Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
I currently have a 5 yr old lab I adopted at 8 months old, so he came "pre-named".

We're getting another lab pup in June, and my wife and 3 daughters all have various ideas on dog names, most originating from Disney movies of some sort. Ugh.

I'm trying to think up good hunting dog names, as I'm the one who will be training and working with the dog, and I'll be actually saying the dog's name the most, lol. The dog won't be hunting waterfowl, as I'm just not a duck hunter, but will be doing some upland hunting.

If it wasn't used so often, I'd be all about Jaeger, but it seems like there are a lot of hunting dogs named Jaeger, Remington, Winchester, Ruger, etc.

So...looking for unique/interesting hunting dog name ideas. It'll be a male yellow lab, from a dark yellow mother and fox red male. It will be either the typical yellow lab color or darker, possibly fully fox red (think Irish Setter color, if you've never seen one). Just sorta depends on how the genes played out.

Thanks!

GB1

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Names are always fun.

We named our Cocker "Brindamour", but we call her Brindie.

The spastic Fox/JRT rescue hyena/dingo was called Maddox, but now he just gets called "Mad dog"

I was always in favor of 2 syllable names, with a hard seperation in the middle, because I found dogs with those types of names always responded better to their name at a distance (we did a lot of coon hunting when I was younger)

That said, I always wanted one named "Boo Yah"

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Rigby

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
A couple of my favs are: Scout and Ranger for a bird dog.

NRA Life Member
"Use Enough Gun"- Robert Ruark
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
In naming a hunting dog, the important thing is choosing a name that is easy to scream and does not sound like some other command. 5 letters max, 3 is better and end in a hard consonant k, t, g, etc. Zak, Jet, Jack are all good. Sue will work in a pinch. Snookems or Puddles doesn't work.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like German words for names!

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by jimdgc
In naming a hunting dog, the important thing is choosing a name that is easy to scream and does not sound like some other command. 5 letters max, 3 is better and end in a hard consonant k, t, g, etc. Zak, Jet, Jack are all good. Sue will work in a pinch. Snookems or Puddles doesn't work.

Good Point. cool

I hunted grouse one day up here with a guy who had a runoff English Setter named "Lovely Lady" (his wife named her) smirk

She bolted as soon as the leash was slipped and we spent the next two hours "lost dog hunting" instead of grouse hunting.

I will never forget that morning going through the woods with that guy plaintively wailing "Lovely Lady" , etc , etc endlessly. sick

NRA Life Member
"Use Enough Gun"- Robert Ruark
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I would get the puppy and let it name itself. It just takes a bit of time, but the right name will appear that matches his personality.

You also need to think of what kind of personality you most desire in him because you will subconsciously mold him into that where possible. A name should represent both who the dog is, and what you want him to be.

For example, no one expects the same behavior out of a dog named "President" compared to one named "Joker." Your training will mold him into one or the other. You will subconsciously reward/punish him into his name. So it is best if his name matches his inborn strengths that you enjoy.

My current dog is named "Sprite." She isn't named "Steady." If she were, I would not enjoy her antics as much. As it is, her name fits her personality, it's a good name for calling her, and I'm always happy when she's acting out her inborn personality.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Buck, Yardly, Sam, Max, Bo, Mack, Ruger, Kimber, Chester, Browning, Tracker, Smokey, Hike, Magnum, Killer, SOB, Shreader, Jake, Gunner, Ranger, Dakota, Moe, Jack, Rambo, Goose, Echo, Tango, Bravo, Sierra, Vic, Zeus, Appolo, Nightrider, Kitt, Kipp, Karl, Marx, Stalin, Sam, River, Elam, Nicholas, Miguel, Kane, Corky, Biscuits, Elvis

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
magnum
champ
duke
captain

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I prefer 1 syllable names for my hunting dogs.
I'm quicker with them and they seems to respond quicker, too.

Ray
Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nitro, Purdey, Westley, buckshot, gunner, Sig, trigger... or maybe name him after your favorite drink or beer.

Guinness, Foster, Pabst, Busch, Dragon, Hacker, Moose.

