queen Elizabeth on the screen, and all leapt to their feet, and held hand over heart.

Meanwhile back at the dance, it seems some family friends, Milt Shoeshack,(that's how it sounded), or Andy Lantz were in the group of cowboys doing the old country standards.
They were all dolled up, silk ties around their necks, and all.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
wabigoon;
Top of the morning to you sir, I trust this finds you and yours well.

We're getting some nice weather here finally, which was nice as we branded 44 calves yesterday. I'll try to get some photos of the changes we're trying up here.

While I used to listen to the local country station a good bit more than I seem to anymore, there are still a few musicians up here who tend to have more Canadian references - in some songs at least.

Our eldest has seen this chap live and reports good things.

We've seen this band twice and I think our eldest has seen them 4 times now. Here's a couple picks with Canuck references.

Skip to 2:10 for the song.

Here's one you in particular might find interesting. wink

Anyway I hear some "country rap" on the local station much to often for my tastes and many of the rest of the songs seem to be written by folks whose vocabulary is limited to "girl", "whisky" and "truck".... frown

All the best to you folks this spring sir.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

IC B2

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Jason Blaine from the Ottawa valley doing a song about his grandad called "They Don't Make Them Like That Anymore".

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by the_shootist
Jason Blaine from the Ottawa valley doing a song about his grandad called "They Don't Make Them Like That Anymore".

Brother Keith;
Good afternoon sir, I trust all is well in your world today.

Thanks for the song - with your kind permission sir.

Thanks and have a good week Brother Keith.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Used to listen to a lot of Canadian stations on the radio back in the day, lots of Canadian C&W...only name I can remember is Wayne Ronstadt. (Sp?) Remember his song, "The Rideau Street Queen." I think.

Mathew 22: 37-39

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Thanks for that, Dwayne. Nailed it.

Brother Keith

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Year S ago, there was a fellow named Hank Snow from Nova Scotia that sang some good country music. Little guy, HUGE VOICE!!

Brother Keith

IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Corb Lund is good

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by bellydeep
Corb Lund is good

Love Corb Lund...

Tim Hus is another good Country Canuck.....

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

431 members (1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 50 invisible), 2,421 guests, and 1,151 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,167
Posts18,465,319
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.