Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
C
CBB Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
I have a Model 700 .243, that collects dust....
Thinking of taking it with me to the 'smith tomorrow for a re-barrel.
I may just go with a 22 or 24 inch fluted bbl or another caliber.

Ideas, suggestions???

Hunt...
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

What are you going to use it for?

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
What components do you have? Assuming you have a bunch of 243 stuff, doesn't make a whole lot of sense to punt on that caliber.
If you aren't fully invested in a particular caliber, I prefer the 7-08.

Buy once, cry once.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Also, as has been said over and over, build around the bullet. Pick a bullet that does what you want really well and taylor your build to shoot that bullet.

Buy once, cry once.
C
CBB Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
I have a few hundred .243 projectiles.. Somewhere around 150 brass. My dad has a .243 so he can have my supplies..

I have some quick .257's... and a .280..
My lil varmint is a .218bee..

What will it be used for?? Varmints, paper, deer...

Hunt...
IC B2

C
CBB Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Oh yeah.. My stepson has a 7-08.. In one year, the caliber has grown on me. But my 25's and 280 will likely be my deer guns

Hunt...
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Possibly a short case 6.5mm? A 260 or 260AI would be fun to play with.

David

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If your going to stick with the 25's and 280 for deer I'd probably go with a fast twist 243 for the targets and Varmints. You could take the money you saved by not having to buy stuff to load another caliber and put it toward optics or new stock ect.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
.473 bolt face would leave me thinking of a 6.5X47.

Or a 22-250 AI...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
6.5x284?

“Factio democratica delenda est"
IC B3

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
How about in .358 Winchester with a 20" bbl? Seems you've got everything below it covered.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by CBB

Ideas, suggestions???

1-8" 22-250.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Great idea Dave, that combo is on my wish list.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Great idea Dave, that combo is on my wish list.

I used to have a friend that questioned its utility. Until he built one.

You'll caress it like an octopus shaped pillow.

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CBB
I have a few hundred .243 projectiles.. Somewhere around 150 brass. My dad has a .243 so he can have my supplies..

I have some quick .257's... and a .280..
My lil varmint is a .218bee..

What will it be used for?? Varmints, paper, deer...

Never build a gun around animals like deer, that you would hunt once a year. Build it with an eye to a lot of shooting and you will be better served with it and you won't get beat up shooting varmints with a deer cartridge...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

C
CBB Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C

1-8" 22-250.

Dave[/quote]

This is interesting, it would shoot the 62 and 70gr Barnes.

Last edited by CBB; 04/07/16.

Hunt...
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
My choice would be .257 Roberts fluted barrel 22" long. Just found a pre'64 Winchester M/70 Featherweight that had been rebarreled, it's the Featherweight Winchester should have made but never did. They did in the later version of the Featherweight though.

C
CBB Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Already have a .257AI, I have a Roberts when I am fireforming cases. No need for another.

Hunt...
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by CBB

This is interesting, it would shoot the 62 and 70gr Barnes.

You will not regret it.

Travis

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by CBB

Ideas, suggestions???

1-8" 22-250.

Dave

Daves idea is the best of the bunch, and it fits in with Shraps logic. He's right on the twist too...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Shrapnel is a cyber-bully.

Travis

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
almost perfect but go .22-250 Ackley 1:8 with a 62grTTSX and you're there

[Linked Image]

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bullets matter more than headstamps and if building...ALWAYS build around THE bullet. Poor poor stupid fhuqking Shrap' wouldn't know if Christ was Crucified,or died of the schits and few "know" less about bullets.

The OEM Big Green SAAMI 243Win in issued guise,will of course do it all and then some. They are twisted/throated right for 105's and have the COAL to arrange VERY nice thangs. I'd simply feed it some Hornie 105HPBT's and heed the reality of being fresh outta excuses,with the newfound splendors inherent.

A 6x MQ would go without saying...just sayin'. Zero'd at 250yds(+2.2" at 100yds),the windshield grants 1160yds of opportunity. 1500yds is but 4.3 Mils,so lotsa elbow room remains there,in a 10MPH full value condition. With 'Horn rings in a 2pc affair,60MOA+ of inclination is easily arranged,which will toss better than 35Mils in the erector.

Tough to beat a DBM for Giggles Utility and the increase in both COAL and capacity,do not compromise fun.

So rather than chase rainbows,I'd always rather start wearing out barrels of merit,that are twisted/throated to grant copious potential.

While I've had herds of 'em,I'm no great fan of the SAAMI 22-250,beings it's such a poor design,leaving so much potential on the table. While 8" is the ticket in .224",it's tough to swoon a 8" SAAMI 22-250.

1-8" Mike Rock VS contoured 20" SAAMI 22-250 in an A5,Badger M4,Reupold MK4 M3 3.5-10x(they suck too),yada,yada,yada.

[Linked Image]

I'd much rather gun a 8" 223 or better yet 223AI(foreground),than a SAAMI 22-250 in ANY twist rate. Awaken the Dragon and a fast twist 22-250AI is assuredly a wicked sonofabitch,if only because I've a few of them too.

Heavy Hart...fast twist 22-250AI,numbers matching M40A1 return,Badger ring/rail,Reupold Mk4 M1 16x,yada,yada,yada. I flog on a Kreiger 1-7.7" in a Classic too.

[Linked Image]

Given the info cited,the OEM 243Win STEALS the fhuqking show and it ain't even fhuqking close. "Trouble" is,the OP is already there and that obvious is too much.(grin)

Double Trouble,because it'll flog on a Bob and Better Bob to boot. Not that it's very difficult to slap a Quarterbore around. Hint.

DBM's inlet easily.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

MQ's smoke MD's...though even a Fixed Fhuqker MD soundly trumps most efforts.

Do a Sig LRF,6x MQ and DBM on the 243 in your mitts.

Thank me later,though it's easy for me to say,mainly because I've got 'em all.

Hint........................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It must be the $hits to wake up every morning like you do and still be as short and stupid as you were in kindergarten...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Same guy who was talking a couple a years ago about what a 'goat fugg' my 8 twist 243 was. Guess he's a coupla years behind. Laffin'!

