red fox/grey fox
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

GB1

Alamosa Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I saw this one and thought he looked familiar ...
[Linked Image]

... but when I checked the dates the last image was from long ago. Next generation maybe?
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

At first I thought this bull looked awful skinny but after looking at a few others at the same angle maybe he's pretty normal.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Alamosa Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
long beams with few points is characteristic of this area
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fabulous pictures Alamosa! Good for you.

What make of camera do you use?

The Moultrie I had just stopped working.

Alamosa Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
My wife gave me that Primos. It takes a bunch of AA batteries - at least 8, maybe even 12 of them. It's been going strong on the original set of batteries for close to 2 years though.

That Wildgame camera is sold at Walmart. It takes (4) c-cells. It seems to freeze up when the temps go negative. Still not bad for a cheap one.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Fantastic ! !

I hope that you don't take for granted having game like those NEAR you.

I'm not being critical. I've always wanted to live where there were Elk, Mule Deer, Bear, Sheep etc. even Cougar.

Thnx for sharing.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Very cool! Thanks for sharing, these are great!

Good Shooting!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Hey Alamosa, are you in Alamosa? I'm one of those crazy folks with a lot in San Louis Valley Ranches. I hope to get down there one day and spend more time. I've owned the lot for 10 years and only been there once. Bought if from my Aunt and Uncle when they just got tired of it.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
Alamosa Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
Hey Alamosa, are you in Alamosa? I'm one of those crazy folks with a lot in San Louis Valley Ranches. I hope to get down there one day and spend more time. I've owned the lot for 10 years and only been there once. Bought if from my Aunt and Uncle when they just got tired of it.

Alamosa is the name of my duck hunting kayak because it's camo'd up like a floating cottonwood (alamosa) log.
The nearest thing to me that could pass for a civilization is Pueblo, but I don't like to admit that I'm anywhere near it. Pueblo is certainly not civilized.
It has been a few years now since I lived in the San Luis Valley.
I came across some old photos of an elk herd the other night that I'm pretty sure were taken on the San Luis Valley Ranches properties. There are loads of elk in the SLV but getting hunting access is tough.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I've got a friend that lives down there. He works on a ranch and has elk on the ranch all the time. His son live just up the road in Driggs ID. They swing through about twice a year.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
IC B3

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Alamosa
[Linked Image]

seems to be shaking off like a dog [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
red fox/grey fox
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Great Pictures! But where is the snow? We were hunting late season elk cow tags outside of Durango the same week Jan 9 to 14 and had nearly 3 ft of snow to hike thru, where ever you are at in Colorado it looks to be less than 6 inches!

We did see the nicest Bull I have ever seen in the woods that was just standing on a ridge line watching us for at least 5 minutes, he had to know we only had cow tags smile

Ted
Alamosa Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by old_willys

Great Pictures! But where is the snow? We were hunting late season elk cow tags outside of Durango the same week Jan 9 to 14 and had nearly 3 ft of snow to hike thru, where ever you are at in Colorado it looks to be less than 6 inches!

We did see the nicest Bull I have ever seen in the woods that was just standing on a ridge line watching us for at least 5 minutes, he had to know we only had cow tags smile

I really miss hunting that unit.
Back in my days there when we would get those kind of snows the herds would move in two well established paths.
Some would drop into the Animas Valley where there wasn't much hunting access. A good number of them would cross through Perrins Peak SWA, across 160 onto unit 741. These days that Southerly migration seems to be almost completely blocked with upscale suburban development.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

396 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1minute, 16penny, 12savage, 45 invisible), 2,805 guests, and 1,107 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,580
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.