Tequila, Gimlet, Joker, Mojito, Blinker.

Or maybe after your favorite ammo: Olin, Jamison, Cor-bon, Norma, Lapua, Nosler, Ramshot, Varget.

Maybe after your favorite cartridge: Lott, Ackley, Swift, Ribgy.

How about your favorite author: Boddington, Massad, Cooper, Elmer, Skeeter, O'conner, Capstick.

Or maybe a favorite movie character. We used to breed and raise border collies. If the the client spoke for a pup before we had to send the registration papers in, we would let them name the dog. If not, they all received names from characters in John Wayne movies: Duke, Chance, Maggie, Quirt, Jake.

Maybe your favorite movie character. Josey, Cisco, Hopalong, Quigly, Hannibal.

Or maybe your favorite city: Nash(ville), Vegas, Berlin, Dublin, Cork, Reno.

With a little imagination you could name your dog with an "original" that most people wont have already used.

Good luck !

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I prefer one syllable and absolutely no more than 2. That whole yelling/screaming the name discussion above. We ended up with Hank.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Never could understand the yelling/screaming at bird dogs. seems to be popular though.....

I am used to working with various breeds of herding dogs, I don't know if the work they are bred for makes the difference or not ( they are basically meant to "hunt" pretty close and in conjunction with your efforts and not 'freelance') but I've worked with some big, 'hard' dogs, and they didn't require me to raise my voice.

Also FWIW, studies indicate the thing in a given word or command that a dog pays the most attention to, is the first syllable. Kinda like the old Gary Larson Cartoon. I could call my dog Rommel by saying " Herr Field Marshall Erwin Rommel" and all he would basically hear is "Rom"... grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
Kinda like the old Gary Larson Cartoon.

The old "blah blah blah GINGER, blah blah blah blah, GINGER cartoon?

Interesting you had the dog take on that one.

I had a girlfriend named Ginger. That's why I remember it.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Thats the cartoon!

Was Ginger like that too? grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

guage

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The e-collar ends the screaming.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
finnly or finn

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by kingston
The e-collar ends the screaming.

Have to agree with that.

My 5 yr old lab is e-collar trained. If he doesn't come when I call the first two times, he will be hoofin' it by the third time I call.

And honestly, I haven't had to issue a "correction" to him since I can't remember when. Warnings are enough 99% of the time.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
A mechanic buddy had a black lab named "Diesel", it fit him well. He was a super dog.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
Somebody already said my suggestion- wait until you get the dog and let a name pop up. I've done that with all but two of the pups I've bought and they all seem to have worked out well. Just remember, the call name and the registered name do not have to be the same so if you are under any time constraints regarding registering the pup, you can send in one name for the papers and another one for in the field.

One can also do this with an older dog if you don't like its call name. Switch to the new name as if a puppy and he will quickly catch on. I've done that on many older dogs when their name did not fit their personality. Or when the call name was not appropriate for public use.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The best lab, in my opinion, that I have ever had in my kennel was named "Dane" Beautiful chocolate lab that had everything that a true hunting lab is supposed to have.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Interesting; I read somewhere (some sporting dog magazine) that all dog names should be short, monosyllablic, and end in an "a" or "o" as to not be confused with commands.
I don't know if it's true or not, but I've followed that axiom for the past 30 years or so.

I named my first dog (American Water spaniel) "Nitro", short for "Swan Lakes Remington Nitro magnum".......However, he (and all my other dogs since) seem to think that their first name is "Dammit". eek
You didn't state whether your next dog was male or female...

Hows about: Turbo, Dymo, or Nitro?

My current Labrador (female) is named "Ziva" (yes, we got it from the NCIS TV show....wife liked it, so it stuck). Got to admit that I've never heard of anyone else with a dog by that name.....regardless of breed!

Last edited by 16gauge; 04/12/16.

"If you dog thinks you're the greatest, don't go seeking a second opinion!"
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
My old lab identified the word "now" as his name...