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
With a standard 22-250 being able to deliver over 3350 fps with 80 grain bullets, I don't see it as being so bad. It's no 223 AI, of course, but it ain't bad.
Still, if you are bored witha perfectly good set-up the way it is, it makes perfect sense to go with something which allows you to get special order dies and spend some quality time forming cases. The 6mm-250AI would do the trick in this regard. Special dies, form cases, and nicely match your 243 for performance; perfect. GD

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by greydog
With a standard 22-250 being able to deliver over 3350 fps with 80 grain bullets, I don't see it as being so bad. It's no 223 AI, of course, but it ain't bad.
Still, if you are bored witha perfectly good set-up the way it is, it makes perfect sense to go with something which allows you to get special order dies and spend some quality time forming cases. The 6mm-250AI would do the trick in this regard. Special dies, form cases, and nicely match your 243 for performance; perfect. GD

LOL

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Why not get the gunsmith to punch the chamber to 243 AI?

Would be keen to see just how much extra performance you do eke from that mod?

C
CBB Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Just had a nice chat with the 'smith today. The choice is still between the 22-250AI and the .243 AI..

We talked 75-105gr pills in various flavors. Left the decision to me and what I decide to go with. I will update when I choose.

Til then I will play with the 140gr accubonds I got from him in my .280....

Hunt...
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
greydog is likely one of the finest smiths you'll ever talk to. He gave you solid advice, albeit tongue in cheek.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Big fan of sardonicism here. Big fan. laugh laugh laugh

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
C
CBB Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C

Standard 22-250 pushing 80gr bullets over 3350? Please enlighten me.

Hunt...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
shrapnel,

I'll feign my "surprise",that the ONLY fhuqking move you have,is to go right to Whining with your Imagination and it's Pretend...so as to avoid ALL things The Rifle. Congratulations?!?

You Opiate Addled Clueless Coke Bottle Fhuqk.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!................

'Nut,

I've never maligned an 8" 243Win and VERY much enjoy that you could conjure enough Imagination and Pretend,so as to "think" otherwise. Congratulations?!?

Now I've ZERO fhuqking doubt,that due your inherent STRUPIDITY,the blueprint was fully botched and an absolute pile of Steaming Schit. Do include the "particulars" and be sure to go for the throat,as you dangle pics to the "contrary". Laughing!

Cain't know which is funnier,the Silence,STUPIDITY,Imagination,Pretend,Plagiarism or outright Lies?!?

Bless your heart,you "lucky" kchunt.

greydog,

Your sheer and utter fhuqking Cluelessness,never disappoints in it's oblivious hilarity,as you do your "best" to convince yourself that you have a first fhuqking clue. Congratulations?!?

Someone who "knows" as "much" as you,is always going to be best served by asking questions,instead of giving "answers". Hint.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..............

Brad,

Your Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqkery grants you an uncanny ability to suck ass. Congratulations?!?

Mebbe chime in with "all" your "experience" in .224 and .243 High RPM offerings and obliviously quantify your magnificent STUPIDITY,just a touch more. Looking forward to the Excuses and the Whine. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...........

'17,

I hear good thangs about the 243AI and 105's................(grin)

SKane,

You are apparently a big fan of Clueless Fhuqks. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............

CBB,

She's talking out her ass...as per her always.

3350fps with an 80 of any flavor,is leaning on a 22-250AI fair to middlin',as you obviously know. It's a fhuqking Pipe Dream in the SAAMI wrapper.

While I've lotsa love for a High RPM 22-250AI,the 243Win in your mitts is a Giant Killer on all levels,with but a modicum of thought tossed in it's behalf.

Sig LRF's are still under 400 clams(I ordered one yesterday and a pard ordered one today) and they are THE pick of the litter. Hint.

MQ's are fixing to be on Sale in but a week and they are THE pick of the litter at more than twice their regular price. Hint.

DBM's are somewhat subjective and not a "must have" in 243Win,but a "nice to have",for reasons cited above. They connect alotta dots. I'd always rather go ADL over BDL,due an increase in rugged reliability and the metallurgical advantages inherent same.

I of course have multiple High RPM 22-250AI's and 243AI's and think highly of both. With a capable 243Win SAAMI in my mitts,I'd do neither one and would simply shoot THE fhuqk outta the OEM spout and with 105's expressly. That'd be ala Lapooey false shouldered positive headspaced 308 Virgins,'17,200's and a square smooched 105 Hornie HPBT.

Mighta ordered a 1-8" 20" SAAMI 243Win Krunchenticker spout last night too,as 105 smooches at 2900fps+ in a Self-Shucker do not suck.

Hint.(grin)

Tried to get hold of Greg today,to order a 1-8" MTU contour for my next 270 build and even more 105's,but this [bleep] Ice Hurricane does reception no favors.

My 8" no-turn 20" 6BR is no slouch and I LOVE it,but a Vanilla SAAMI 243Win has an unbelievable pile driving ass,when launching 105's.

I'd dangle pics,but am trying not to spook the hole and HOPING that these Clueless Fhuqks give The Rifle a whirl...but them odds is gawwdamned fhuqking slim.

For some reason.(grin)

Never been tough to cypher who shoots and who don't.

Laughing!.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
24HR never fails to entertain!

Thanks, gentlemen. smile

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Hey 'Stick, Shaddup!

CBB,
Little Stick, that legend in his own mind, is, as usual, speaking from the wrong orifice.
This velocity was easily achieved, from a 28 inch barrel , mind you, with a liberal dose of 4831sc. Everything about the rifle was just fine except for one thing, it didn't shoot as well as other rifles I had which were also better in the wind. Since it's sole purpose was as a target rifle and I hate to compete with a handicap out of the gate.
Of course, a handicap doesn't stop everyone. Witness the 'Stick. Despite being a brainless twit, he has no problem painting a vebal picture, albeit abstract, of his fantasyland.
I strongly suspect the 22-250 would be hard pressed to hit 3300 from a 24 inch barrel. I can't say what the AI version would because I've not tried it; nor will I. I'm sure the 'stick has tried it or, at least imagined it, and will cheerfully spew forth on the subject. GD

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'd rebarrel it to a .243.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
C
CBB Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Okay, so after the chat with the 'smith yesterday as well as the spirited musings posted here... Reading load data and some specs.

How has everyone fared with the 80gr ttsx or similar in the .243? That bullet should provide around 3300fps and handle anything from paper to yotes and deer quite easily.
If I want to shoot a 100+ gr projectile I will shoot either of my quarter bores.

