Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Have told this story before, but a friend in Oklahoma who can afford some very nice rifles asked me a year or so ago about what I thought would be a good "truck gun" for shooting varmints of opportunity. He owns more than one ranch and just thought the RAR's were too fugly.
I said in my opinion an RAR in .17 HMR would work very well for his purposes, and what the heck did he care about what a truck gun looked like? He hemmed and hawed, but before the end of the conversation thanked me for my opinion, though it didn't sound like he was in any way convinced.

Talked to him two months later and he owned five RAR's.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by NEBHNTR
I think Ruger hit a home-run when they made this rifle. Their aim was a "budget" level rifle that still held its ground accuracy wise against others in its class and even more expensive rifles. At the price point, I didn't expect it to come with a heated stock and laser guided squirrel tracking bullets. The stock doesn't bother me too much but they had to cut costs somewhere to keep it as a budget rifle. I'd rather them cut the corners on the stock rather than the barrel. Overall, I think for the price, it is a superb rifle.

Good post. I agree. I just got tru putting a cheap scope on my RAR. Can't wait to get it to the range next Saturday:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The cheap Terra and RAR go together like peanut butter and jelly... laugh I sure like the talley lightweights on this rifle too. I'm surprised more of you guys don't opt for them...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Keep us posted on how it shoots! I've been thinking about "fancying" up my stock a little bit with some Webbing spray paint to give it a fancy look. Your black stock with some gray webbing would look awesome in my opinion

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Timbo
I had one but sold it. I loved the rotary magazine, but the accuracy was typical 22 WMR level. Nothing terrible, but nothing special compared to the others I have so I really didn't have a need for it.

I know what you mean by "typical" 22 WMR level accuracy. I'm used to my chuckster. It's a pretty good shooter:

[Linked Image]

I wouldn't expect my RAR to shoot as well as the Chuckster, but it holds its own..

How far was that group? I was talking 100 yard accuracy.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (007FJ, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 51 invisible), 2,693 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,568
Posts18,453,813
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.