NRA Life Member
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
In my opinion your field commands should never involve the dog's name, so "here" should not be turned into "Spot, here" or "here Spot". For that reason, I don't think a short name is absolutely necessary. I have noticed some dogs seem to like hearing "S" sounds, like Susie, Sissy, Sweetie etc.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ingwe
Never could understand the yelling/screaming at bird dogs. seems to be popular though.....

I am used to working with various breeds of herding dogs, I don't know if the work they are bred for makes the difference or not ( they are basically meant to "hunt" pretty close and in conjunction with your efforts and not 'freelance') but I've worked with some big, 'hard' dogs, and they didn't require me to raise my voice.

Also FWIW, studies indicate the thing in a given word or command that a dog pays the most attention to, is the first syllable. Kinda like the old Gary Larson Cartoon. I could call my dog Rommel by saying " Herr Field Marshall Erwin Rommel" and all he would basically hear is "Rom"... grin
It's a hard habit to break growing up with a dad and grandfather both of which always kepts beagles around. They'd find rabbits much better than they listend! wink

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I use my dog's name to get his attention only. There are times that he'll hunt hard enough or be burried up and not hear a command so a quick shout of his name gets his mind on what I'm telling him. He hunts as hard as any dog I've seen, but he's still a pup at only a year and a half. The training collar has pretty well transferred to the attention getter at this point.

As to the naming convention, my son wanted to name him Truck. I couldn't really go with that, so we chose Duke. Short name with an attention getting hard consonant. When it came to his "paper name", Duke-N-Truck is in there. He's a dark yellow lab, and the name seems fitting.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Beagles.

My Uncle had to train his Black & tan to fetch his beagles.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Bird hunted with a 'dude' a couple years back that let his wife name his GSP 'Waldo'. That dog was the farthest ranging dog I ever hunted around, preferring to roam in the next county.

It was kinda sad to see Jeff walking around yelling Waldo at the top of his lungs.

We didn't kill many birds that day.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RWE
Beagles.

My Uncle had to train his Black & tan to fetch his beagles.
Ha!! More than a thread of truth in that I'm guessing.

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by 16gauge

Interesting; I read somewhere (some sporting dog magazine) that all dog names should be short, monosyllablic, and end in an "a" or "o" as to not be confused with commands.
I don't know if it's true or not, but I've followed that axiom for the past 30 years or so.

I named my first dog (American Water spaniel) "Nitro", short for "Swan Lakes Remington Nitro magnum".......However, he (and all my other dogs since) seem to think that their first name is "Dammit". eek
You didn't state whether your next dog was male or female...

Hows about: Turbo, Dymo, or Nitro?

My current Labrador (female) is named "Ziva" (yes, we got it from the NCIS TV show....wife liked it, so it stuck). Got to admit that I've never heard of anyone else with a dog by that name.....regardless of breed!

I didn't mention gender because it wasn't for certain at that point, but the pups were born overnight last night. 6 males, I'm 4th in line for a male, so it's for sure a male I'll be getting. (Would have been a female if there were not 4 males.)

Since my 5yr old lab is named Quincy (came to us with the name, and it was unique so we kept it), I told my wife we should get two male pups and name one John and one Adams. Lame, I know, but I laughed. She didn't. Odd.

Anyway, the pup is a male, dark yellow/light red color on both mom and dad, so likely a darker yellow lab. Hard to really know from seeing him at this point what exactly he'll look like when he's older.

I've been sifting through names, although I do like the idea of getting to know the pup and letting a name sort of develop around him and his personality. I just want to be careful not to take too long and wind up with a dumb name out of necessity.

For some reason "Rufus" is growing on me, though.... Kind of one of those "it's so weird, it's good" kind of things.

I always thought I'd name a dog Jaeger, but there are a lot of Jaegers around, and I want something a little more original.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Trooper....

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
B
B
Mine is Reggie. A #70 high roller black lab. I only use his name to send him on a marked retrieve. Never use it when giving a command.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by tddeangelo
For some reason "Rufus" is growing on me, though.... Kind of one of those "it's so weird, it's good" kind of things.