Hunt...
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by CBB

Ideas, suggestions???

I'd keep it a 243. Put the money into a McMillan for it and the best scope you can possibly afford. Then shoot it a lot.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by BobinNH
Originally Posted by CBB

Ideas, suggestions???

I'd keep it a 243. Put the money into a McMillan for it and the best scope you can possibly afford. Then shoot it a lot.

Something like that....you don't need a McMillan, put a B&C stock on it, if you rebarrel, make it a slow twist, don't need the most expensive scope, A Leupold VX2 will do, put it in windage adjustable mounts, keep your old style Remington trigger,and Don't use any H335 in it, and shoot bullets with a BC under .500 This will all make Stick happy to post more drivel, and wonder of wonders, it will still shoot accurately, work well, and kill schitt! laugh

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My experience with 85 TSX is stellar out of a 243 at 3000-3200fps. Accurate in the rifles I have (have had) and performance on game outstanding with Varget, H4350, N160, IMR4064 and R17. I'm sure no difference could be seen with an 80 ttsx, but the ttsx has a better reputation for consistent expansion with the tip, over the TSX I've used. I've not caught a TSX yet, nor lost an animal, but large deer are still kinda soft, though I've taken a few large boars and not captured one either.

A 95NBT is a 'Fire favorite for deer and such, I've killed more than a few critters with the old Sierra 100GMK, and to Little Stick's credit, the 105 Hornady has dropped a couple of deer for me.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Awaken the Dragon and a fast twist 22-250AI is assuredly wicked....

So, why not make the extra step, if you're gonna step away from a 243, and go for a 22/308?

I agree with the dislike of the 22-250 in its commercial form, don't care for it.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
lapdog,

What were the "odds" that a steaming piece of fhuqking schit rifle that you built...wouldn't shoot for schit? Congratulations?!?

Besides being CLUELESS in the assembly,you also botched barrel length and powder selection,along with projectile selection. At least you are consistent,you "lucky" kchunt. Laughing!

I'll feign my great "surprise",that you are cLUELESS in regards to the 22-250AI as well. I'm crying I'm laughing sooooooooooooo hard,you AMAZINGLY Stupid Fhuqk.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.................

'B,

The 243 will slap your Quarterbores around,due superior bullets. Hint.

The 80TTSX in the 243Win hamstrings it greatly,though 3300fps is a breeze. Hint.

Shame to take a great chambering a feed it projectiles,that by literal design,reduce it's inherent splendor. Hint.

Pardon my being afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess,as I shoot 'em all. Hint.

1000 words.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Now some good stuff. Hint.

[Linked Image]

Don't be in such a hurry,to make bad decisions. Hint.

The Hornie 105HPBT is ruggedly reliable,sensational in flight characteristics and terminal affects,as well as being less than 21-cents per poke. The 80TTSX is a Ping Pong Ball,compromised heavily in all ways and is 56-cents per launch. Hint.

Though the 80TTSX enjoys a 350fps velocity headstart,the 105 is within 65fps at the 200yd line. Hint.

It is faster before you hit the 300yd line and it runs away from there in non lineal fashion. Hint.

With a 250yd zero for both,the 105 "suffers" less than a 1/2" more drop at the 400yd,though the drift is 5-inches less. Hint.

Read that all again,now one more time and let 'er sink in.

You've been led to water.

Re-hint.................

'NH,

I hear good thangs about a 105 in a SAAMI 243Win,steered with a 6x MQ.

Never heard of McMillan though.

Laughing!.............

'Nut,

You were fhuqking nearly brazen enough,to TRY to talk about your Goat Fhuqked piece of fhuqking schit 243 and I "wonder" why you didn't dare? Congratulations?!?

Is there NO end to you STUPID Fhuqkers STUPIDITY?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............

'28,

I shoot CHeetah too,which is 22-308 case capacity and a smidge.

The 22-250AI is the best wrapper,from which to extoll meaningful .224" BC's,on a .473" boltface. She
's the best blend of capacity to COAL,as quantified by logistics and superlative brass.

Hint.....................

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm sure the 'stick has tried it or, at least imagined it, and will cheerfully spew forth on the subject.

That's why his campfire handle should always have been Big Spew...

Aside, I'm with those that counsel the original 243. Like Bob said, wrap it in a McMillan and shoot. You'll be aggravation, time, and money ahead.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by bellydeep
I'd rebarrel it to a .243.

Har!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by BobinNH
I'd keep it a 243. Then shoot it a lot.

When owning a perfectly viable cartridge turns to boredom it's time to begin shooting more & playing with different bullet/powder load combinations. That'll turn boredom into a renewed appreciation for said round.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
'28,

The 22-250AI is the best wrapper....as quantified by logistics and superlative brass.

Good brass definitely would be the foundation.

Robert E. Lee
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

'Nut,

You were fhuqking nearly brazen enough,to TRY to talk about your Goat Fhuqked piece of fhuqking schit 243 and I "wonder" why you didn't dare? Congratulations?!?

Is there NO end to you STUPID Fhuqkers STUPIDITY?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............

Here's one. It's a superlative rifle with a OEM 10 twist, blued, walnut, extra short throat. Kisses at ~2.5 COAL with 70 grain Speers over BLC2 at a scorching 3200 fps. It's a one-holer for 2 shots at 50 yards. I can go long range to 200 with the incredible versatility of the Ruepold with only holding a couple inches over wayyyyy out there!
Handles submersion in salt water creeks, and I've yet to split the durable walnut when hauling in 12" trout and c-mackin 'em over the head to subdue the mighty beasts.

[Linked Image]

Laffin'!

Nut

Thomas Jefferson

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I wish people would stop quoting Stick in their replies. I have him on ignore, but when you quote him, I still see parts of his posts.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by CBB

Ideas, suggestions???

Maybe you should shoot it..... never been bored by actual shooting.... especially when it comes to 6mm's of any ilk.....

Or...... you could turn on the Outdoor Channel..... Lay behind the rifle..... Aim it at the TV.... and yell "BANG!" when you see a nice Whitetail buck. That passes as "shooting" for most folks around here.....

Or..... you could send JeffO a PM..... he's skullphucked the schitt out of every possible rifle/caliber/bullet/optic/mounts/etc..... I'm sure he'd have some solid advice for you...... laffin'.....

