Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have found an even easier way than that...take the loader and turn the truck upside down and just lift the tank out. smile

Just ribbing you a bit here, Removing the bed is indeed better than cutting an access hole through it, seen this done before.

Hate to see you give up on that little truck, in reality they are pretty good little rigs and it is normal that little things go wrong with every vehicle and the next vehicle might even have more unseen problems.

At least you "Know" this one. smile

When I no longer have the right to protect my own person or property...my person and property have become public property in common.
GB2

cal74 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Should have taken pics...

Surgery went well though, wasn't pretty going in although lifting the bed off was a piece of cake.

Tension ring or whatever it's called the hold the fuel pump in was NASTY. Not sure if it's ever been out before or not?

Soaked the crap outta it and one person on each side taping and in finally popped.

New pump slipped in, lines connected and she's ALIVE smile

Need to drill a couple new holes in the bed to fasten it back down as I lost three of the old bolts/holes that existed, but not overally concerned about the looks at this point.

Hope to get a few more years outta the old girl, especially after looking closer at new truck prices....

On a side note, with a little more patience I could have probably gotten at least one more of the bolts out of the bed and it's truly the only way to go about this kinda job on a rusty old truck.

Life is just one damned thing after another
cal74 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bugout4x4
At least you "Know" this one. smile

That's why I'm always half afraid until you've owned something for a while. I've know this truck since it was showroom new and while it has it's quirks it's been a good truck overall.

Life is just one damned thing after another
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Got it going! Good to hear problem is solved and there is nothing more to chase!

When I no longer have the right to protect my own person or property...my person and property have become public property in common.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
395 members (1lesfox, 300jimmy, 160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 40 invisible), 2,088 guests, and 920 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,594
Posts18,398,021
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.