Well, "Rufus" when you're happy and "Dufus" when you're disgusted. Should work.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Gretzky.

Jagr.

Gordie.

Sergei.

Pavel.

NRA Life Member
Had a yellow named Marsh along with a chocolate named Windy

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Jargo.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I am firmly in the one/two syllable camp. And something that doesn't sound like any basic command. And letting the dog name itself through looks or acts.

RS

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Our yellow lab name is Keg and our chocolate lab name is Bocephus but we call him Bo..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I always liked the old TV trusty side kick names

Festus
Barney
Jingles
Pete
Boo boo

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Bill

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I never had more than one hunting dog at a time. Always had labs. Every one of them was named Sam. If there's a rainbow bridge, there will be a squadron of black Sam's to meet me. And of course my other house dogs as well.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I bought my dog from a guy in Arizona. He sent me a pic of the pup, in the back of an old Bronco, a sibling on each side of him watching, while he gnawed on a coyote skull.

Seeing that pic, I figured to name him Bones, as I figured that was all that was gonna be left of a critter after he got a hold of it. I told the dude what I thought I might name him.

A few months later I flew out to pick him up. Turned out the guy I was getting him from knew a band called Bone Daddy, so he had started calling the pup Bone Daddy. Upon my arrival, when I found this out, I liked Bone Daddy even better than Bones, so he's been the Bone Daddy ever since.

He is an Airedale Terrier, and a damn fine dog!

The three Dobies I had before him, sequentially, were Duke, Max, and Blitz.

Last edited by DELGUE; 04/28/16.

Exquisitely turdlike in all of his many manifestations!!

Resist much - obey little. Hayduke lives!

"30-06 guys don't worry about schit 'cause 30-06 guys don't worry....." 16bore

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by bangeye
I always liked the old TV trusty side kick names

Festus
Barney
Jingles
Pete
Boo boo

Festus...uggghh. To show how weird the freakin world is, when I was finishing up my second Bachelor's degree at the University of South Florida, I was informed that I was 'required' to take an African History course. This annoyed me, but the worst was yet to come.

The professor was Festus Ohaegbulam, the Chairman of the African and African American Studies Department. This clown was from Nigeria, and I guess his parents musta liked Gunsmoke or something, I dunno. But I do know this...with absolute certainty...he was the most racist professor I ever crossed paths with.

He was kinda like Obama..."everything is George W.'s fault". Ohaegbulam thought that everything wrong in Africa was the fault of Europeans and their colonialism, even the things that occurred after the Europeans left and the former colonies were ruled by indigenous black rulers, many of whom were corrupt and abused their own people.

At the end of the course, when the ratings forms were passed around, he was excoriated by the entire class, including me. I've never seen an entire class hammer a prof like that. Shortly thereafter, he ceased to be the chairman of that department.

Oh, and did I mention that he had a horrid accent that made it an ordeal to try to figure out what the hell he was saying? Yeah, he did.

Last edited by DELGUE; 04/28/16.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Well, this may be decided.

I had been just reading down a list of dog names, and everyone in the house liked "Milo". I wasn't into it much, until I took my 5yr old lab hunting on a bird hunting preserve (short 6 chukar hunt to finish out the "season"). We were working a strip of cut sorghum, and I remembered that sorghum is also called milo. That and the pup is a yellow/red lab, so the sorghum stalk/seed colors will be similar to the dog. And since upland hunting is about over here anymore...if I want to shoot birds, I gotta pay to play on a preserve, which plants a lot of milo........the pup will be in milo fields a lot.

So...I think it may be Milo.

I don't want to absolutely say that's it till I get to meet the pup and see if something else leaps out at me, but I'm sort of leaning that way now.

My oldest daughter figured out that the pup was born on Thomas Jefferson's birthday. She thought Jefferson would be nice, but it's too long, and I don't like Jeff for short. I thought of Independence and Indy for short, but once I thought on it for a bit, I just was "meh" about all that.