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey 'Stick, Shaddup!

CBB,
Little Stick, that legend in his own mind, is, as usual, speaking from the wrong orifice.
This velocity was easily achieved, from a 28 inch barrel , mind you, with a liberal dose of 4831sc. Everything about the rifle was just fine except for one thing, it didn't shoot as well as other rifles I had which were also better in the wind. Since it's sole purpose was as a target rifle and I hate to compete with a handicap out of the gate.
Of course, a handicap doesn't stop everyone. Witness the 'Stick. Despite being a brainless twit, he has no problem painting a vebal picture, albeit abstract, of his fantasyland.
I strongly suspect the 22-250 would be hard pressed to hit 3300 from a 24 inch barrel. I can't say what the AI version would because I've not tried it; nor will I. I'm sure the 'stick has tried it or, at least imagined it, and will cheerfully spew forth on the subject. GD

28" barrel...well [bleep], that would be a joy to carry deer hunting.

Dave

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Classic 'Stick response but I'm sensing a lack of real conviction lately. It's not like it bothers you to play the fool so go ahead, break loose!
Seriously, what would be a better powder choice, in your estimation? The 4831sc produced good velocity and there was still more room in the case even with that slow powder. I was to try a faster powder, I would only further reduce loading density; not that I think that is all that critical.
I'm planning to try some 4451 soon but I wouldn't even consider it if you don't concur.
By the way, shooting poorly as it does, it still beats 1/2 minute for long strings so it doesn't totally suck.
Oh, and throw in some more salmon or steelhead pics; I like 'em. GD

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CBB

Ideas, suggestions???

I'll trade you straight up for my 700 VTR in .204 Ruger. Then you can go slay poon dogs and I'll use the 243 for deer here in Indiana. Got a pile of 105 hybrids to run through it too!

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by OlongJohnson
I wish people would stop quoting Stick in their replies. I have him on ignore, but when you quote him, I still see parts of his posts.

AMEN!

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.
R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by CBB

Ideas, suggestions???

1-8" 22-250.

Dave

I've shot his gun at 1000 yards...it was impressive to say the least.....I need to build one myself....

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Hope you get it worked out.

I found that my desire for building a rifle diminished in proportion with the amount of time I spent shooting the ones I had.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
MQ's are fixing to be on Sale in but a week

Jeff_O, this may be your big chance.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Brad,

I'll feign my fhuqking "surprise" that you and the rest of The Paper Hat Brigade,skirted All rifle particulars. What were the "odds"? Congratulations?!?

Few are as fhuqking CLUELESS as you. At least Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt.

Bless your heart.

'28,

Lapooey '250 brass is purty Skookum. .224" performance gains come with heavy concession,once 22-250AI capacity is eclipsed.

A fast twist 22-250AI is a wicked fhuqking machine and more than a few pards are leaning on them as Mainstay Utility Rifles,ala 1st Gen Ti and Montucky builds. Dick Rifles are held in their rightful high esteem in these parts and do alotta nice thangs,with 75's at 3450fps+.

[Linked Image]

The SAAMI 243Win and a 6x Fixed Fhuqker connect alotta dots with 105HPBT's at 2930fps in a 20" Krunchenticker and MPAJ Hasty Fire.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Tough to whoop an OEM Big Green 243Win.

Hint..............

'Nut,

It's your Imagination,Pretend with it as you MUST. Congratulations?!?

I getta kick outta your Goat Fhuqk Safe Queen steaming piles of fhuqking schit,that never turn a gawwdamned lick. You "hard chargers" are a fhuqking hoot.

LOVE the windage adjustable rears,firewood handle,schit scope,rust bucket metal and Do Nothing Dumbfhuqkery,in no particular fhuqking order.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..................

DumbfhuqkJohnson,

The ONLY thing funnier than Imaginary Pretend Ignore,is that when you follow my every word and pixel,to take time to Whine and cite your Imaginary Pretend Ignore is "broken". Congratulations?!?

You poor poor Amazingly STUPID Fhuqk.

Bless your heart.

'shooter,

The OP don't want facts,she wants vindication from Clueless Fhuqks,that her Dumbfhuqkery is "founded".

This schit never ain't not funny.

Hint..................

RDW,

Poor poor STUPID 'dog,is farrrrrrrrr from having a first fhuqking clue,or getting off her kchunt. Though she has a vivid Imagination and has Pretended alotta thing.

Reality reliably collides with her Fantasy,which is one of many reasons she's always loathe to cite particulars.

I'm always torn on which is fhuqking funnier,the Whine or the Excuses.

Laughing!....................

'dog,

I've zero doubt you set wantonly upon your couchbound kchunt,for the never ending installments of Splendid Pixels I grant you the opportunity to gawk,so you can say you've "seen" the Outdoors. Congratulations?!?

You couldn't poor piss out of a fhuqking boot,or knock the new offa used pair. Funniest part is,even someone as fhuqking STUPID as you...knows it too.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.....................

'7man,

The 105 Hybrid is purty gawwdamned fhuqking zookie,even at 243Win SAAMI velocities(I shoot 243AI,6mm,6mmRemAI,6-284 and 6-06 too). Hint.

It cain't begin to hang with the robustitude of the 105 Hornie HPBT.

[Linked Image]

You've been led to water.

Hint.....................

TAINT,

You incessantly Whining Do NOTHING Kchunt...besides being a Clueless Fhuqk,you are also a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit. Congratulations?!?

Don't "forget" that you "can't read this".

I'm crying...I'm laughing sooooooooooooo fhuqking hard!!!

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.................

RJM,

I shoot alotta stuff,wayyyyyyyy past the 1000yd line. The 8" SAAMI 22-250 ain't warm or fuzzy,prolly because I shoot a whole bunch more than a whole fhuqking 'lotta chamberings/twist rates.

Pass the 8" 223AI instead...mainly because I've got 'em all.

Hint.................

GB,

I've never had a build slow down my trigger time and I'm never not looking for a better way.

Tough to whoop a 105 Hornie HPBT flung via Smooch,in issued confines...in regards to bang for the buck. It'll reliably slap alotta bigger schit around and one will never not have fun doing it.

