Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Yes, no?

Haven't shot any yet but read some mixed reviews on-line.

Tossed in brick on a recent shotgun ammo order from Grafs. Had never even heard of the brand prior to ordering.

Made in the Philippines.

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Tried it for the first time this weekend when I did the same thing and added to a graf's order. I wasn't impressed by it. I don't think I will purchase again. It seemed to feed poorly in the 10/22's. I will have to try it in a few of the pistols. Not terrible but not impressed for the $50 a brick. Hope you have better luck with it

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Sammo, tac-22 light years ahead of armscor. $5 a brick more, always in stock, and blows that Philippine stuff outta the water. Was downright terrible in every rifle I tried it in.

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
If I can't find good CCI ammo, I have been trying some Aguila SuperExtra. Some folks call it "The Mexican Mini-Mags", and think highly of it. I don't know that I'd go that far, but it sure shoots well in my little Ruger SR-22 pistol. I haven't had time to try it in a good boltaction .22 yet, but I have high hopes.

I've tried some Armscor .22 Mag ammo, it was "okay" but nothing special, AND they want a premium for it around here.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I bought Browning (Winchester) 40gr HP that do 1435fps for less than the Armscor and there has been a bunch of the Browning around.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
If I can't find good CCI ammo, I have been trying some Aguila SuperExtra. Some folks call it "The Mexican Mini-Mags", and think highly of it. I don't know that I'd go that far, but it sure shoots well in my little Ruger SR-22 pistol. I haven't had time to try it in a good boltaction .22 yet, but I have high hopes.

That stuff kills schit really, really, well.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Holt Boding..whatever mentioned it in an article not long ago; think it was .22mag though. The mention was positive, but not very specific.

Not desperate enough to blow a bunch 'o bucks on unproven stuff. Lots of other decent stuff to be had online. There's also a new Dicks not too far from here that I can check out without making a special trip.

Aguila makes good stuff, but never see it except online. Still have a few Match Rifle.

Last edited by Pappy348; 04/12/16.

What fresh Hell is this?
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I tried some for sh*ts and giggles in my old Winchester M52A. That rifle will slop five rounds of Eley Tenex into 1/4" at 50yds. and 3/8" on a coffee jitters day. The Armscor wouldn't do better than an inch. I shot the rest of it up at tin cans with the Woodsman in the backyard.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That's about all it's worth... tin cans, and like deflave stated- The new browning stuff is cheaper and shoots better.

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Sam,

I decided to try some Armscor hollow-points in my .22's, and found they shot better than any other high-velocity HP's in my Browning T-Bolt. They also shoot pretty well in my wife Anschutz 54, but are shaded a little in that rifle by Mini-Mag HP's.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
IC B3

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Certifiable,

I haven't seen any Norma TAC-22 hollowpoints anywhere, and their website doesn't list them either. Maybe you're talking about shooting holes in targets and not animals?

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
N
NTG Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I've only ran a couple of hundred Armscor 22, but they're at least as good as the other bulk stuff, and I'd say a bit better than Remington's POS "golden bullets" bulk boxes. They're actually quite accurate in my Henry lever, but most are.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Certifiable,

I haven't seen any Norma TAC-22 hollowpoints anywhere, and their website doesn't list them either. Maybe you're talking about shooting holes in targets and not animals?

Yes sir, I was not being specific to hollow points as I didn't assume that's what Sam was referencing. I have never seen Tac in anything other than round nose either. However for target shooting it performs so far above its price point it's not even funny.
Like I said it's always in stock and for a few bucks more than what people seem to be very willing to pay for run of the mill "bulk" ammo. Of course every rifle is different but it's consistently excellent for me and downright boggling from time to time.
Can't seem to post pics right now. I know a few pics doesn't make a case but I'll see if I can get some up.

Last edited by Certifiable; 04/13/16.

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I have used a half-case of the Armscor 36 gr, high-velocity, hollow points so far this spring. It hits gophers (ground squirrels) hard, it certainly is as hard-hitting and accurate as any other comparable priced 22 lr ammo.

I did do some accuracy testing with it in three 22's , shooting 5 groups at 50 yds. In my Cooper sporter it holds right at 1/2", in my wife's CZ sporter it groups right at an 3/4", which is a bit surprising since that rifle is usually nearly as accurate as my Cooper. The third rifle is a Ruger American I bought for a loaner rifle and surprisingly it too groups the Armscor right around 3/4", often slightly better than the CZ.

If I can find another case, or some bricks, of it I plan on buying more since it is mainly going to be used for gophers the accuracy is more than adequate and I really like the way it smacks.

drover

edited to add - The Armscor I am using does leave a hard black residue on the muzzle, it will clean off with no problem but I was surprised at the hardness of it.

Last edited by drover; 04/13/16.

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well... I need to offer a bit of a retraction. I do shoot some of their .22 mag stuff in a pistol, and I do have to say that the .22 mag stuff shoots every bit as good as Hornady or CCI.

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Certifiable,

That's what I guessed, thanks for the clarification. By the way, I happen to have some TAC-22 stashed myself--but will probably pick up more if a sale occurs somewhere/:)

John Steinbeck
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
drover,

Graf & Sons has the Armscor HP's for $49.99 right now, but have occasionally offered it for a little less on sale. Graf only charges a flat $7.95 for shipping on any order, and after I found out how well it shot in my T-Bolt I ordered the maximum per-household limit of 4 bricks, which along with a few bricks of .17 HMR's should last through gopher season....

John Steinbeck
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Here are 3 separate examples of what tac-22 can do. Three different guns- one Kimber 82G and two anschutz. 50 yards for all three

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
MD,

Thanks for the Graf's tip, for some reason I have never ordered from them. Gophers are thick again this year, my wife and I have been going out 2 or 3 times a week for the last month and we usually average 600 - 800 rounds per trip so it goes pretty quickly. I had better check Graf's out.

Funny story about how I ended up with a case of Armscor. I was in Montana visiting friends last fall and stopped in a small rural convenience/sporting goods store and there was some Armscor on the counter. I asked how much per brick and when told me the price (which was slighly less than Graf's} I asked how much I could buy. His reply "all of the damned stuff - no one around here wants to shoot that foreign ammo", so I walked out with the full case which was all he had.

Needless to say we were both happy.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
That was a good deal!

Gopher shooting is just starting to get really hot here. May also try some Armscor in my Winchester 62A--am betting it will shoot minute of gopher as far as I can hit 'em with open sights anymore....

John Steinbeck
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

691 members (12344mag, 1234, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 72 invisible), 3,064 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,267
Posts18,467,209
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.