If I file his papers to register him, though, I'm sure I'll have to come up with some sort of unique name for him, though. I never bothered with my other labs, as they were all neutered/spayed, and no breeding would be happening, so I didn't see the point.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Like the boys said, the pup's name will present itself, and it kinda sounds to me like that has already happened!

Milo is a most excellent name!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've a wire hair named Catfish.

If she was a dog instead of a bitch, her name would've been Whoop.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Always named dogs after where I got them, until the last one. Kids had a part in it! I'd would like to have named Aspen "damn it", because that Chessie was brilliant to the point she'd do chit just for spite.

Aspen
Boca
Bay
Sailor

“There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don’t care who gets credit.” R. Reagan
D
D
tddeangelo,

Gentlemen...please allow an old fart (mucho experience) to explain.
1st...all dogs do NOT understand our language, what they hear is vibration and tone associated with words we understand but they do not.
Naming a dog is crucial to a successful life, indoors and out.
Single syllable words (names) make teaching (training) much easier. Choose a name you can easily fluctuate the tone up and down as in happy tone and disgusted tone when using dogs name to praise for all good things and lower tone for all disappointing times...it will make much easier for everyone involved.

Hope this helps and best of luck with your new pup...life is always a happier with a well trained dog.

Dog Man

Disrespect my wife, kick my dog or speak bad about Ronald Regan and you will see first hand how well my guns work.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Rip, Tuck, Penny, Spring, Ellie, Deak, (Win)Chester, Remington, Chunky, Fred, Sunny.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
My dog knows more than most people I know, and is a better person to boot. 'Nuff said.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My blood tracking dog in South Africa and my German shorthair in the USA both have the same name, I don't have to remember two names this way.

Both are named " Bushman" I chose this name because the bushman tribe are the most serious and functional hunters on earth.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mika (mee-kah)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"Chances Will Be Taken"

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I named my dog Farts because that is all he does. Always get strange looks when out in the woods yelling Come Farts!

Wife and daughter call him Farty or Mr Farty Man

Enjoy the hunt while it lasts!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I had a big male yellow lab with some fox red highlights; he was a great dog. I really miss that dog; he was my bud through some tuff times. His name was Dusty.

Last edited by Cruiser1; 05/09/16.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My WPG pup is named Rosie after her disposition. laugh

[Linked Image]

She LOVES her Uncle Rocky! grin

[Linked Image]

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
OK, pup comes home on or after June 8. Since that's a Wed., I'll probably see if I can do the pick-up on the following Saturday.

That said, I have a 5yr old neutered male lab, and getting a male pup (based on my trainer's suggestions, along with that of one of the breeder's I talked to). Trying to figure out how I want to do the intro's.....

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Looking like Milo is likely, but we'll see when he comes home.

I'm going to see the litter on Sunday and pick the pup, so I'll post a few pics of him then. smile

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I liked Abercrombie and Bitch.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Named out new Aussie "Terror Rex".

Out last Chesapeake Bay Retriever was "Judge" and set the law east of the Pecos (especially the driveway to the house).

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Well, got to go see the litter today and meet the pups.

This little guy will be coming home with us in a couple of weeks....a name hasn't leaped out at me yet, although the kids are dead-set on Milo. I'm not opposed to it, but want to spend a bit more time with him before deciding on it.

Here he is....he got tired from playing and flopped. Which gave me the chance to snap a quick pic, lol. He didn't look like this the whole time, I assure you!

[Linked Image]

P
P
Little Ann -if you can read "Where the Red Fern Grows" without crying I probably don't even want to know you.

Paul

Take a kid hunting so some day they'll take you.
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
The family settled on Cooper, and it seemed to fit with the pup when I was working with him, so he is now named Cooper.

He's a little devil, and smart as heck. Affectionate little guy, but mischievous as the day is long, even for a lab. He's working on breaking me in already. wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Nothing puts the fear into the heart of any quarry like the sound of a truck door closing and the command "hunt them up Sparky"

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (12344mag, 1936M71, 16penny, 19rabbit52, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 46 invisible), 2,729 guests, and 1,143 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,515
Posts18,452,683
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.