I never was any good about wondering and was always at ease in procuring and flogging upon same,if only in the interest of R&D. One can learn a few things by actually shooting and by extrapolating a multitude of blueprints in side by each comparisons.

Not all things is equal,nor close.

Hint....................(grin)

'fight,

She's so fhuqking mired in her innate Stupidity and broke dick ways,that she'll always be wondering about everything.

Though in fairness...she likes to prove it over and over.

Laughing!

Never been tough to cypher who shoots and who don't.

The Paper Hat Brigade came REAL close to talking rifle particulars,but for some strange reason,not one of the dumbfhuqks DARED.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm laffin' reeeaaaal hard! Crazy are some, that call others stupid. Stick you have no idea how much I enjoy hooking and playin' you like the dumb as schit feesh you are.

Nut

Thomas Jefferson

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
And we have the new "my ammo won't chamber" thread.Congrats?

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It is an interesting Delusion and a right proper Dichotomy,that these Dumbfhuqks "think" that being fhuqking STUPID,is somehow a "sneaky" advantage and a Secret Squirrel "Ploy".(grin)

I'm simply afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess,due the fact that I shoot it all and am at ease in relating those findings. Not all wares is equal,which really floors Window Lickers. Laughing!

The Safe Queen Drooling Dumbfhuqk Chronicles are indeed fhuqking hilarious,but there is little danger of there being a run on Blued/Walnut Goat Fhuqks and Retard Twist Rates for Ping Pong Ball Launchin',no matter how much these "hard chargers" set on their couches with their Imaginations and Pretend operating at full throttle.

Wanna see sumptin' funny?!?

'Nut dangle a pic of that Steaming Pile Of Fhuqking Schit in "action". That's ALL that it takes to stump 'em. Laughing!

It don't take much more than a single 105 A-Max poke from a 20" 1-8" no-turn 6BR,to crush all of her Fantasy and trump her "life's" efforts.

200yds+. Hint.

[Linked Image]

Funny how it actually works and I mean fhuqking FUNNY!

For some "reason",I don't look for The Do Nothing Gang to mention ANY rifle "particulars",but there assuredly will be more Whining and Excuses.

I reckon I could dangle some 22-250AI stuff too,if only to fuel the fires of their Imagination and it's Pretend.

400yds+. Hint.

[Linked Image]

Will it be a buncha Do Nothing Dumbfhuqks talking out their ass,about rifles,chamberings,twist rates and boolits they've never seen or shot?

Of course...it's THE only thing they can talk about in the first hand.

Laughing!...............

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Some of the pictures are not all THAT bad though the captioning, as usual, is nothing but pitiful bluster.
Keep trying. I'll be out shooting most of the day but look forward to seeeing your efforts when I get back in. GD

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Sig LRF's are still under 400 clams(I ordered one yesterday and a pard ordered one today) and they are THE pick of the litter. Hint.

Where are you getting a sig for <400?

Hell...Reloading/Shooting are still my favorite things to do,besides play in the box the kids came in.................
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You stupid little dwarf. You still haven't figured it out!

Yet you post the same 20 year old pic that you've posted over, and over, and over again of the same bear. You have sure are proud of that bear you once killed back in 95.

You will understand: "Congratulations?"

Laffin'!

Last edited by 1Nut; 04/10/16.

Nut

Thomas Jefferson

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I bet he's got more dead bear pics than you've got brain cells......

By the way..... is your handle the contents of your sack.... or your mouth?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wow. You mad that I picked on your boyfriend?

Laffin'!

As far as my 'handle', I will explain it to you since my three brain cells (about as many bear pics as Stick has) seem to be fully myelinated in stark contrast to most of those owned by a few here:

'Nut' is a Polyseme, similar to a homonym. Context is everything. Maybe that is enough of a 'hint' for you...maybe. I will speculate you are intelligent enough to figure it out from there. wink

Last edited by 1Nut; 04/10/16.

Nut

Thomas Jefferson

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
There are those who can read and follow sign..... and those who are destined to spin one on a street corner in front of a pizza joint. 1Testicle..... my dim witted chum.... you, are obviously the latter.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My speculation was unfounded. However, I will consider that we are 'chums' a real chance to become close I-net buds. Of course, you could just be 'off your nut'.

I may enjoy conversing with you nearly as much as with Stick.

Laffin'.

Nut

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'dog,

A "good" day for you,is one in which you don't schit your pants. Congratulations?!?

I'll feign my "surprise",that you hit FULL Reverse on your Rifle Delusions and shut right the fhuqk up. Who in the fhuqk,didn't see THAT Coming? Laughing!

Purty slow here...only had opportunity to sneak on (1) Woof in these 50+ mph winds and driving snow today.

[Linked Image]

Bless your heart.

'LBS,

You lingered...they are gone.

Hint..............

'Nut,

I'll feign my GREAT "surprise",that your Imagination and Pretend are on WFO...as you Whine,make Excuses and flaunt your very WELL founded Insecurities. Congratulations?!?

Your "knowledge","experience" and "results" are all fhuqking HILARIOUS. Didn't mean to shake you up soooooo badly,by simply daring you to post a Pic of your Ratly Dink "Conquests" and hilariously dismal Goat Fhuqk blueprints. Laughing!

Looking forward to your next Whine and even more Excuses and am on pins & needles in anticipation of the Plagiarism,Drooling Dumbfhuqktitude and outright Lies...that are so "real" to you.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............

'shooter,

She's doing the BEST she can,with what incredibly little she has to work with,as she sets on her Couchbound Kchunt and feverishly flaunts her Imagination and it's Pretend.

Very "surprising",that none in The Paper Hat Brigade will touch anything germane in regards to The Rifle. Give or fhuqking take. Laughing!

These "hard charging" Window Licking Clueless Kchunts are a fhuqking hoot.

Wow +P++....................

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Full reverse? Rifle delusions? What the heck are you talking about? Once again, you spew forth but provide no real substance.
You deride my choice of barrel length (actually a good length for a 1000 yd target rifle)choice of powder (though it worked pretty good)and choice of bullets but didn't put forth any alternatives (I've also used 80 Hornady's and 75 Bergers). I think you didn't offer any constructive alternative because you really don't KNOW.
As I said at the end of my last post, I was going shooting. You'll be happy to know that I couldn't hit my butt with both hands today and am only glad there weren't too many people to witness it. I have no problem admitting it, however, because I don't have to try and prop up my ego with bombast and BS. Hard as it might be to believe, some people do!
That old wolf in the picture is sort of representative of how I sometimes see myself. Photo shop a little Yorkie yapping around his feet and that would be you talkin' to me. GD

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Geee Stumpy....

reading this thread, its pretty sad to see your Big Schtick Emergency Response Team has abandoned you on the Campfire...

and now hungover as hell, you are forced to 'defend your honor' on your own...

but too bad there are so many who are so hard on Stumpy...

I mean, it ain't easy trying to act 10 feet tall and bullet proof, when in reality you're 3 ft 3 inches and can barely stand since you're hung over so bad....

it ain't easy being Schtick....

The internet legend in his own mind.. which is an achievement when you consider his Lab "Hutch" has double the IQ that Stumpy possesses...

I figure Stumpy also has to type on his keyboard standing up... considering how much crap he posts on one post.. while complaining about people sitting on their couches...
Ironic isn't it....

hope you don't wake up drunk again Stumpy... those precede the very worst of hangovers, don't they?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Stick,

You KNOW I'm all about slow twist, low velocity, blued steel and purty wood. Also, I take awesome cell phone pics of nothing and rarely shoot more than a couple times a year. Geesh-- How would I know anything about a rifle?

Laffin'!

Nut

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'dog,

You keep telling yourself that which you NEED to hear and perhaps some day,someone as fhuqking STUPID as you,will start to "believe" it. Congratulations?!?

A 28" 22-250 is dumber than fhuqk,for whatever Delusion your Imagination and it's Pretend can contrive. Hint.

Knock oblivious humor out of the park and cite some more "particulars" of this EPIC Goat Fhuqk you built,that won't shoot. Who's blank,which receiver,what stock,I know bases/rings are gonna be hilarious and then say sumptin' about glass. Looking forward to them Excuses too. Laughing!

Being great ain't easy,but it's worth the effort. At least Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute",while reading every word and gawking every pixel.

You "hard charging' Window Lickers REALLY "get after it"!

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..............

Shefire,

Your haste to take STUPIDITY to places it's never been before,ala Vagina Monologue and Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqktitude,is EPIC humor. Congratulations?!?

At least you get to read about the Outdoors and steal the pics,as you obliviously quantify that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!............

'Nut,

It's hardly a "secret" that you are a Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqk,hunkered on the couch,plagiarizin' pics and lying through your teeth,as a "best" case scenario. Congratulations?!?

You,'dog and Shefire oughtta join "forces" for THE Twatly Trifecta...so at the end of the year,you can conjoin "all" that shootin',Huntin' and Outdoor "Adventure" as quantification of how Fantasy ain't real.

Bless your heart.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
About 5 months worth. I need to get off the couch more, and get all the spent primers off the floor of the gun room. Feels like walking across gravel in my socks. Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

Nut

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ingwe
[Linked Image]

Winning post. She's obviously crappie fishin.

Nut

Thomas Jefferson

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Little Sticky,
I'm going to give you the particulars on this rifle in an attempt to add to your... well, let's call it knowledge.
This is an old CIL 950 T which is a single shot Savage 110. The receiver threads were re-cut, the receiver was faced and the bolthead was trued. Trigger is stock but with a replacement spring (homemade)and is set at 20 oz. The barrel was a 1 1/4 stainless blank from McGowen which I turned to heavy varmint contour. Chamber is SAAMI min. but with the throat extended for the longer 75-80 grain bullets.
The stock is original but reshaped and refinished. I shoot lefty so like all stocks to be ambidextrous (in caseI want to sell one). So it's a walnut stock. Bedding is common pillar bedding with a third screw added. The tang is clear.
The mounts are the simple but effective weaver steel bases with Leupold Rings, Scope is a Leupold 24x. All in all, pretty common stuff.
Given the heavy bullets and adequate case capacity, my powder choices were 4350 and 4831sc. Both worked well but the 4831 is easier to measure. Accuracy is decent with ten shot groups at three hundred meters usually around the two inch mark. Just not quite good enough to be competitive in today's "F" class arena. Nice to shoot and probably warrants a little more tuning. One fellow advised me to load Varget and reduce velocity as it worked well for him. I figure, if I'm going to load slow, why have a 22-250?
When my powder order arrives, I'll be trying some 4451 in this one and also in the 6.5's. If I were you, I could always just pretend it worked well and post some salmon pictures to prove it (?) but I'm stuck with reality.
Right now, my reality is that I'm trying to get so I can hold my old 22 still enough to reliably hit targets offhand so I don't have time to mess with 22-250.
Keep workin' on your prose and the time will come when your drivel is at least readable. GD

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by 1Nut
[Linked Image]

"Nut,
I don't know. That doesn't look like crappie habitat to me. I'm old enough that I can look past the subject and it just doen't look like crappie water. Also, seems like a little more tackle than necessary for the average crappie. Of course, could be big crappie. GD

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
[Linked Image]

"Nut,
I don't know. That doesn't look like crappie habitat to me. I'm old enough that I can look past the subject and it just doen't look like crappie water. Also, seems like a little more tackle than necessary for the average crappie. Of course, could be big crappie. GD

Didn't seem to me that there was anything crappy about that whole scenario..... grin

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Once again...... some folks like to look schitt up and pretend..... others have actual experience. Have a good time rubbing one out to someone else's reality..... par for the course I guess.

Gorgeous woman, working the surf rod, at sunset, hooked up to a 40lb tarpon....... how's it go..... "I'm afforded the luxury of not having to guess". I'd post the bikini surf fishing pics.... but it'd be FAR more than the most of the do-nothin' gang could handle.....

[Linked Image]

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Dogshooter

Gorgeous woman, working the surf rod, at sunset, hooked up to a 40lb tarpon....... how's it go..... "I'm afforded the luxury of not having to guess". I'd post the bikini surf fishing pics.... but it'd be FAR more than the most of the do-nothin' gang could handle.....

You don't have a pic of a gorgeous woman in a bikini, surf fishing. If you do, go ahead and post it.

Nut

Thomas Jefferson

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

You don't have a pic of a gorgeous woman in a bikini, surf fishing. If you do, go ahead and post it.

Your right..... I have a picture of MY gorgeous woman, in a bikini, surf fishing. I've also got pics of her with dead stuff she shot..... though not in a bikini.... yet.

If I do hang a pic.... will you shut the [bleep]-up?

Or..... Maybe you could then hand a pic of your girl in a bikini..... it might be as funny as that piece of schitt .243 you posted pics of.....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Your right..... I have a picture of MY gorgeous woman, in a bikini, surf fishing. I've also got pics of her with dead stuff she shot..... though not in a bikini.... yet.

If I do hang a pic.... will you shut the [bleep]-up?

Or..... Maybe you could then hand a pic of your girl in a bikini..... it might be as funny as that piece of schitt .243 you posted pics of.....

Now see. There you go spouting off about my girl. I'll have you know that my girl looks awesome in a bikini. And can skin a walrus in under 8 minutes.

But YES. Hang a pic of pic of your girl (not a girl) in a bikini and I will surely STFU!

Nut

Thomas Jefferson

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
As you wish Princess......

Looking forward to the sound of your silence......

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can assure you that Dogshooter's gal would likely leave your "1Nut" dispensed inside your whitey-tighty's and wondering WTF happened after she outshot you...

Tanner

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Been known to happen.....

She ran more rounds on this day alone..... than the cumulative efforts of the do nothing gang in the past year....

[Linked Image]

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Practice pays off....

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Tanner
I can assure you that Dogshooter's gal would likely leave your "1Nut" dispensed inside your whitey-tighty's and wondering WTF happened after she outshot you...

Tanner

I'll not say a single negative word about DS's girl. He seems proud of her, and (judging only by the pics), he should be.

However, I do NOT wear 'whitey-tighty's'. Just to set the record straight. Laffin'.

DG, you were a man of your word. Now I will be a man of mine.

Last edited by 1Nut; 04/11/16.

Nut

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As you wish Princess......

Looking forward to the sound of your silence......

[Linked Image]
Is it wrong if I want to see a pic of DS in a bikini....???

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Practice pays off....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

whistlegrin

WWP53D
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by pointer

If that's what it takes to get the rest of the Do Nothing clowns to STFU..... I'll bust out the camera and a Banana Hammock.....

Thanks for reminding me SKane...... she's WAY outta my league.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Thanks for reminding me SKane...... she's WAY outta my league.

Welcome to the club brother...Welcome to club. smile

WWP53D
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pointer

If that's what it takes to get the rest of the Do Nothing clowns to STFU..... I'll bust out the camera and a Banana Hammock.....

I'll bring my camera with me to lunch tomorrow grin

Seriously though, Em is WAY out of your league! Lucky dog...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'gwe,

What were the "odds",that your only move was plagiarized pics? Congratulations?!?

Might I suggest prying your kchunt from the couch and doing a little sumptin'...if only for a change.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............

'Nut,

You are in soooooooooo fhuqking far over your pointy head,it's simply a shame that you are devoid the 17 IQ Points requisite,to discern same. Congratulations?!?

I'm fhuqking cryin',I'm laughing sooooooooo hard...at your 5-month ZipLoc,you Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqk.

Bless your heart.

Wow +P++!

Laughing!..................

'dog,

Besides being and Amazingly STUPID Clueless Fhuqk,you are also a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit. Congratulations?!?

Funnier than fhuqk,that "all" your "experience","knowledge" and "results",granted you the Salvage Goat Fhuqk Blueprint. Do tell about "squaring" a floating bolt head. Wax eloquent on McGowen "magnificence". GOOD call to avoid throating "particulars". Laughing!

Your powder Dumbfhuqkery remains hilarious and mebbe say sumptin' about 1" Reupold 24x erector travel and 1k come-ups...but be VERY fhuqking careful. Hint. Laughing!

I'd hang video of shooting chickens eggs at 500yds+ with a 223AI,but would hate to swipe your Imagination and it's Pretend,mainly because it's all that you've "got".

T-16 tracking,absolutely SMOKES Reupold 1" 10x,12x,16x and 24x "efforts". Hint.

Though it wears a 16x MQ now. Re-hint.

[Linked Image]

Slow day here,still fighting the blizzard...but it's ripe opportunity to slip up on schit. This morning.

[Linked Image]

Should it salve your Reality,feel free to tell yourself I've never suffered a Salvage or a Reupold...and I can only get out to the 35yd line in my AO.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I've never seen any of the bullets you try to cite either and the funniest fhuqking part is,you couldn't pick your Imagination and Pretend outta the crowd.

Hint.

[Linked Image]

Bless your heart...you Do NOTHING Day Dreaming Dumbfhuqks are a hoot!

'shooter,

Purty mean,to let your Reality collide with 'Nuts Fantasies.

Now she'll have to REALLY scour the interwebs,swipe more pics and add to "her" album,as well as fabricate fresh Delusions and Lies to try and pawn off same.

FUNNY schit!..................

'sonora,

I'm wheels up tomorrow,Blizzard permitting and once home...it won't take but 15 minutes to trump 'Nuts "life's" efforts.

Prolly more like 5.

Laughing!

At least Imagination and Pretend are free,so she can "afford" to "contribute"................

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The wheels are officially up here already.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

I used to have a friend that questioned its utility. Until he built one.

You'll caress it like an octopus shaped pillow.

Dave

LMAO! YOU are truly demented!

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Stick...I didn't want to have to play this card, but you're being mean now...

[Linked Image]

And get your facts straight, Im not sitting on the couch!....I'm in an office chair...that swivels!

[Linked Image]

And these moving pics weren't plagiarized...thats really me!

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
'schtick
I see little point in describing machining or set-up techniques to you because there is little chance you would understand the description. Truing a Savage is just the same as truing a 700 and is not a bad idea becaue the bolt heads do not always float significantly. Ultimately, you still want the bolt face to be perpendicular to the axis and parallel to the locking surfaces. I'm sure you can easily design the fixturing and determine how to best set up the bolt head to accomplish this. Having completed this task, you then have to assemle the bolt to be sure the bolt body isn't far enough off to not allow the bolt head to sit as it should (shockingly, Savage quality control is not always top drawer) but you know all of this. One great aspect of the Savage action, in comparison to the Remington, for instance, is that the sear does not influence the attitude of the bolt body.
When it comes to scope adjustments, I confess to not having any issues which create any real concerns for me but I do agree with your statement that the T-16 "absaolutely SMOKES" Leupold tracking. Wally Seibert said the T series scopes were the best scopes, mechanically, that he had seen and I can't see why I would dispute this. Nonetheless, I have three of the Leupolds, made over a span of about thirty years, and they suit me OK.
You haven't seen the bullets I try because you don't open your bleary eyes and look. That is the only explanation I can think of.
What else? Oh yes, McGowen. This particular barrel is actually one which I probably should not have accepted becaue it was not straight. I like the guys though and they have been good to me so I took it anyway. Besides, apart from the difficulty in set-up, a curved bore doesn't always have all that much effect anyway. One MRC barrel I used was way crooked yet shot as well as any barrel of that weight (#2 Shilen contour)I have seen. It was a 221 Fireball built on a 722. Anyway, this particulat McGowen isn't perfectly straigh but the internal finish is excellent and it showed no movement when it was contoured. By the way, I am also shooting a thirty and an 8mm I got in the same batch and they are excellent barrels; straight, smooth, and uniform.
Ya' know, 'stickless, we've already derailed this thread way too much so if you want to converse firther or if you want machining lessons, start another. GD

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

[Linked Image]

This picture is great. How many inches did you have to cut off them pantlegs to get them to fit Stick?

I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by bellydeep

[Linked Image]

This picture is great. How many inches did you have to cut off them pantlegs to get them to fit Stick?

one top of field cleaning your rifle, the Schtick Way...

and showing what he uses to field clean himself after having to take a dump in the Schtick Family Outhouse & Library...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
416 Rigby?

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sammo,

The Iggle has landed and once I get all the parcels opened and sorted,I'll redirect towards loading the crummy up,for early AM Splendors.

Water volumes is Skookum,Booners is on the prowl and this R&R will be nothing shy of EPIC.

Hint................

'gwe,

Plagiarize any which way you are compelled.

Batteries is chargin',OneShot is soakin',Terminal Tackle is splayed for final adaptations and I've a few new Toys to slam together.

Use your Imagination and Pretend you ain't gonna hang on EVERY word and pixel.

Laughing!..............

'dog,

You are simply a CLUELESS Lying Piece Of fhuqking Schit...on your "best" day. Congratulations?!?

VERY good call to refrain come-ups and particulars and instead talk out your ass. I enjoy that you have to quote someone else's thoughts,to "talk" scopes. Laughing!

REALLY enjoyed the Bent Barrel Chronicles...you poor poor(literally) STUPID fhuqk. Wow+P++!!

I'm ripping mail open as fast as I can. Got gypped on the color scheme I ordered,but like the wrong one and will rock the schit outta it. Need to weight the butt for the pending build and it'll fhuqking shine brightly.

Hint.

[Linked Image]

The massaged 54 arrived,with it's 75MOA extended 1913 rail anchored with (10) fasteners. I ain't much fretting a wiggle,when I go to flogging on it in the morning. Trying to decide on what color to rattlecan it. Decisions...decisions.

Hint.

[Linked Image]

The 2.865" COAL Krunchenticker mags arrived and compelled me to bump RPM to 1-7" 5R. 20" to a crown,.750" block,S/S,yada,yada. Google it. Laughing!

Hopefully,it'll arrive early next week.

[Linked Image]

You'd need a co-signer for the shipping peanuts.

Bless your heart.

'deep,

Cite what you "do" for a "living",that enables you to know sooooooooooo fhuqking little,about soooooooooooo fhuqking much. Congratulations?!?

I getta kick outta your Imagination and Pretend,you "lucky" Do NOTHING Kchunt.

Bless your heart.

Shefire,

I'll feign my "surprise"...that all of your thoughts in my regard,have me scantily clad. Congratulations!

You LUCKY kchunt.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..............

'man,

Tough to beat a 105 Hornie HPBT.

Even at LFB velocities.

[Linked Image]

Hint.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Just sayin'.

Hint.

Laughing!.......................

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Lil Sticky,
You still have a lot of work to do. Once in a while you peck out something which is almost intelligible but then, like the mirage it is, it's gone. Poof. I'm not sure you aren't regressing.
I'm suspecting you struggled with Dick and Jane as a youngster then just skipped the rest. Don't give up though.
The day will come when you will be able to converse with the big boys. Pics OK but just a bit underwhelming. GD

C
CBB Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Well, this turned into a great thread. Definitely not bored anymore! LMAO!

Anyway, in an effort to increase my love for the .243 I went shopping. Picked up a can of H414 at the advice of a buddy. Also got some 95gr NBT and 80gr TTSX.

Also going to take the advice of some here and shoot it some....

Sure the 'stick will be along soon to tell me how wrong I am.

Hunt...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
CBB be sure and try reloader 17 out before you mass produce any one load. The 95 NBT and H4350 had been my go to load. Zerged deer very nicely with a 2930 avg fps. Switched to 105 Hornady BTHP and RL17. With a 22" barrel I'm getting 2980 fps avg, no pressure signs and tight groups. Hadn't zerged anything yet with the 105s but I take it on good authority that they do well even on square shoulder shots.

C
CBB Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
I have been on the lookout for 4350, RL22 17 AND 19. Shops here are sold out. I may have to make the long trek to the big shop a couple hours away.

Need to start stocking up when I find it.

Hunt...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
'deep,

Cite what you "do" for a "living",that enables you to know sooooooooooo fhuqking little,about soooooooooooo fhuqking much. Congratulations?!?

I getta kick outta your Imagination and Pretend,you "lucky" Do NOTHING Kchunt.

Bless your heart.

----------------------------------

I've kind of got a Big Lebowski/Cosmo Kramer thing goin on.

Which reminds me, I need to go get more food stamps tomorrow.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I recently took a plunge and bought 8pounds of 4451 which is one of the Enduron powders from IMR. With a burn rate similar to 4350, it should be perfect for the cartridges in which I would normally use that powder. We shall see. Relatively fine grained so will meter well. Also, it is denser than 4350 so in those cartridges where capacity was borderline for 4350, this might be good. I would think it should pair upwell with 80-85 grain bullets in the 243. GD

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

334 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 1minute, 10ring1, 2ndwind, 40 invisible), 2,554 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,714
Posts18,457,028
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.